CONFIRMED Burke joins Millwall on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Give over, do you really think someone who signed for £13 million to Leipzig and £15 million to WBA isn't on major money? Hardly likely to swap £50/60k at WBA for £15k at Sheffield United is he?
There are numerous albeit sketchy sourced salary sites that have his wage between 8 and 19k, I say sketchy but probably have more research put in than robbiez666s assumptions on S24SU

Given they've signed a striker today, are we assuming this is off?

not necessarily, because the only person on the planet who thinks Burke is a striker, Chris Wilder, is not Boro manager.

I remember that interview when he signed. When asked where he played he said "as a winger" and then, after being pormpted by the interviewer, said "I can play as a wide forward as well"

I think Chris had been drinking too much Peroni at that point.

His basic wage is £9k per week but when he resembles a footballer he gets paid £19k per week. We saved £520k on his contract in the last 12 months alone.

If we can somehow get Tyrhys Dolan as part of a swap deal then that would go down as the best transfer in our clubs history

Blackburn open talks to sign Sheffield United star Burke​

Blackburn Rovers are working on a deal to sign Sheffield United forward Oli Burke on loan, Football Insider understands.

The Blades are willing to let the 24-year-old leave the club on loan and several Championship rivals have expressed an interest in signing the Scotland international.

Opened talks...hmm
Blackburn " we'll give you..."
Blades "Deal, sign here and here and here. Thanks, bye"
Blackburn " But we haven't told you our offer"
Blades" offer, smoffer. Just sign before you see him play, I mean before 11 p.m."

Blackburn: -silence-
Blades: "Sold"
Blackburn "But we have not even bid for Burke!"
Blades: "He is on his way to you as we speak"
Blackburn "We don't want him!"

I've started the car. Where does he need picking up from?

Blackburn: -silence-
Blackburn "But we have not even bid for Burke!"
Blades: "He is on his way to you as we speak"
Blackburn "We don't want him!"
Blackburn: we’ll send a car to collect him
Blades: Don’t worry, we pointed him in the right direction and told him to run. He should be over the Pennines in about 5 mins
Blackburn: He’s just run right past us and didn’t stop
Southend: We’ve just found a lost lad in the car park is he yours?
Blades: Sorry, never heard of him…

Blackburn "Hello, is that Sheffield United. We're interested in taking a player on loan. What are the chances of signing Daniel Jebbi....."

SUFC "Let's play a game. Actress. Cockney. Worked with Harry Enfield. Star of Gimme, Gimme. Kathy.....?"

Blackburn "Burke."

SUFC "Done. Deal. He's on his way."

* click *

Blackburn " Hello. Hello? Oh God, what have we done?"

Blackburn open talks to sign Sheffield United star Burke​

Blackburn Rovers are working on a deal to sign Sheffield United forward Oli Burke on loan, Football Insider understands.

The Blades are willing to let the 24-year-old leave the club on loan and several Championship rivals have expressed an interest in signing the Scotland international.

Star! 🤣

Getting rid of Burke will be a big mistake he really is nowhere near as bad as people make out 🤔🤔

Manager wants to play with wingers so we get rid of one of the only players who we have who can beat a man and play out wide 🤔

I don’t think we have ever actually played him as a winger either just as the pump and run type player

I've started the car. Where does he need picking up from?
Who cares, just don't bring him back.

That or pick him up and just drive in a straight line all the way up the A1 without stopping. When Burke asks you why are you going quickly in one direction for no apparent reason, pull over and yell at him "Annoying isn't it!?!"

Last edited:
If we send Burke to Blackburn with his current form he’ll end up signing for Blackpool with his over run as long as he‘s gone happy days.

Bloody hell, I realise that Blackburn isn't a metropolis or anything close.
But surely they've got WiFi and tv's, to be able to make a constructive decision that Burke isn't a footballer.
But if they really are that blind, I'll order him an Uber now.

Back
Top Bottom