Been talking to my West Ham mate about season tickets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
Had a video chat with my long time West Ham mate who is a long time season ticket holder. WHUFC have today released season ticket details for next season and my mate has bought one the same price as last season. He had payment for the 5 matches post lockdown credited into his ticket account meaning he paid less for his season ticket than he did last summer. My mate and I are in agreement that it looks like that the home matches we cannot attend during the 2020-21 season (due to reduced capacity as reported in the papers) we will receive credit into our ticket account for the 2021-22 season ticket.

It looks like that we will be hearing season ticket details from SUFC in the next few days.

Last edited:

I believe the ST situation at West Ham is that existing ticket holders can renew at last season's prices minus the 5 games that were played after the lockdown. The cracker is that as the attendance may be regulated to conform to social distancing the holders go into a lottery which will decide who gets to attend! So if your lucks out you could buy a season ticket for the 20/21 season & not actually be able to see the team play "live". The club (WHU) have stated that tickets can be given to another person if the holder is unable to attend (for health reasons, I think). Apparently the unlucky ticket holders will be credited with any money for "unused" i.e. non lottery winning tickets by discounting the season ticket for the 21/22 season! Didn't think any Premiership club was that desperate for money (apart from Villa) I have also heard that if renewal is not completed by a certain date the seat goes on general sale. So much for loyalty!

It looks like that we will be hearing season ticket details from SUFC in the next few days.

Where have you heard it will be the next few days?

I'd be surprised as I'd think that the club won't put them on sale until the Govt announce the exact numbers allowed in and approx when. Mid October is being reported heard but clubs may not know for another couple of months.

The problem is the club of course won't know yet exactly how many seats they can sell and need to work out then who they can sell ST too. They don't know the number of games either. It's a bloody nightmare.

Not sure how it works otherwise as if they put on sale to all last seasons ST holders in a few days (with the discount or prize freeze as promised) and we sell same amount then do they reimburse the other 12,000 part or full season ticket if only a third (10,000) can then attend?

That's assuming they just let in the 10,000 with highest loyalty points?

The other option is they rotate the 22,000 ST around for the approx 10,000 allowed in th ground so everyone might see 6 or 7 games out of the games left from Oct to the end of the season If all ST get like 1 in 2 games. We missed 4 games was it so in theory our ST should be very cheap if they were taking the money off as they indicated so we'd only pay for a few games ?!

West Ham's is ground is double the capacity of ours so could have double our crowds sadly and we have the 5th smallest ground in the EPL (Burnley, West Brom, Palace, Wolves) so those 5 including us will be around 10,000 capacity where as the top 6/7 can let double in most cases.

I don't envy the club/s as it is an administrative nightmare planning for when/numbers of seats/where to sit people. Also not sure many will get their actual ST seats- assume you would get a ticket for a zone as most seats won't be used - a third of the ground. If they do sell them then you may have to get a ticket rather than a seat you'd think?

Be interesting what they do.

Where have you heard it will be the next few days?

I'd be surprised as I'd think that the club won't put them on sale until the Govt announce the exact numbers allowed in and approx when. Mid October is being reported heard but clubs may not know for another couple of months.

The problem is the club of course won't know yet exactly how many seats they can sell and need to work out then who they can sell ST too. They don't know the number of games either. It's a bloody nightmare.

Not sure how it works otherwise as if they put on sale to all last seasons ST holders in a few days (with the discount or prize freeze as promised) and we sell same amount then do they reimburse the other 12,000 part or full season ticket if only a third (10,000) can then attend?

That's assuming they just let in the 10,000 with highest loyalty points?

The other option is they rotate the 22,000 ST around for the approx 10,000 allowed in th ground so everyone might see 6 or 7 games out of the games left from Oct to the end of the season If all ST get like 1 in 2 games. We missed 4 games was it so in theory our ST should be very cheap if they were taking the money off as they indicated so we'd only pay for a few games ?!

West Ham's is ground is double the capacity of ours so could have double our crowds sadly and we have the 5th smallest ground in the EPL (Burnley, West Brom, Palace, Wolves) so those 5 including us will be around 10,000 capacity where as the top 6/7 can let double in most cases.

