Championship Free Transfers That Could Be Of Interest To Us

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ben Davies & Ben Pearson - Preston
Dominic Hyam- Coventry City
Joe Rothwell - Blackburn
Kabasele - Watford
Rothwell would be interesting I remember him being touted the other year. He fits the profile the club seems to like aswell came through at a top academy dropped down to get first team football and is working his way back.

Joe Rothwell - Blackburn
Kabasele - Watford
Problem is why would they leave now to join us as opposed to in the summer and assess what is the best option then. We're a sinking ship and not exactly tempting to join right now. I think any permanent signings will be in the summer.

Problem is why would they leave now to join us as opposed to in the summer and assess what is the best option then. We're a sinking ship and not exactly tempting to join right now. I think any permanent signings will be in the summer.

Some players might see it as either their only chance, or just a worthwhile opportunity, to play in the Premier League. Despite impending relegation.

Also, they'd probably get a pay bump moving from a mid-table Championship club.

But I think these are players out of contract in the summer anyway. Not necessarily to sign this window.

Joe Rothwell is a good shout. Has looked good whenever I’ve seen him. That’s not been too many times though I’ll admit.

Either way our midfield needs freshening up so he’s the type we should be looking at.

Because all are top end championship players, but none, bar Kabasele, are Premier League starters. Better for them to get 20 games under their belt and bed in for next season, providing CWAK fancy any of them?

Joe Rothwell - Blackburn
Kabasele - Watford
To that list you could also add:
Juninho Bacuna - Huddersfield
Alen Halilovic & Dan Crowley - Birmingham

All creative attacking midfielders who could add something in the Championship

Bacuna got binned by Warnock for a shit attitude & a lack of heart, so don't see him being an option for CWAK? Crowley has been decent when I've seen him, to be fair. Isn't he the ex Arsenal kid who Barnsley signed? Never even heard of Halilovic!

Halilovic is at Birmingham?

Crazy how far he has fallen.
Sounds like his dad has been a very disruptive influence on his career. Hiring personal coaches for his son, constantly having personal bodyguards around and practically demanding his son played. But he's only 23 and clearly talented. Just needs a chance to restart his career which he seems to be doing at Birmingham. And playing well from what I hear

Bacuna got binned by Warnock for a shit attitude & a lack of heart, so don't see him being an option for CWAK? Crowley has been decent when I've seen him, to be fair. Isn't he the ex Arsenal kid who Barnsley signed? Never even heard of Halilovic!
That was Leandro Bacuna who fell out with Warnock. Juninho is his younger brother and has never played under Warnock.
Crowley has always looked decent and had a very good spell in Holland. Hasn't really had any football this year due to a change of formation but there's definitely a good player there

Because all are top end championship players, but none, bar Kabasele, are Premier League starters. Better for them to get 20 games under their belt and bed in for next season, providing CWAK fancy any of them?
They'd only be in the PL for 20 games - most likely - and wold then be back where they are now. Or they can stay where they are, in the case of Watford players they may go up anyway, and for those from clubs not likely to go up they may get a move in the summer to a PL club. Our position has vertually screwed any chance of a permanent signing from the Championship in my opinion, unless it's someone who's not wanted and I oubt we'd be going for someone who's not wanted by a Championship club.

They'd only be in the PL for 20 games - most likely - and wold then be back where they are now. Or they can stay where they are, in the case of Watford players they may go up anyway, and for those from clubs not likely to go up they may get a move in the summer to a PL club. Our position has vertually screwed any chance of a permanent signing from the Championship in my opinion, unless it's someone who's not wanted and I oubt we'd be going for someone who's not wanted by a Championship club.
I would suggest that if any of them came to us, bar kabasele, it would be the only premier league game time that they would get in their whole career.

Sounds like another Moose! Sign him up

I would suggest that if any of them came to us, bar kabasele, it would be the only premier league game time that they would get in their whole career.
That may be true mat, but on the other hand that requires the player to also be in alignment and I think many won't fancy joining us in our current predictiment. I think the lack of fans and atmosphere also makes a 4 month stint in the PL less appealing then it would do normally, as Old Trafford etc is not the same as going with a full house.

That may be true mat, but on the other hand that requires the player to also be in alignment and I think many won't fancy joining us in our current predictiment. I think the lack of fans and atmosphere also makes a 4 month stint in the PL less appealing then it would do normally, as Old Trafford etc is not the same as going with a full house.
The choice is simple. You can either tell your grandkids you were a premier league player. Or you can tell them you weren’t good enough?

Is that the Crowley that’s gone on Loan to Hull!?

Shows the read watch on this board.

Is that the Crowley that’s gone on Loan to Hull!?

Shows the read watch on this board.
He wasn't getting any football at Birmingham, much to the frustration of many of the fans. He's still a young lad who's been told he's not needed by his manager. Hull are flying in League one and he'll be playing regularly in a good team. Dropping down a league doesn't mean he's not a good player. Didn't do Ben White any harm last year.

I’m glad this thread is a piss take, a team relegated from the premier league looking at free agents in the championship, come off it.

Kabasele was one of the best CB's I saw at Bramall Lane last season. I was surprised he stayed at Watford. I don't think he'll fancy another year in the Championship on significantly lower wages
Not be coming to us then

Rothwell would be interesting I remember him being touted the other year. He fits the profile the club seems to like aswell came through at a top academy dropped down to get first team football and is working his way back.
I think we need to find another profile.

Back
Top Bottom