Gone Elsewhere Alfie Mawson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Birmingham, us, Barnsley all in talks with this guy according to reliable Alan Nixon. CB from Brentford. Released as he didn't sign the new contract offered to him.

Would be a decent signing IMO (if another, more experienced CB were also recruited).

However it may be a challenge to convince him to join given that Champ clubs are also expressing an interest and would therefore, I assume, make a more lucrative offer than we'd be able to.

That said, considering his only league experience is in L2, a step-up to (hopefully the top-end of) L1 would as his next career move would make logical sense and almost certainly result in him getting more game time next season.

Lee Johnson says he has spoken to his representatives but so have 8 or 9 other clubs.

Admitally til about 10mins ago when I saw some dingles crowing about some kind of victory. I didnt have 1st clue who alfie mawson was. So done some research, cant say im too devastated too much of a risk in 3 seasons he never played for Brentford instead 22 on loan in non league then last yr was his 1st yr of league football at Wycombe. Might be wrong but cant see where from that makes people think he's a top end L1 defender

I think we need some top class cover at centre half and this lad fits the bill.

Hes the right size, right age and has good experience. Hes left footed so would provide cover and competition for JOC. He wouldnt be cheap but is the sort of player we should be looking to sign

He cost Fulham £20m last summer, he's actually right footed but is comfortable on his left. We won't be spending that kind of money on a backup defender.

He cost Fulham £20m last summer, he's actually right footed but is comfortable on his left. We won't be spending that kind of money on a backup defender.

Oooh look...is this the first “we won’t be spending that kind of money” of the JTW?

I think we need some top class cover at centre half and this lad fits the bill.

Hes the right size, right age and has good experience. Hes left footed so would provide cover and competition for JOC. He wouldnt be cheap but is the sort of player we should be looking to sign
My Swansea mate says he makes too many mistakes

Fulham having cash and being around the playoffs would mean an outlay of approaching 30m IMO.

Is that Lenihan kid at Blackburn a right footer if so I think we might nip in for him in January?

Wilder's definitely a fan and he certainly fits the profile but not sure how much he'd cost for what is essentially going to be a backup player for at least a season?

Likewise Rodon at Swansea looks prime as a long term Bash replacement but the last rumours were that he would be about £12 million. That's a hell of a lot to splash for a potential replacement.

He got called up to the England Squad last year but what does Southgate know?
Phil Jones has 27 caps!! I would put Mawson in England squad over him. I am not saying he’s not a good option but I am not sure he’s any better than we have.

Back
Top Bottom