CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree re Schmeichel, just thought it an odd point to make that we shouldn't accept anything less than 30m because a good keeper can make the difference between success and failure and in his last two seasons the teams he's played for have failed.
Well, it can? Look at us with George Long and then with Moore? It's not rocket science.
A good keeper can turn 0-1 defeats into 0-0 draws and 1-1 draws into 1-0 wins.
The Ramsdale we saw towards the back end of the year was totally different to the unconfident Ramdale we saw at the beginning. Hence the POTY award.

I wouldn't expect Ramsdale to turn down the chance to move back to the PL. Especially if it's somewere like Spurs. If he backs himself as a future contender for England N1 then he will need to move to a bigger PL club.

Hopefully if he does leave then it will be for a good fee and we can draft in an experienced replacement to fight it out with Verrips for the N1 shirt.

Fuck Spurs. They’re after a bargain. This is what they do. They think we need to raise money and they’re trying to leverage that to get a player on the cheap. Read up on Grealish and how they tried to shithouse Villa.
Yep it’s all very Levy I would hope there’s enough people who remember the Walker fiasco and the commitment never to do business with Levy again.

I agree with what you're saying S64.
IF, we were to sell we need to have some clubs keck's down, add ons an all.
Veripps, let's face it is an unknown talent, few have seen enough to make a judgement. But I'm happy to see how he develops.
Having said that I think Slav will have a bookfull of foreign keepers names should the need arise.
foreign keepers that qualify for a work permit?

Life aint as simple as it used to be ;)

Well, it can? Look at us with George Long and then with Moore? It's not rocket science.
A good keeper can turn 0-1 defeats into 0-0 draws and 1-1 draws into 1-0 wins.
The Ramsdale we saw towards the back end of the year was totally different to the unconfident Ramdale we saw at the beginning. Hence the POTY award.
No, it's not rocket science. I agree a good keeper can be the difference between success and failure, it's just odd that you reference Ramsdale to make this point given he's been relegated in his last two seasons.

He did play well second half of the season. He also played terribly in the first half it. Hopefully that's behind him but is it certain enough for a club to pay 30m? I'd doubt that very much. Time will tell.

Yep it’s all very Levy I would hope there’s enough people who remember the Walker fiasco and the commitment never to do business with Levy again.
Presume Levy appears within the first few chapters of the twats thread! Haven't Spurs got Lloris though so Rammers would just be warming the bench anyway?

For the record I'm not saying Rammers is 'worth' £40m....

Feel like it's been done to death, but the notion of value equating to ability is just nonsense.

"So by claiming that Ramsdale is worth £40m, you're saying he's closer to Alisson's level than he is to Mendy/Martinez"

This is literally not how transfer fees work, and i dont think anyone with a basic understanding of football would seriously suggest this.

Transfer fees are purely commercial and have no baring on a players ability. They are mixture of numerous situational factors.

• Financial Situation at both clubs
  • Footballing situation at both clubs
  • Contract length
  • Age of player & resale value
  • Potential
  • Nationality of player
  • Alternatives / other options
  • Timing of signing
  • Wages etc etc etc etc

If we dont 'need' to sell, we inflate our asking price to a level where we believe we are better off with the money over the player. If this is 40m then so be it.
If a team thinks that having Rammers between the sticks is better than 40m in the bank they pay it.
I agree that all those points are involved in determining transfer fees and it’s ridiculous to try to draw direct comparisons but ability does come into it. That’s the start; if a PL club makes a bid, they are effectively saying they believe that player is either good enough for the PL, or has the potential to be. Then, all the other factors come into play. The alternatives can be a very important factor and can often lead to clubs paying a premium, where there isn’t an alternative. Like Maguire going to Man U, they overpaid because they couldn’t find anyone else available who they thought was as good and they desperately needed to strengthen.
Another big factor is how many clubs are interested. If it was just Spurs, and Ramsdale wanted to move, they’re in the driving seat to an extent. If there are three clubs, it’s effectively an auction.

