Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
Furious George should be in the starting XI with Bogle on the bench. Baldock has earned his starting place. I'm sure that's what CW is planning. Bogle will be an excellent addition in the long run. If we can kick on from last season that would be another fantastic achievement. I think PL will be even tougher this year.

Furious George should be in the starting XI with Bogle on the bench. Baldock has earned his starting place. I'm sure that's what CW is planning. Bogle will be an excellent addition in the long run. If we can kick on from last season that would be another fantastic achievement. I think PL will be even tougher this year.

If baldock had a bad patch Bogle should be in and visa versa. Get off his nuts pal

Baldock has earned his first team position over the seasons he's been with us but he's been in free fall since restart after lockdown. Even in the friendlies we've had he hasn't rekindled the form of earlier on last season and in Champ. Bogle will hopefully push him to find that form again. Wilder won't discredit Baldock and eliminate him to bench straightaway but as we've seen before he's also not adverse to replacing should form levels dip.

Think all the above comments make sense, and George will know that he now has genuine competition, so it can only be good for him and good for us. Maintaining standards is crucial, and although George strikes me as a thoroughly decent professional, it's where we are and it's what we need season after season.

Stopped at Furious George.

Everyone knows he's called Gorgeous George don't they??

IMO this will be another masterstroke by CW.

Genuine competition in the wing back spots will only strengthen us overall as George and Enda will know If they aren’t at the top of their game their place is under serious threat now where is wasn’t before.

It‘ll be a bit like with Fleck and Freeman. Freeman didn’t put a foot wrong when Fleck wasn’t injured early on last season so when Fleck came back in he knew he had to be 100% or was at risk of losing his place.

We already have a manager and an assistant manager, but I’m sure to let them know your opinion.

Play them both, overlapping, overlapping, overlapping , new innovative formation that teams will figure out, just like they were going to 4 years ago........ still waiting

It is completely unreasonable to expect that Baldock and Stevens will replicate their magnificent, consistent,performances over another premier league campaign,without some help.It maybe that they will,but i think Wilder knows that we ‘got away’ with it last season and that the cracks started to show after the Covid break,the new arrivals will give us a chance to keep everyone fresh and fit for another difficult premier league season.

Could Bogle be a bigger threat to Basham?

As has already been said, no. I'd like to add to that, no, no and doubly no.

He's looked at bit vulnerable defensively as a RB. Wing back should really suit him, he's much better on the ball than off it and isn't particularly tall.

Last year over the summer break I remember seeing on Baldocks Instagram how much extra work he was putting in to be ready for the season. I have no doubt he will be even more up for it knowing he has some competition. Expecting him to come back even fitter and hopefully he's been working on his crosses and finishing. First blade in my Fantasy football team this year.

Back
Top Bottom