CONFIRMED Ben Davies signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Davies issue may well be the salary Liverpool gave him. But he was always a short term investment for them. They'll want a fee that I can't imagine anyone paying
And we shouldn’t be stupid enough to take their problem away. We could always just offer a loan which is what I think we’ll do.

And we shouldn’t be stupid enough to take their problem away. We could always just offer a loan which is what I think we’ll do.
yes i do as well probably season long loan with a view to buy at the end of it know we were after him when he was at preston so mitchell must rate him dont know much about him is he a lcb bob ?

yes i do as well probably season long loan with a view to buy at the end of it know we were after him when he was at preston so mitchell must rate him dont know much about him is he a lcb bob ?
I’ve only seen him a few times but from memory I believe he’s a left footed centre half who’s comfortable on the ball. Never top half PL level from what I knew but some of the super scouts and FM players I’m sure will correct me if I’m wrong and his level is higher.

Really odd one I feel, not saying he's a bad player, but spent a few loan years to lower League clubs before becoming.a PNE regular. Then strangely Liverpool sign him just purely as a body can't have been to piss us off could it?
Won't have done him no harm being at Liverpool, so long as big bucks aren't involved, why not.

I’ve only seen him a few times but from memory I believe he’s a left footed centre half who’s comfortable on the ball. Never top half PL level from what I knew but some of the super scouts and FM players I’m sure will correct me if I’m wrong and his level is higher.
He's more Stones than Mings would be a reasonable description of style

Can't imagine Davies relinquishing his contract at Liverpool for the offers that will come his way.

Career wise he's painted himself into a (very lucrative) corner.

right well him and robinson will be competing for the lcb spot then with davies more than likely the first choice if we get him although i do think robinson is good enough there for the championship egans cover next then

right well him and robinson will be competing for the lcb spot then with davies more than likely the first choice if we get him although i do think robinson is good enough there for the championship egans cover next then

I think Ben Davies could be cover for Egan as well, he reads the game well and his defensive positioning seems good. Davies isn't the most commanding though and we must make sure we don't end up with a light weight squad.

I think Ben Davies could be cover for Egan as well, he reads the game well and his defensive positioning seems good. Davies isn't the most commanding though and we must make sure we don't end up with a light weight squad.

Good summary Preston fans say his biggest weakness is his ability in the air. As its also Bashs main flaw we will not address the problems I mentioned in post 222. Having said that if he comes he's a left footed centre half which we currently don't have.

Doubt it. I don’t think they’ve got the money for that kind of bollocks. They’re run for profit, not to massage their owners’ egos.

They were missing VVD, Matip and Gomez.

Nat Phillips proved half decent cover in the end but can see the logic behind a cheap experienced CB option.

Last edited:
Liverpool (if you believe the papers) are still shopping for centre backs so it seems within the realms of possiblities that they’d sell Davies specially that he has the chance to make appearances but hasn’t but it all comes down to money and also if Liverpool do sign other centre backs.

Headline from The Sun:

KOP OUT​

Ben Davies to leave Liverpool without playing a single minute in Sheff Utd loan

Headline from The Sun:

KOP OUT​

Ben Davies to leave Liverpool without playing a single minute in Sheff Utd loan

Be a really sensible signing bringing him in on loan.

Had a look at a Liverpool forum earlier and VVD, Matip and Gomes are all meant to be back in training soon, so it would seem likely that he'll be moved on. Doubt he'd even make the squad.

Would be ok and am not saying we shouldn't be in for him, but I'd love to understand more about our scouting.

I'm pretty sure within an hour most on here with limited resources could come up with Hourihane and Davies.

They are hardly inspired signings.

Lazy would be unfair as I don't know how they spend their time but you'd really hope we would cast the net a bit wider.

Would be ok and am not saying we shouldn't be in for him, but I'd love to understand more about our scouting.

I'm pretty sure within an hour most on here with limited resources could come up with Hourihane and Davies.

They are hardly inspired signings.

Lazy would be unfair as I don't know how they spend their time but you'd really hope we would cast the net a bit wider.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is mostly agents who are leaking stuff to the media in these cases in an effort to see if a club bites and fancies their player. Utd might be interested in both of these players and I would be surprised if they weren't on our radar anyway, but I believe that Utd are looking at PL loans and overseas players. The former fits with Hourihane who is out of contract next summer and probably wants to get fixed up with a longer contract somewhere and Davies who is on a very nice wage but will probably not play a minute of football for the remainder of his contract. Their agents will be fully aware that no other PL are likely to want these players, whilst the only others in England who can potentially afford them in the Championship are teams with parachute payments. They have limited scope. Utd should be looking to drive a hard bargain with these players and their agents if we are genuinely interested and I feel that in this covid world a lot of player power with excessive earnings will have disappeared with only the PL teams and their players immune. The days of Championship clubs offering daft wages to new players are over for the time being.

Liverpool bought him for £1.6 million

He hasn't played a single minute for them, and has about as much chance of playing as I do.

By our fans logic, we should be able to buy him for about £500,000
No way a championship club will buy Davies.He will get a loan possibly us,with Liverpool supporting his wages.Which is the stumbling block of any permanent deal at this juncture.
Davies will be looking at a club with good prospects of promotion possibly us.
Only way he will keep the gravy train going is promotion back to prem,unless he sits on his contract and she's it out,which is very unlikely.

No way a championship club will buy Davies.He will get a loan possibly us,with Liverpool supporting his wages.Which is the stumbling block of any permanent deal at this juncture.
Davies will be looking at a club with good prospects of promotion possibly us.
Only way he will keep the gravy train going is promotion back to prem,unless he sits on his contract and she's it out,which is very unlikely.

Ideal loan to buy if promoted candidate imo.

Perfect loan.

All being well come Feb/March JOC can step up his rehab, take all the time he needs with absolutely no pressure to return ahead of schedule and give himself the best chance of getting back out on the pitch to make a half decent rest of his career.

Perfect loan.

All being well come Feb/March JOC can step up his rehab, take all the time he needs with absolutely no pressure to return ahead of schedule and give himself the best chance of getting back out on the pitch to make a half decent rest of his career.

agree - the decision on JOC must be made with his career in mind not the next 12 months.

we’ve got to hope given the time he comes back the same player he was before and not rushing him back too soon will give him the best chance of that.

agree - the decision on JOC must be made with his career in mind not the next 12 months.

we’ve got to hope given the time he comes back the same player he was before and not rushing him back too soon will give him the best chance of that.
If it takes him 8 months or 2 years doesn’t matter to me, I just want to see him back out on that pitch. Be that for us or Tranmere Rovers. Would destroy him if he couldn’t I feel

Would make sense this one. Solid player at this level. I like the idea of a loan move but would be great if we could get him permanently instead. This is one of the transfers i'd be pushing for more than others.

A loan wouldn't be the worst thing in the world - we'd have an excellent chance of signing him if we go up, and he's played a key part in that, and if we stay down we'd probably not want to be hamstrung with his wages (assuming they're fairly high following the Liverpool move).

I think CW would probably give his cat a kick if we do get him in though, after our efforts over the last year or so!

Back
Top Bottom