I don't envy the club/s as it is an administrative nightmare planning for when/numbers of seats/where to sit people. Also not sure many will get their actual ST seats- assume you would get a ticket for a zone as most seats won't be used - a third of the ground. If they do sell them then you may have to get a ticket rather than a seat you'd think?

Be interesting what they do.
Am expecting that we will soon get news about next season tickets. I havent checked the other PL clubs for their 2020-21 season ticket news.

It makes sense that the club will credit the payments to season ticket holders season ticket account for the matches they are forced to miss during the 2020-21 season tickets.

We were forced to miss the Spurs, Wolves, Chelsea and Everton home games so the money calculated from these games (4/19 of the season ticket you paid last summer) goes into your ticket account for the 2020-21 season ticket. Let's say you will be asked not to go to 6 of the 19 home games for next season then the payment for the 6 games you missed will go into your ticket account for the 2021/22 season ticket. This is what my mate and I think will happen.

Assuming the club do sell all the STs and then rotate the attendance, I can see a couple of options; they social distance us throughout the stands including BLLT so those attending would have to be issued a separate ticket or they give us our own seat and rotate so we are correctly distanced.

Either way, as Deadbat says, its an administrative nightmare

On top of that we may also have an arrival time and departure time to minimise crowds, and mumble our way through GCBS wearing a mask.

I’m taking a packed lunch and a bottle to piss in.

Don’t envy the people in the ticket office having to sort this, it’s going to be a nightmare to sort. And that’s without bringing cup games into the equation!

Don’t envy the people in the ticket office having to sort this, it’s going to be a nightmare to sort. And that’s without bringing cup games into the equation!

I can see Cup games being the 1 plus point for clubs. Sheff Utd v Southend in the FA Cup 3rd round would be a sell out with the limited crowds.

The club will have a closing date for the season ticket renewals. Wouldnt surprise me if they will not allow new applicants for the season tickets. I believe there will be a few who will not renew their season tickets until 2021-22 at the earliest.

Then at the closing date, they look at the number of season ticket renewals before making a decision on the best plan after receiving advice from the medical experts and the government etc.

Had a video chat with my long time West Ham mate who is a long time season ticket holder. WHUFC have today released season ticket details for next season and my mate has bought one the same price as last season. He had payment for the 5 matches post lockdown credited into his ticket account meaning he paid less for his season ticket than he did last summer. My mate and I are in agreement that it looks like that the home matches we cannot attend during the 2020-21 season (due to reduced capacity as reported in the papers) we will receive credit into our ticket account for the 2021-22 season ticket.

I do country membership at Wortley Golf club. Did until this. I will wait as not back in the UK for methinks a long time. Algarve is my future as UK a hotbed and down south in Portugal is pretty quiet for Covid. My view on the next 10 years anyway.😯 Life will not be the same but I can do my bit of life. Balaia golf course, fishing, beach at Oura and general living without fear of hotspots. I wanted this life and will enjoy.😎

Last edited:
Let’s not forget West Ham as stated have more seats, plus it’s a modern stadium with modern access, egress and toilets. Equally having walked through half of East London after last Autumn’s game, they have an Olympic Park to use for Covid lines, queues and distancing. Oh and they had some right cheap deals to get people to buy season tickets to try and get the punters in...punters they can’t afford to lose.

We however have a proper city centre ground with atmosphere and for Covid purposes many internal and external logistical challenges to overcome...

I believe the ST situation at West Ham is that existing ticket holders can renew at last season's prices minus the 5 games that were played after the lockdown. The cracker is that as the attendance may be regulated to conform to social distancing the holders go into a lottery which will decide who gets to attend! Apparently the unlucky ticket holders will have to go in the pisspoor stadium to watch the game.

I don't think I will pay for one if I can't get to matches. I've said numerous times that the tickets are affordable, and I applaud the club for this. But I can't afford to spend £350 on potentially nothing.

I'd like to think that this season the whole membership schemes are cancelled and it is solely loyalty points that are used for home games. Not membership plus loyalty points.

Non league clubs have to get a full risk assessment done and approved by the FA before they're allowed even 1 fan back, I assume we'd still be the same.

Each individual club will have it's own challenges with grounds.

Am expecting that we will soon get news about next season tickets. I havent checked the other PL clubs for their 2020-21 season ticket news.

