Burke to millwall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good news. Wonder what sort of payoff we'll have to give him.

Hopefully any money raised in the sale will at least clear his outstanding contract

I'd imagine Millwall will pay us a nominal amount as a transfer fee. If they want him we don't have to pay up his contract.

He seems happy there so hopefully he'll agree wages with no issues (he must have a healthy bank balance).

And good luck to the lad.

Of all CW's signings, this one (together with Freeman shortly before changing to a formation into which he didn't fit) is the biggest headscratcher and reeks of desperation when things were going wrong. It was almost as if he was the only player with any sort of pace available within Utd's budget - perhaps due to CW's reluctance to explore other markets outside UK based that may have been the case.

He certainly tried hard and of course can always say he scored a winner at Old Trafford but it was obvious to most / all that he simply wasn't good enough.

He seems to have settled well at Milllwall so I hope he secures a move there and he does well. Of course, he'll undoubtedly score against Utd next season, as will Cooper as always! :)

Would be a one of the best pieces of business we do all summer if he goes. Should take up Rugby League as he just doesn't get football does he?

Rumour has it that they have two bids in for players one of whom will break their transfer record of £1.5m ( Ryan leonard from us ) wonderful piece of business if we get that much.

Good riddance!!! Never thought id see a worse player up front than Sammon again, but along came Burke.

Iq's of bermondsey and Sheffield just reached record levels of inequality

At this level Burke offers some serious pace and that alone can sometimes get you by at this level without being technically that skillful.
I think this was CW's idea in the PL, that Burke could stretch teams with his pace and help us counter or break presses.
Unfortunately his end product isn't up to PL standard really and that's the problem. So we would try and use Burke on occasions but (and not to be mean) it would invariably end up going out for a throw or goal kick.

Good that Millwall want him and I'm sure we will agree to let him go. Best for all parties.

At this level Burke offers some serious pace and that alone can sometimes get you by at this level without being technically that skillful.
I think this was CW's idea in the PL, that Burke could stretch teams with his pace and help us counter or break presses.
Unfortunately his end product isn't up to PL standard really and that's the problem. So we would try and use Burke on occasions but (and not to be mean) it would invariably end up going out for a throw or goal kick.

Good that Millwall want him and I'm sure we will agree to let him go. Best for all parties.

I'm sure that Utd will want rid - what is likely to be a challenge is bridging the gap in personal terms. He'll currently be on fortunes compared to most/all Millwall players. It may come down to just how much Utd want him off their books.

Wonder how many years after he leaves he'll still get bullied by Blades fans.
Always gave 100% and tried to change games single handedly when Wilder's boys were scared of their own shadows playing 'the system'.
Huge GLTTL from me.

I didn't think there was a striker who could strike a ball worse than Mcburnie but Burke could certainty give him a run for his money. His winner at old trafford wouldn't have looked out of place on concorde

He's shit, doesn't have a football bone in his body but it's not his fault that multiple clubs have spent money to secure his services. For me his best position would be chasing an ice cream van down on a hot day. All the best Oli.

Another disastrous deal from the archives of Wilder's Premier League recruitment.

Buys Robinson for 6-7m.
Plays him in a position that doesn't suit him
Swaps him for Burke and around 1m, raring Burke at 5-6m
Club happy to offload Burke to save his wages

Nice way to piss up the wall another 6m, to add to the 5m on Freeman and the 10m loss on Mousset, not to mention the 20m imminent loss on McBurnie.

It's going to take a heck of a lot of Ramsdales to address what is already going to be a 41m trading loss on 5 players.

I'd imagine Millwall will pay us a nominal amount as a transfer fee. If they want him we don't have to pay up his contract.

He seems happy there so hopefully he'll agree wages with no issues (he must have a healthy bank balance).

And good luck to the lad.
I'd be happy if we only pay them £250,000

Another disastrous deal from the archives of Wilder's Premier League recruitment.

Buys Robinson for 6-7m.
Plays him in a position that doesn't suit him
Swaps him for Burke and around 1m, raring Burke at 5-6m
Club happy to offload Burke to save his wages

Nice way to piss up the wall another 6m, to add to the 5m on Freeman and the 10m loss on Mousset, not to mention the 20m imminent loss on McBurnie.

It's going to take a heck of a lot of Ramsdales to address what is already going to be a 41m trading loss on 5 players.

Don't forget £23m splashed on 'Prem Ready' Brewster and possible loss incoming on Berge

On that note - it's interesting to note that the recruitment team including Bettis as CEO remain at the club so it's obvious who the hierarchy sees as responsible for all those horrific signings

If Milwall want one of our players why don’t we just ask for one of theirs… we all know who.

Back
Top Bottom