Incoming? Ben Wiles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Know him through other people. Rawmarsh comp lad - get him in!

23 and playing for Rotherham, you would have thought someone would have picked him up by now if he was any good.

Stancliffe was 25 when we signed him from Rotherham! That turned out well! If it is Wiles I hope he's an athletic box to box type player we desperately need.

Said in another thread exactly the type of player we should be after. Young playwr proven in division one with something to prove at a higher level. Ive never heard of him but if our scouts like him that'll do for me. Brannigan at Oxford is another league one player we should be interested in.

he's got a great shot on him, always seems to lurk on the edge of the 18 yard box on set pieces and can put it in the top corner with either foot. definitely one for the "SHOOOOOOOOT" brigade

He came to the Lane to speak to some of the higher ups in the 19/20 season. I know this because he told me and my ex gaffer, when I was working for the Millers.

I would genuinely love a batch of these types of signings to fill out the squad depth with younger emerging talent and wait for the big loan deals to add the expected quality at this level.
One area of weakness that became apparent last season was that we have a significant gap between our promising kids being ready to step in and push for starting places. There’s a 2-3 season void that we need to fill and 22,23,24 year olds sound exactly right while the kids are given space to develop and improve.

Tell you what, since wilder it’s silly how little gets leaked about our transfer business. We only know for a fact that we’re interested in rothwell and clarke-salter so the players we’ve made offers for are a mystery. Even Ben wiles is just due to some speculation from a person on Twitter. Before you all come for me, by no means at all was that a dig at wilder or insinuating anything, just a time scale

Tell you what, since wilder it’s silly how little gets leaked about our transfer business. We only know for a fact that we’re interested in rothwell and clarke-salter so the players we’ve made offers for are a mystery. Even Ben wiles is just due to some speculation from a person on Twitter. Before you all come for me, by no means at all was that a dig at wilder or insinuating anything, just a time scale
Worried that the lack of leaks is a reflection of our involvement in the transfer market. When Wilder was involved recruitment was in full force.

Things tend to come out now whilst we’re in convo with the player and obviously that could be coming from the players side. Deadline day last summer being a case in point suddenly all those players names started hitting the press Olsen Collado MGW and the lad from Parma

A lot of ITKs got told to STFU at some point in the Prem stint so that's probably why.

Back
Top Bottom