It makes sense that the club will credit the payments to season ticket holders season ticket account for the matches they are forced to miss during the 2020-21 season tickets.

We were forced to miss the Spurs, Wolves, Chelsea and Everton home games so the money calculated from these games (4/19 of the season ticket you paid last summer) goes into your ticket account for the 2020-21 season ticket. Let's say you will be asked not to go to 6 of the 19 home games for next season then the payment for the 6 games you missed will go into your ticket account for the 2021/22 season ticket. This is what my mate and I think will happen.

I think that's the only sensible way to do it tbh. Although I am still hopeful that the government might come to their senses and abandon social distancing altogether, especially for outdoor events.

The club will have a closing date for the season ticket renewals. Wouldnt surprise me if they will not allow new applicants for the season tickets. I believe there will be a few who will not renew their season tickets until 2021-22 at the earliest.

Then at the closing date, they look at the number of season ticket renewals before making a decision on the best plan after receiving advice from the medical experts and the government etc.
No reason we cant sell tickets to all who want them.
Using the computerised system we can allow so many in in alternative games it's easy to block a ticket if ticket holders try to get in when it's not there turn.
The matches a fan cant see can be put right financially next season as we will do this one as we are owed for 4 matches.
Simples !!!.
A fair system as far as I can see.

Really cant see how it's going to be possible to sort all this mess out IF they really are thinking of only allowing reduced attendance with social distancing (it will be shit).
So are we saying that going to the football with either your mates or family members just isn't going to happen any time soon then (on the basis that be you wont be able to sit next to them . . . right?).
That's not how football works is it?! it's all about the match day experience and sharing the anxiety and excitement before, during and after the game surely?!
United score a last minute winner, you jump up and turn to grab / hug the person next to you and . . . . . . .
F**k me, if it comes to it, and it HAS to happen, I'll even wear a F**king mask for a few games if I really have to . . . . . . 1 in all in!!
COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIIIZZZAAARRRDDDSSS!!!!
And yes, I'll be crying like a bitch when that first chorus of Greasy Chip Butty belts out before kick off 1st game back.

My Norwich mate renewed his season ticket last February, my Chelsea mate renewed his late May/ early June

I think that's the only sensible way to do it tbh. Although I am still hopeful that the government might come to their senses and abandon social distancing altogether, especially for outdoor events.
Re abandoning social distancing .... Dream on pal no chance for at least another year

And yes, I'll be crying like a bitch when that first chorus of Greasy Chip Butty belts out before kick off 1st game back.
You and me both mate.

For all the ups and downs at the Lane I’ve never shed a tear, proper bloke, stiff upper lip and all that bollocks. But I start filling up just watching this.

I think there’s also a version on You Tube filmed by a Charlton fan from the BLLT that’s even better.

Not sure anyone will be seeing anything anytime soon in terms of attending with the recent spikes and new local lockdowns.

Even the trials for fans of sporting events like the Snooker and Cricket have just been abandoned according to BJ.

Sadly if they aren't letting a few hundred in then 10,000 fans is going to be a long, long time away.

It's a ridiculous jump from nothing to that in say 8 weeks.

I still think 21-22 for the return of fans but even that may need a vaccjne to curtail thibgs somewhat. I do worry what state sport/football would be in 12 months time as many clubs will go bust. I think lg1/2 may end up being part time and the cut off from the Prem to the rest is going to be huge.

Not sure anyone will be seeing anything anytime soon in terms of attending with the recent spikes and new local lockdowns.

Even the trials for fans of sporting events like the Snooker and Cricket have just been abandoned according to BJ.

Sadly if they aren't letting a few hundred in then 10,000 fans is going to be a long, long time away.

It's a ridiculous jump from nothing to that in say 8 weeks.

I still think 21-22 for the return of fans but even that may need a vaccjne to curtail thibgs somewhat. I do worry what state sport/football would be in 12 months time as many clubs will go bust. I think lg1/2 may end up being part time and the cut off from the Prem to the rest is going to be huge.
We all know that but this thread is about the probability of season ticket announcement from the club soon NOT about when we will be allowed back in the stadium.

We all know that it is possible that we may not be allowed back in the stadium for the whole of the 2020-21 season.

Please stay on topic.

Back
Top Bottom