(BBC) Premier League Signing of the Season - Dean Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grappler

Reaction score
"...
Top work from the 23-year-old, who was also nominated for the Young Player of the Year award, coming in third.

He just beat Danny Ings to this accolade, while Bruno Fernandes came third with 19% of the votes.

The only other player outside the top three to have at least 10% of the votes was Gabriel Martinelli, who joined Arsenal from Ituano for £6m.

1) Dean Henderson - Manchester United to Sheffield United on loan (25%)

2) Danny Ings - Liverpool to Southampton for £20m (22%)

3) Bruno Fernandes - Sporting Lisbon to Manchester United for £47m (19%)

..."

1588857692020.png

It's a bit of a cheat, since he'd signed before and was a known quantity at the club, but fuck it, an award is an award.

Is it just me or does anyone else have a bad feeling we won’t see him in a United shirt again?:(

Fernandes has been included in the team of the season and he’s only played 5 league games. He was always going to be voted in by Man Utd fans but there should have been s minimum games requirement.

Hendo barely has a save to make. Some matches he could sit there in an armchair and smoke a pipe.

The whole team effort in defending deserve credit.

Great keepr though

I don't think that's true. He usually has one big save to make in games, sometimes the save is unusually good and it has been a major factor. I thought similar to you, but there's a highlights reel of him from this season somewhere and it made me realise how good he has actually been
When you remember most of our points are built on 1 goal margins it tells you the importance of Henderson.

Put Henderson in goal instead of Moore against Man U and we win that game. We've needed a good goalkeeper this year.

If you have the Athletic there's a great recent article on our stats. Basically our defence has been slightly better than midtable, we've been slightly fortunate with bad finishing and great goalkeeping.

Hendo barely has a save to make. Some matches he could sit there in an armchair and smoke a pipe.

The whole team effort in defending deserve credit.

Great keepr though

Well that's not true.

Abraham vs Chelsea
Che vs Southampton
Salah Vs Liverpool (Yes he made the mistake after)
Xhaka vs Arsenal
Cantwell etc etc could go on

How are you coming to that conclusion? He's made numerous key stops throughout the season, some of them from almost certain goals, I can think of a few just recently vs Bournemouth and Norwich.

There have been maybe a couple of matches where we've dominated to the extent where he's not had much to do, Burnley and Villa at home for example. Most games though, we're usually under pressure at least for periods of the game and facing attempts at goal and crosses pumped into the box.

Hendo is hugely overrated. If I were Man U I'd get rid.

to all premier league scouts - he's shit, don't bother
Better make Youtube video of that mistake against Liverpool and the first goal V Chelsea

I love Dean Henderson but I think it is a bit much. If he had signed a 3 year contract with Sheffield United then it would be signing of the season. Its more like "Signing Of The Season" but he went back to Man Utd.

Personally do not think loan players should be included in this award. He was signing of the season for last season too.

How are you coming to that conclusion? He's made numerous key stops throughout the season, some of them from almost certain goals, I can think of a few just recently vs Bournemouth and Norwich.

There have been maybe a couple of matches where we've dominated to the extent where he's not had much to do, Burnley and Villa at home for example. Most games though, we're usually under pressure at least for periods of the game and facing attempts at goal and crosses pumped into the box.

I was trying to be sarcastic, although it doesn't cut through well on social media!

I'm sure I read a stat that showed he didn't make that many saves due to the way the defence played. Obviously when he does, they are normally game savers

Well that's not true.

Abraham vs Chelsea
Che vs Southampton
Salah Vs Liverpool (Yes he made the mistake after)
Xhaka vs Arsenal
Cantwell etc etc could go on

I think people mis understand the meaning of my post.

What I was trying to say was that actually during a game, he doesn't have that many saves to make (think there's an Opta stat about this). But obviously when he does make a save it is very important e.g. Norwich

People shouldn't forget that he's part of a very effective unit, and it's a combined effort to get all those clean sheets.

Better make Youtube video of that mistake against Liverpool and the first goal V Chelsea
That's my plan with a fake voiceover saying "and the youngster will be very disappointed with that....again"

I've got it all planned out

WUEDP?

To resurrect an underused phrase on S24SU lately

If you have the Athletic there's a great recent article on our stats. Basically our defence has been slightly better than midtable, we've been slightly fortunate with bad finishing and great goalkeeping.

We sort of are slightly better than midtable, though, aren't we? I mean, United Are the Greatest Football Team and all that notwithstanding... there's only 20 teams in the division, if midtable is 8th-12th then we've spent most of the season (pretty much all of it) just above that portion.

We sort of are slightly better than midtable, though, aren't we? I mean, United Are the Greatest Football Team and all that notwithstanding... there's only 20 teams in the division, if midtable is 8th-12th then we've spent most of the season (pretty much all of it) just above that portion.

Yes, but the perception, due to our goals conceded record, tends to be that we have an incredible defence. These stats tend to say its good but that we've had some luck and some great goalkeeping.

Ferdandes in third. Typical Man U fans.

£47m and he’s had time to play five games. Must be signing of the season because he’s got 2 goals so he’s going to go on to be the best player ever.

Back
Top Bottom