Roy's View From... Championship Fans Views On Sheffield United Ahead Of The 21/22 Season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

I'm enjoying a week of hyping myself up for the match at BDTBL. Thanks for helping, Andrew. 👍🏻

“I expect their ****ty fanbase to mark today’s events in proper blades fashion…… smashing windows of families living nearby or attacking kids or lone teenagers…”

Its “Kidney punching“ not “attacking“ kids or lone teenagers.

Great research as always. How dare Blackpool lump us in with that other lot!

Hull fans are a weird lot aren't they? They barely pass as a footnote for me but they have such a hard-on for us.

I used to live in Hull and go to games when they were dogshit and in Division 3 (and had a supermarket in one stand, which was handy at half time tbh) and it was £3 in for students. I used to wear a United top fairly frequently and only ever got nice comments from Hull fans. Often slightly iffy locals as well.

Then they had their bit of fame didn't they and got in the PL. Attracted lot of dickhead fake fans who went around giving it the big one (I was back in Sheffield then) and wouldn't even accept that they used to get a few thousand fans knocking around the lower leagues and Duane Darby was their Keith Edwards.

Biggest nobheads going imo.

Probably just me, but I’m annoyed with the amount of people predicting WBA and Fulham both finish above us. We beat both of these to promotion in previous seasons and when you look at the teams from then and compare them now, the Fulham and West Brom squads look uncannily similar. Bournemouth look more of a threat to me.

In Fulhams case how on earth does losing 7 first team players and signing one, equate to being better than a United side that has remained the same and hopefully getting better due to players returning from injury.

With WBA you have a team that has effectively lost its creative outlet who is responsible for 37% of their goals over the past 2 seasons and they conceded more than anyone else last season, with their next creative force, sawyers, who’s ball playing skills will be more often than not bypassed because of kick and press tactics akin to the plight of Leon Britton 2010-11.

Lots of “word of the street” predictions about us, based on the inability to shake off “long ball, physical side” tag and tabloids that had already decided we would be the worst team in premier league history before the end of the season was ever in sight. In reality we finished with more points than Norwich did who conceded more than us and they have just shagged the division a new un. Brilliant work again, Cheers Roygbiv UTB!

Thanks Roy! Some quality comments on here, especially from Hull but no surprise there( smashing windows? Come on Hull, we all know you think glass in windows is the work of witches so don't give us that) but a lot of disturbingly complimentary ones which always unsettles me slightly.
Fucking hell,less than a week to go.

Back
Top Bottom