Adkins - should he be sacked?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After a season of abject failure should Adkins be sacked?

• Total voters

SUFC Handsworth

Wings of a sparrow
Reaction score
After a season of abject failure, arguably the 2nd worse in the club's history, should Adkins be sacked?

He won't be sacked.

But I would love to be a fly on the wall at the end of season board meeting to hear his explanation of how the club with the biggest pay roll (or 2nd) never really threatened the play offs all season.

Be curious if he has the balls to tell the board "its my way or the highway" ;)

UTB

Yes.

He has lost the confidence of too many people and he won't be given time to build next season. Better to do it now than November.

He shouldn't be sacked. But he probably will be.

I don't think he will be but his tactics and signings have baffled me.

I think he should go but am happy for him to have another attempt...I think...I need a drink!

Why put up a poll after you told us that Wilder is coming to us?

Well hopefully fingers crossed. Got the information from what I'd class as a fairly reliable source ie a League 1 player from Sheffield and his agent who has good links to the city. Football being football nowt is definite until they've signed on the dotted lines.

As for the poll, I want Adkins out for what I believe is the betterment of SUFC and I'd be interested to see how other Blades feel on the matter. After we missed out in the play-offs last season Bladesmad (a site I consider to be more 'slasher' than 'clapper'; I consider S24SU to be the other way round) ran a similar poll on Clough (i wasn't a massive Clough fan but felt he deserved another season due to him having points in the bank from the cup semis) that gave the then manager a backing of about 2/3s to 1/3 wanting him out. I'd be interested to see the mood of the fans 12 months on.

Well hopefully fingers crossed. Got the information from what I'd class as a fairly reliable source ie a League 1 player from Sheffield and his agent who has good links to the city.
You must have met Sunjihi !

If this doesnt happen then I will see who are the players that have agreed to come to us. If they dont improve us next season then it is a new manager for me before January 2017 so that he can sign players on pre-contracts ready for Summer 2017.

I think due to the hated transfer windows the best time to change managers nowadays is before the New Year

I don't know and I don't fucking care to be honest. My garden's looking fucking spiffing since I stopped going to the Lane and started spending the money on more worthwhile things.

Did you buy some decking?

No he shouldn't. He should be given the budget to get the job done next season. Although, I'm worried with this current talking up of the academy that he's going to have to rely too much on that.
While the academy seems to have made great progress this year, it is still a huge leap from first team football and can't relied upon for 50% of the team.

i've been one way or the other for a while now but my recent position was give him until Christmas but we better be top. however since then a small window of opportunity opened for us to at least get in the playoffs. and what happened. fuck all. they only had to turn up for four games the wankers and they couldn't even do that apart from Billy. we were absolutely flat last week for such an important game. it was pathetic.
and he still comes out with this patronising manager speak crap.. positive .. endeavour. funny how he goes on about endeavour because there is ZERO of it. so yeah he can go for me and take Hammond and Sammon with him

I voted no...but he has to see that Hammond is not part of the solution. Spend any money wisely!!!!
We have to have a balance of youth and experience most of the academy players coming through are not ready for regular 1st team football so Adkins will have to dip into the transfer market to find a number of players if the expected cull takes place .Big changers must happen surely as the present squad has let him down .If Adkins values his job he will know by now who he wants to keep and who to let go,there maybe a few surprises.
The academy will play a bigger roll but experience is vital ( hungry players but not ones on the way down as we have been doing ) as young players need
Support ..Signing Hammond goes against what I have just said but if Adkins signs him we have to back him,most managers have a chief who uderstands
What the manager wants.It's Adkins job to lose so as I have said before give him chance to put his team together and see where it takes us.He's under pressure next season .Surely that's better than sacking another putting us in a similar position to 12 months ago, I for one don't want that.

Unless C
Why put up a poll after you told us that Wilder is coming to us?

Chris Wilder is absolutely NOT coming to BDTBL and he wouldn't while the current hierarchy rules the club, unless he's a liar, in which case he'd be perfect (but I don't think he was lying).

I think the more pertinent question would be : should he resign to salvage his reputation. Anybody that went to the fans forums will know why

Unless C

Chris Wilder is absolutely NOT coming to BDTBL and he wouldn't while the current hierarchy rules the club, unless he's a liar, in which case he'd be perfect (but I don't think he was lying).
Interesting. Not doubting you, do you think Sunjihi is bullshitting?

If there was/is a better option than i would snatch your hand off,but im not sure we would gain any ground with another journeyman.
Honestly can't see how in another few months things will miraculously change in his management style,so unless he has some magical manager powder i reckon its as you were.
His summer activities are undoubtedly going to decide his future.
I dont want to get to a point where we are accepting top 6 (play offs)as success.

As has been said elsewhere (apologies to the poster who first wrote this, my memory is poor at times), sacking managers in quick succession has served us ever so well, so why change a tradition that has been spectacularly successful?

Back
Top Bottom