Ben Davies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Belvedere Blade

Reaction score
Sheffield United loanee Ben Davies is reportedly on the radar of West Ham United as David Moyes looks to bolster his defensive ranks in the winter transfer window

James Tarkowski is Moyes’ main target and is reportedly readying a £7m bid, whilst Nat Phillips of Liverpool is someone else West Ham could target.

However, it appears that Davies is quite high on West Ham’s list of targets if neither of those deals come off according to The SUN

I like a lot of what he does but he makes a bad error every game and you don’t get away with that in the Premier League. Championship is the right level for him at the moment IMHO.

Looks at home on the left side of that back 3. If it looks like JOC is going to struggle to return for next year then I’d be happy to see him sign for us permanently. Been pretty impressed with him this last week or so.

He is the best replacement for JOC that we have had but our new found poverty means I very much doubt he will be with us on an extended basis

Ah, good old go back to the eighties and sort by height when it comes to centre half recommendations

Amazes me what some clubs see in certain players....Davies for me is a bang average Championship player at best.....could be a West Ham thing though, they did pay over £10m for Jordan Hugill after all....

Lopata will drop in, solely because were totally skint.

I'd prefer for Davies to stay as I think he will start to look better in a 3 at the back but being honest, he's hardly pulled up any trees and has at times looked a liability with a 2 CHs at the back.

If he goes I'm sure we will find a replacement without too much problem. Preferably one who is better in the air. Little bit indifferent to this one.

Davies going would certainly cause an issue - would Utd really recruit a backfill with Robinson and RND on the books? Neither are good nor big enough for LCB IMHO. Same goes for Stevens.

Talk of purchasing Cooper (or other) is laughable - there's no way fees will be paid unless someone is mad enough to pay the asking price for Berge

Davies is in a good position - he's on the Prem salary he craved and is playing regularly which firmly puts him in the shop window for potential suitors. Personally I don't think he's tough enough for the Prem, certainly not playing in a 2.

If Davies went, i wouldn't mind seeing if Forest would exchange Lowe for Scott McKenna, Left footed CB although he is a firm favourite there. He would be an amazing replacement for JOC... up there with the most aerial duels won and he's only 25yo

Is Davies off then?

I saw something about him not playing because he was "elsewhere in London"

We're obviously skint, but we couldn't afford to not bring in a replacement if Davies goes back.
He's hardly set the world alight himself, but we'd be so woefully short of options to continue with 3 at the back

Understand that he’s had some tragic news so that may well be it, very sad if that is so

Tbh it’s not even really new news, he met her and married her after she had received the diagnosis. I’m wondering if any absence maybe down to a downturn in health or appointments. Not a topic to speculate on I appreciate and this is public information so I’m not breaking any confidences but also wanted to point out a potential reason for being missing maybe

Jesus, poor fella and poor woman.
If the man needs Christmas off and beyond then give it to him. Nothing's more important than life and loved ones. Heckingbottom, McCall & Lester all seems like very decent blokes so I'm sure will support him with whatever he needs.

Back
Top Bottom