I think Norwich were quite smart with Buendia. They set a price and told him that’s what they wanted and they weren’t going to budge. It seems they also convinced him that if he stayed and helped them go up, his price would be met and they’d let him go for that, even if he was arguably worth even more. I think, generally, established players are more receptive to this, they’re already on decent money and tend to believe they’ll be plenty of opportunities if the just continue to play well. It’s harder with young players as they’ve earned very little and see it as their big chance to become rich and successful. Unless a club can offer them a hugely improved contract, it’s difficult to keep them. A club doesn’t want to get a reputation for holding their young players back, or they become a less attractive option at youth level. The fact we can point to all the PL players who’ve come through our academy is a selling point for young players deciding which academy to chose.

Rammers seems fairly happy to be with us, will have earned a reasonable amount by now and will be on decent, but not spectacular, money. I think we could probably talk him into staying for a season and trying to get us up, on the basis that if we don’t go up, we’ll listen to reasonable offers. The big question for us is how much do we need to raise and can we raise it by selling other players?
I’d like us to keep him if we can, if only because if we don’t go up, we might need to sell to finance next season’s campaign. And he’s a good keeper, I doubt there’ll be a better one in the championship and having a good keeper is important.

Presume Levy appears within the first few chapters of the twats thread! Haven't Spurs got Lloris though so Rammers would just be warming the bench anyway?
He’s a bellend of biblical proportions. Lloris probably coming to the end of his time as an elite goalkeeper in the next few years and they released gazzaniga this summer so there’s room for a young up and coming successor to Lloris but if they’re trying to do that on the cheap move along because those days are hopefully behind us.

foreign keepers that qualify for a work permit?

Life aint as simple as it used to be ;)
Yep I'm happy to accept that, also if that's the case it can only work to our advantage in pushing up Rammers fee, should we be prepared to sell that is.

I would love to keep hold of him, but I understand if someone comes in with a good offer he will be off. We would be daft to turn good money down for any player really.

Reactions: HVR
All I was trying to say was if someone is offering us silly money, we should take it. If not, we've got a good keeper for the foreseeable future. Not sure why that's controversial or where the downside to that approach is.
My mistake, I thought you said...

"I wouldn't accept any less than that"

...meaning that you wouldn't sell him for £20m/£25m/£30m/£35m!

As I say, my mistake, no offence meant ⚔

I wouldn't expect Ramsdale to turn down the chance to move back to the PL. Especially if it's somewere like Spurs. If he backs himself as a future contender for England N1 then he will need to move to a bigger PL club.

Hopefully if he does leave then it will be for a good fee and we can draft in an experienced replacement to fight it out with Verrips for the N1 shirt.
Why would he need to move to a so called "bigger club" surely if your good enough it doesn't matter who you play for 🤔

If Spurs were to put an offer in for Ramsdale and Utd accept offer have Spurs got any youngster/reserve players who Utd could consider to take as part of deal or on loan for season

If Spurs were to put an offer in for Ramsdale and Utd accept offer have Spurs got any youngster/reserve players who Utd could consider to take as part of deal or on loan for season
Only one I'd be interested in would be Oliver Skipp but think they'll loan him back to Norwich again this season and get him some Premier league experience.

I for one hope we don’t sell him but unfortunately every player has his price , if an offer to good to turn down comes in we could do worse than Matt Ryan from Brighton, year left on contract and they want rid !
As ever UTB !

The Turkish keeper we were linked to before Rammers came back is playing tonight, wonder if we were interested or the newspaper articles were a PR exercise

I for one hope we don’t sell him but unfortunately every player has his price , if an offer to good to turn down comes in we could do worse than Matt Ryan from Brighton, year left on contract and they want rid !
As ever UTB !
That assumes that the player agrees to go !

I think Rip van winkle and co were interested but Wilder insisted on Ramsdale.

Back
Top Bottom