BladesPod: Newcastle Review & Memorable Match: 2015 League Cup Semifinal v Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Evening all,

Victory (in the league) at last! Roygbiv and I are delighted to talk about it, even including the Bogle heart attack moment at the end, and a much better performance overall.

In the second half of the podcast, we relive the 2015 League Cup semifinal vs Spurs, seeing as we play them next in 2021. I appreciate we discussed two defeats last week; this week we progressed to a draw - I'll commit to a win on the next one.

Mentioned in this episode is Deadbat's report from that game, which I'll link here for anyone who wants to revisit it too.

Thanks as always for listening, very nice to talk about a win again.

And here on Spotify and Apple.

Just listened to the first half about last night's game while eating a chicken vindaloo - reyt enjoyed both!

For memorable matches, would you maybe continue the theme of picking the club we are playing the forthcoming fixture?

The balloon gate Man City game may be a good one to do, in a couple of weeks.

For memorable matches, would you maybe continue the theme of picking the club we are playing the forthcoming fixture?

The balloon gate Man City game may be a good one to do, in a couple of weeks.
Intending to do exactly that!

Enjoyed the pod, cheers as ever chaps.

On the subs, the Sharp one made complete sense for me at the time, we needed movement in the box, not a channel runner as there weren’t any channels.

Brewster coming on for Basham was just a way of getting Didzy into a free role (or no.10), he wasn’t actually as impactful as he could have been but there wasn’t a lot of space for him to operate, on the plus side Brewster looked good at picking the ball up running at them when he had chance, just the finish was lacking.

Roygbiv always manages to make me chuckle with his ‘Pottechino’ as well.

Enjoyed the pod, cheers as ever chaps.

On the subs, the Sharp one made complete sense for me at the time, we needed movement in the box, not a channel runner as there weren’t any channels.

Brewster coming on for Basham was just a way of getting Didzy into a free role (or no.10), he wasn’t actually as impactful as he could have been but there wasn’t a lot of space for him to operate, on the plus side Brewster looked good at picking the ball up running at them when he had chance, just the finish was lacking.

Roygbiv always manages to make me chuckle with his ‘Pottechino’ as well.

I like to think he’ll read the last part of your post later (probably from the bathroom) and think “eh? What’s up with that?” :)

The Spurs game showed how the away goals rule can skew a contest. Their second goal on the night just killed it, as we then need another 2 after all that hard work. So disappointing and a tad unfair, especially given how the first leg was decided, and we totally deserved something from the second leg.

On the Spurs game, definitely the loudest I've heard it at the Lane when the 2nd goal went in - was on the front row of the Kop that night in the snow and it was loud down there, so can only imagine how loud it was is you were further up under the roof.

Back
Top Bottom