CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It tells you from the shots faced how many he realistically should have saved. Given the shit storm he had in front of him, supposedly protecting him, it’s a fairer comparison than just looking at goals conceded.
'Realistically should have saved' is so subjective that any attempt at applying science off the back of it is completely flawed.

'Realistically should have saved' is so subjective that any attempt at applying science off the back of it is completely flawed.
Subjective in that it’s against a set criteria that all keepers are judged against fairly. It’s a standard but all standards could be argued as being subjective because it’s all ultimately based on an opinion. At least these types have the same standard applied to all so they’re comparable.

Being a GK it's not the nicest of jobs, if a striker misses a chance he get another go, but if a GK makes mistake ball is in net it's a special kind of somebody to be a GK.

Subjective in that it’s against a set criteria that all keepers are judged against fairly. It’s a standard but all standards could be argued as being subjective because it’s all ultimately based on an opinion. At least these types have the same standard applied to all so they’re comparable.
It's probably as good as they can do, if such a comparison is required, and the criteria they are judged against might be the same, but every shot, every scenario, every game situation is different, so it's not scientific and for me doesn't mean a great deal.

We make a nice profit on him and you’d have to consider it… but would be a shame after how he has improved over the last year.

The Daily Mail has claimed that both Tottenham and Wolves are keen on signing Sheffield United stopper, Aaron Ramsdale.

Ramsdale was one of the few to emerge from the Blades’ nightmare season with some credit. After enduring a difficult opening few months, the England under-21 regular turned things around.

We make a nice profit on him and you’d have to consider it… but would be a shame after how he has improved over the last year.

Mixed feelings here. He’s shown enough this last half of the season to show he is a good GK

The thing is, you can have ten superstars out on the pitch, but if you have a shit GK you’re fked.

For that reason he’s one I would keep.
There’s half a dozen other players I would see leave before Ramsdale

Dont want the lad to go, but every player has his price. In Ramsdales case it should be a very steep one as the lad could be out keeper for a decade plus (and a top class one at that).

They want him... make them pay a Kings ransom for him, they can afford it.

I’d sell him if we can get our money back. We can get someone just as good if not better for less money. Less potential and we won’t get a decade out of them, but neither of those things are guaranteed with Rammers either.

He has some real weaknesses too.

I’d sell him if we can get our money back. We can get someone just as good if not better for less money. Less potential and we won’t get a decade out of them, but neither of those things are guaranteed with Rammers either.

Freddie woodman

I suspect the apparent lack of interest in our Norwegian makes a sale of the many- suitored Rammers more likely now.

I agree. He went from not being able to catch the ball to pulling off some outstanding saves. If we got £20m for him I'd sell. Whilst he has improved he still doesn't command his box, is weak when coming over players to claim the ball and his kicking usually results in a throw in to the opposition. I think £10m buys you a very capable keeper for the championship. That said, if we keep him we've got a good keeper for the championship in him.

If 2 PL clubs want him it's gotta be £40m or get lost. With £40m we buy a decent enough GK for promotion + the MF we sorely lack.
Completely agree with this. I would hate to see him go, but somewhere around the £40m mark would potentially mean we can sort the midfield out. Perhaps we could even give Verrips a go in the onion bag.

I agree. He went from not being able to catch the ball to pulling off some outstanding saves. If we got £20m for him I'd sell. Whilst he has improved he still doesn't command his box, is weak when coming over players to claim the ball and his kicking usually results in a throw in to the opposition. I think £10m buys you a very capable keeper for the championship. That said, if we keep him we've got a good keeper for the championship in him.
If I could like this twice I would!

The lad was on the verge of going to the Euros with England and was probably the in-form English goalkeeper at the end of the season. We really need to be setting our sights a bit higher than this.
It was madness that he was in the England squad. He pulls off some really good saves, but he’s a long, long way from being a top keeper. The best keepers don’t need to make half of those saves because yes they play with better defenders, but they manage their box better, don’t spill the ball and position themselves correctly.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind keeping him. But he can’t catch, can’t manage the box and is terrible at coming off his line.

We can get a better short term keeper and another player if we get £20m for him.

Completely agree with this. I would hate to see him go, but somewhere around the £40m mark would potentially mean we can sort the midfield out. Perhaps we could even give Verrips a go in the onion bag.
Screenshot_20210611-013805_Chrome.jpg

Looking at the stats for the 3 keepers that Emmen used last season, including Verrips, it's easy to see how much of a difference he made to their defence and their team overall. They hadn't won a game until he turned up!

If Rammers is sold, and we can get more than our money back (£20m at least), then I'd be happy to see Verrips given a go

It was madness that he was in the England squad. He pulls off some really good saves, but he’s a long, long way from being a top keeper. The best keepers don’t need to make half of those saves because yes they play with better defenders, but they manage their box better, don’t spill the ball and position themselves correctly.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind keeping him. But he can’t catch, can’t manage the box and is terrible at coming off his line.

We can get a better short term keeper and another player if we get £20m for him.

How many of the good saves that he made were as a result of him spilling the ball or positioning himself incorrectly? I’d say very few. I’d even go as far as to say he was only able to make the saves because of how he’d positioned himself.

I’m not sure where you even get the idea from that he can’t catch and is terrible at coming of his line. Yes he started off a little poorly but in the final two 3rds of the season he was very good even with a poor defence in front of him. Catching the ball even seemed to be one of his major strengths.

View attachment 114781

Looking at the stats for the 3 keepers that Emmen used last season, including Verrips, it's easy to see how much of a difference he made to their defence and their team overall. They hadn't won a game until he turned up!

If Rammers is sold, and we can get more than our money back (£20m at least), then I'd be happy to see Verrips given a go
How about we keep both

We should only contemplate selling Rammers if it was a silly big offer put in for him. Otherwise he should be our number 1 for many many years.

He's a terrific prospect, has a great attitude, genuinely loves the club and will only get better. I'd be gutted if he was sold.

We should only contemplate selling Rammers if it was a silly big offer put in for him. Otherwise he should be our number 1 for many many years.

He's a terrific prospect, has a great attitude, genuinely loves the club and will only get better. I'd be gutted if he was sold.
Agreed I think he’d be the one that would sting the most if he left this summer.

Would be hugely annoying if he goes. If we did get promotion then we'd be looking for a bloomin' keeper again next year. That being said, assume it's gonna be over £20m...what do Slav and the boys think they'll be able to bring in for that.

I do think Verrips is a very good keeper too based purely on internet stats.

£25m upfront. £5m add on when he makes his first International appearance. £2m if they qualify for Europe within first 2 years of him going there. 10% sell on of any future profit.

Or they can fuck right off

Back
Top Bottom