CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some of the story here

Attachments

• E4D61FD4-3B72-4BBC-A22E-925EE0CC6793.jpeg
    E4D61FD4-3B72-4BBC-A22E-925EE0CC6793.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 156
Not sure how good Eastwood and Dewhurst are.

But i have heard good things and if considered good enough and we were to make a profit plus sell on for Ramsdale I would let him go.

It would be daft to let him go. We’ve invested a lot of money in him and I don’t think we’d recoup it after this season despite his decent form recently.

Not sure how good Eastwood and Dewhurst are.

But i have heard good things and if considered good enough and we were to make a profit plus sell on for Ramsdale I would let him go.
Eastwood is done at United he needs to go and forge his own career in the game now. Dewhurst is good with England recognition but has holes in his game and hasn’t managed to force his way into the league 2 sides he’s been on loan to he’s nowhere near championship standard yet.

If we made a profit on Ramsdale it would free up cash / wages to spend elsewhere on the team
I know we would have to sign another keeper as Moore and Foderingham are not up to the job and not forgetting the forgotten man the enigma that is Verrips

This would be a very very bad move from United it would mean we’d persisted with him in order to develop him without reaping any of the future benefits it would make it akin to a loan deal.
If we could recoup our fee, we should snatch their hands off.

What’s most representative of Ramsdale, the last month, or the bulk of the season?

He’s done really well lately, but on overall balance it looks like we’ve enormously overpaid.

For a few million quid, we could get a very good championship keeper with fewer doubts than we will have over Ramsdale next season. And ease our financial burden by about £10million.

Last edited:
Money back with a sell on and I’d be interested. If we’re going to have to sell players I’d rather move Ramsdale on than say JOC/Berge/Fleck. I haven’t seen enough in AR to think he will become a top keeper

If we could recoup our fee, we should snatch their hands off.

What’s most representative of Ramsdale, the last month, or the bulk of the season?

He’s done really well lately, but on overall balance it looks like we’ve enormously overpaid.

For few million quid, we could get a very good championship keeper with fewer doubts than we will have over Ramsdale next season. And ease our financial burden by about £10million.
I understand your point of view but the whole purpose of buying ramsdale was as a long term investment buying young gives you the chance to get and develop a player you couldn’t afford in their prime or sell them on at peak value. This off season won’t represent ramsdale a peak value and that my issue in moving him on.

I understand your point of view but the whole purpose of buying ramsdale was as a long term investment buying young gives you the chance to get and develop a player you couldn’t afford in their prime or sell them on at peak value. This off season won’t represent ramsdale a peak value and that my issue in moving him on.
Agreed - however, I did start with “if we could recoup our fee”.

There’s some inevitable big player sales coming up - so we’ve got to decide where, and how easily the hole can be plugged.

Number one sale would be Berge, for me.

Depends: make a profit or recoup the fee I'd do the deal. I'd much rather sell a 'keeper than a key outfield player. Anybody sniffing with low ball figures for any of our players should be given a fuck off tablet.

There’s some inevitable big player sales coming up - so we’ve got to decide where, and how easily the hole can be plugged.

That true although I’m not sure we would right not knocking him as a player but his bottom line stats won’t be great at seasons end.

They don’t have to be inevitable though.

We have parachute payments and we won’t be going down with a big wage bill.

I’d be doing everything in my power to convince Berge to stay another season, if I was making decisions at the club.

Money back with a sell on and I’d be interested. If we’re going to have to sell players I’d rather move Ramsdale on than say JOC/Berge/Fleck. I haven’t seen enough in AR to think he will become a top keeper
Not to hijack the Ramsdale thread but why do people want to keep Fleck? If a decent offer comes in - goodbye. The consistency is just not there with him. Jimmy plays 70% of the games.

Back to Ramsdale - i think it depends on what funds the Prince makes available to CWAK next year. We need a total overhaul to our midfield, as well as add a defender or two. I cant see the Prince making those funds available to bring in those players without selling a Ramsdale/Berge. If i had to chose between the two... Ramsdale would be the one i would sell.

They don’t have to be inevitable though.

We have parachute payments and we won’t be going down with a big wage bill.

I’d be doing everything in my power to convince Berge to stay another season, if I was making decisions at the club.
Our wage bill will be enormous for the championship, and the parachute payments will be swallowed up in no time if we don’t adjust.

From our current squad, I’ve seen far and away our best performances from a midfield that didn’t contain Berge. That’s a free hit for me.

Would be an odd situation. But if we can break even we have to take it IMO. Means we could be more confident in keeping important outfield players. Then use available funds to get an experienced champ keeper and a young prospect from a foreign league to compete for Number 1 shirt for a fraction of the price. Then use the majority of the budget on major creative signings and defensive competition.

Our wage bill will be enormous for the championship, and the parachute payments will be swallowed up in no time if we don’t adjust.

From our current squad, I’ve seen far and away our best performances from a midfield that didn’t contain Berge. That’s a free hit for me.

I really don’t think it will be. We (famously) don’t pay big wages. The players will also have relegation decrease clauses in their contracts.

It’ll be on the bigger side, but by no means ‘enormous’ to the point we need a fire-sale.

I’d be surprised if this is true tbh as everyone knows he has had a difficult/very mixed start - albeit very good last night.

All our recent contracts have relegation clauses in them, we will be top ten championship budget

All our recent contracts have relegation clauses in them, we will be top ten championship budget
We will, which will probably mean us losing £20m a season after parachute payments. So sales will need to be made, in my opinion.

We can make them in a a structured way to command fees and enable restructuring, or risk watching players walk for free in a year or two’s time.

Given the season we’re having and the absolute gash we’re seeing week in, week out, I’d be happy to see most of the squad sold and replaced by a more balanced set of players. I think I’d want to keep Bash, JOC, Bogle, Didsy and Sharp and that’s about it.

England U21 keeper and some want their money back from a premier league team desperate for young blood? F#ck my life. Would love to play poker against some of the muppets on here.
So you’d rate him a higher value than we paid for him!

I’d love to play anything involving money with you! 😂

Whilst watching Everton v Southampton I’m struck by the thought that young players seem to be able to improve and that if PA and KM had given Wilder more financial backing instead of trying to fuck each other over our front line could have been DCL and JEC.

Ramsdale started off poor and got worse but now is getting better I think we’ve probably seen the worst and I’d love to now keep him but if a premier league club comes in for him chances are he’ll go anyway a player given the choice of playing in the Championship for a wage drop or Top league with most likely a wage increase and a signing on fee what would you choose?

Back
Top Bottom