CONFIRMED Anel Ahmedhodžić signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

May I remind people, that the official transfer window only opens on the 1st July.

We're obviously waiting until then to announce signings as we like to do stuff the "proper" way. :rolleyes:

What Gyp the blade seems to be ignoring, is if the Prince puts money in out of his own pocket, he'll expect it back at some point, this is where clubs end up in debt that cripples them for years. The club have talked for years (since McCabe) about running things sustainably. That means not spending money that the club hasn't got. Forget what the owners have, the second they start putting money in 'out of their own pocket' we're spending beyond our means.

I just don't get why people don't get this, particularly when we have a shining example across the city that we constantly tale the piss out of for exactly this point.

Cos people are fucking daft?
What Gyp the blade seems to be ignoring, is if the Prince puts money in out of his own pocket, he'll expect it back at some point, this is where clubs end up in debt that cripples them for years. The club have talked for years (since McCabe) about running things sustainably. That means not spending money that the club hasn't got. Forget what the owners have, the second they start putting money in 'out of their own pocket' we're spending beyond our means.

I just don't get why people don't get this, particularly when we have a shining example across the city that we constantly tale the piss out of for exactly this point.

Why do we always go for difficult transfers.... I wonder if its so the board said we tried 🤔
I wouldn’t say it’s difficult. Once tomorrow is done and they don’t take up the option then it’s up to us to move… still early days in the window.

Probably
"We tried, but unfortunately we couldn't match what a French third division team offered him
We signed him and sent him straight to Le Shithouseroll on a 4 year loan deal.

This is cobblers.
Every business borrows money at some stage, it’s the balance sheet at the end of the year what counts.
This level of thinking would mean saving up to buy a house cash….or in United case saving up the money to buy a player.
What we are effectively saying is that if we ever got promoted with this owner again we wi t be buying any players until we have the money in the bank to afford it as money arrives at the end not at the start of the season.

I’m all for the club operating within its means. But borrowing money isn’t a problem providing you can afford to pay it back.
So a loan to the club to get players in NOW to enable the manager to have a successful start to the season makes more sense financially than missing out in the players we need and torpedoing our chances of promotion like we did last season.
Problem is he can’t afford to do it. And that’s where we are in trouble. So it’s nothing to do with operating within our means it’s because he has no money to put in til he sells a player.

This is cobblers.
Every business borrows money at some stage, it’s the balance sheet at the end of the year what counts.
This level of thinking would mean saving up to buy a house cash….or in United case saving up the money to buy a player.
What we are effectively saying is that if we ever got promoted with this owner again we wi t be buying any players until we have the money in the bank to afford it as money arrives at the end not at the start of the season.

I’m all for the club operating within its means. But borrowing money isn’t a problem providing you can afford to pay it back.
So a loan to the club to get players in NOW to enable the manager to have a successful start to the season makes more sense financially than missing out in the players we need and torpedoing our chances of promotion like we did last season.
Problem is he can’t afford to do it. And that’s where we are in trouble. So it’s nothing to do with operating within our means it’s because he has no money to put in til he sells a player.
I don't think that's what Westran was saying. I think they were saying unless the Prince gives us money (e.g. writes off loans, like a billionaire might) then we're on the hook for all our spending.

Big spending typically tends to be funded by billionaires who won't want any of it back as it's their play thing.

This is cobblers.

You’ve missed his point entirely. The club does borrow money to help facilitate its business, see the loans from Macquarie as examples. The point he was making was that if an owner pumps money in over a sustained period, they’re generally doing so with an expectation that they will at least partially recover their investment when the club starts to generate its own funds (player sales, promotion etc). Even Big Blade McCabe did this, albeit he took control of the club’s assets as consideration for his ‘generosity’ (and look where that’s left us).

He's not wearing shoes. This is like the abbey road cover art and it means he's actually dead.

Bordeaux's appeal against being relegated further down to the third tier will be heard on 5 July. As they've already been relegated to the second tier on performance there shouldn't be a deadline for the buy option to extend beyond to-day. The club can't hang around any longer other targets are being snapped up.

This has the makings of another Verrips situation where we register a player then can't play him because of an appeal to FIFA. Seems the bigger clubs are just waiting for the appeal outcome before they place their bids. We should move on if the deal can't be sealed in the next few days. I suspect we won't and this will drift as will our inactivity.

Bordeaux's appeal against being relegated further down to the third tier will be heard on 5 July. As they've already been relegated to the second tier on performance there shouldn't be a deadline for the buy option to extend beyond to-day. The club can't hang around any longer other targets are being snapped up.

This has the makings of another Verrips situation where we register a player then can't play him because of an appeal to FIFA. Seems the bigger clubs are just waiting for the appeal outcome before they place their bids. We should move on if the deal can't be sealed in the next few days. I suspect we won't and this will drift as will our inactivity.
If the deadline to sign for Bordeaux was today then ,he's not bound by any appeal about relegation,
two separate issues

How are we affording £3m?
Also, if we’ve got £3m why the fuck are we buying a centre half when we’ve just lost the best attacking midfielder in the division?
The one thing we do need is a centre half ,yes we need a middy as well ,I'd say let's wait and see what unfolds ,think York blade mentioned a midfielder yesterday

The one thing we do need is a centre half ,yes we need a middy as well ,I'd say let's wait and see what unfolds ,think York blade mentioned a midfielder yesterday
We do, but it's not as pressing as a MGW replacement. How many points did he win us on his own last season? We aren't getting anyone half as good but we need someone like him at least.

Imagine thinking you can get one of those for £3m 🤣
Imagine thinking that's what I meant.

The L1 POTY Scott Twine went for £4m?
It's not about getting a replacement for MGW who's as good as him, that's impossible given the budget, but we need someone who occupies his position(s)

Ben Wiles would be a decent pick up for circa £1mil.
Josh Bowler is somehow still at Blackpool, why no test the waters there?

May I remind people, that the official transfer window only opens on the 1st July.

We're obviously waiting until then to announce signings as we like to do stuff the "proper" way. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the reminder. However, the transfer window shuts after we have played six (6) games! and therefore we do need to be doing business sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom