CONFIRMED Burke joins Millwall on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bloody hell, I realise that Blackburn isn't a metropolis or anything close.
But surely they've got WiFi and tv's, to be able to make a constructive decision that Burke isn't a footballer.
But if they really are that blind, I'll order him an Uber now.
Maybe they're on the old Radio Times match system.

"The ball's passed back to the keeper in Square One. It's passed wide to Norrington-Davies in Square Three who moves it forward to Burke, and look at him go. He's already in Square Seven!"

Middlesbrough and Blackburn Rovers are ready to revisit their interest in Oliver Burke from the summer in the January transfer window, Football League World can exclusively reveal

I keep hearing that he's off to Blackburn.

Middlesbrough and Blackburn Rovers are ready to revisit their interest in Oliver Burke from the summer in the January transfer window, Football League World can exclusively reveal
Boro can f off

God, I hope the rumours are true.

The absolute joy & relief that I will feel when this useless lump of a footballer leaves BDTBL, will be tempered by the fact that it'll be on a free and through our sheer stupidity/naivety in the transfer market we have turned the precious £7m to £9m we payed for Callum Robinson into the square root of sweet fanny adams in 2 1/2 seasons.

What with add ons and wages, the club has managed to wank away well over £10m and will have nothing to show for it other than 2 laughing wealthy ex-players and a laughing wealthy ex-manager.

God, I hope the rumours are true.

The absolute joy & relief that I will feel when this useless lump of a footballer leaves BDTBL, will be tempered by the fact that it'll be on a free and through our sheer stupidity/naivety in the transfer market we have turned the precious £7m to £9m we payed for Callum Robinson into the square root of sweet fanny adams in 2 1/2 seasons.

What with add ons and wages, the club has managed to wank away well over £10m and will have nothing to show for it other than 2 laughing wealthy ex-players and a laughing wealthy ex-manager.

Callum robinson didn’t cost £7-9 mill more like £5 mill which we recovered a portion when we swapped him with West Brom

He’s depreciated in value because we flat out refuse to play him much like Brewster until recently

We also will recoup plenty of those loses from ramsdale and bogle if he was to be sold on continued quality form

Also our former boss generated 2-300 Million for the club who couldn’t afford to sign anybody before he arrived so he is well deserved on getting a pay off which every single Manager gets when leaving 9 times out of 10

Callum robinson didn’t cost £7-9 mill more like £5 mill which we recovered a portion when we swapped him with West Brom

He’s depreciated in value because we flat out refuse to play him much like Brewster until recently

We also will recoup plenty of those loses from ramsdale and bogle if he was to be sold on continued quality form

Also our former boss generated 2-300 Million for the club who couldn’t afford to sign anybody before he arrived so he is well deserved on getting a pay off which every single Manager gets when leaving 9 times out of 10

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I hope this is true that he's close to being somebody else's burden, but I honestly feel we'll never negotiate a deal for someone to sign him.

He's likely sitting on a contract and I can't see a club being able to match or better his current terms, so it's a test of his dedication to a football career - be unsatisfied but earn boat loads or take a gamble, sacrifice your salary and aim for bigger things. Time will tell.

I'd genuinely love to ask Wilder and/or Mitchell what attracted them to signing OB when he wasnt even in WBA's first team?

I hope this is true that he's close to being somebody else's burden, but I honestly feel we'll never negotiate a deal for someone to sign him.

He's likely sitting on a contract and I can't see a club being able to match or better his current terms, so it's a test of his dedication to a football career - be unsatisfied but earn boat loads or take a gamble, sacrifice your salary and aim for bigger things. Time will tell.

I'd genuinely love to ask Wilder and/or Mitchell what attracted them to signing OB when he wasnt even in WBA's first team?
I can only presume that ever since Wilder managed to get a tune out of Basham and Coutts while plucking out others like Stevens, Baldock and Duffy to name a few that he thought he could do it with anybody, hence all the guff that we signed since, with Burke chief among them.

I think Burke lasted longer here than he has anywhere else but if Blackburn go up then Burke will be off elsewhere again, a middle of the road Scottish club, like a Kilmarnock/Motherwell/Hibs/Hearts is about where he'll finish up

I can only presume that ever since Wilder managed to get a tune out of Basham and Coutts while plucking out others like Stevens, Baldock and Duffy to name a few that he thought he could do it with anybody, hence all the guff that we signed since, with Burke chief among them.

I think Burke lasted longer here than he has anywhere else but if Blackburn go up then Burke will be off elsewhere again, a middle of the road Scottish club, like a Kilmarnock/Motherwell/Hibs/Hearts is about where he'll finish up
He might head to the SPL but he'll end up, like Conor Sammon, as a part-timer somewhere like Raith Rovers or Alloa Athletic.

To be fair to him, if he knows he's as crap as everyone else knows he is, he'd be mad to take any sort of gamble. He should hold out for the same money or stay put.

To be fair to him, if he knows he's as crap as everyone else knows he is, he'd be mad to take any sort of gamble. He should hold out for the same money or stay put.
Yeah, looking at it from his perspective, he's been talked up particularly at the start of his career as the next big thing but despite numerous moves to some decent clubs, he's failed to deliver and has been moved on fairly swiftly by every single one of them. West Brom signing him for £15m is up there as one of the worst deals going, rivalling some of ours.

If he's got any sense, he ought to invest his money while he's still got it into something useful rather than on Balenciaga designer bin liners because based on what we've seen and everyone else before us, I doubt playing football will be his main source of income 10 years time.

I actually think in the Prem Burke had a role to play as sides wouldn't push forward so much when he was on.
I sometimes wonder if his career with us had been different if he hadn't been pulled down through on goal in the Arsenal game at the start of the season. If he bags that and contributes to a result early doors, who knows what sort of player he might have become.

I sometimes wonder if his career with us had been different if he hadn't been pulled down through on goal in the Arsenal game at the start of the season. If he bags that and contributes to a result early doors, who knows what sort of player he might have become.

I don't think that a player who falls over the ball and runs it out of play has been hard done by because of a 'sliding doors' moment against Arsenal.

He's shit.

If Burke was able to be just that bit more composed on the ball he'd possibly have a great career.
He doesn't seem to be able to manage it. Confidence always plays a key though and I do feel he's a better player than we've all seen as well.

He's certainly rapid and that always is useful.

In terms of value, I think as a club we should be realistic. I doubt many clubs would want to spend anything over £1m, sometimes you have to cut your losses on players.

Perfect player for running onto long balls. Think we should build our game around him. I want long grass in the corners, good strong midfielders to help him bully and Suffo to partner him.

Got the engine running to drive him there. Just got back from dropping Mousset off on London Road.

I maintain it, a sustained run of games up front in a confident side and he'll (literally) find his feet.
I'm sad to see it won't be here but he is a project player and we seemingly don't have the time to spare on it.
He is 24 years of age has all the attributes required to be a top class player other than the football Brain required to enable him to make the best of his abilities.
Lots have tried but all have failed, in theory I agree, in practise we need to move him on and try to recover whatever we can.

Back
Top Bottom