CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not how it works
Well it is, to a point.

All financial markets are based on the comparative values of other assets within the same market.

Obviously football is a market unlike many others but, in my opinion, the fundamental principles of a capitalist market still hold true.

You only have to look at the knock-on effect caused by deals like Rio Ferdinand, Pogba, Walker, Maguire etc...all huge money fees and changed the market.

Do you really think Kepa would have cost £70m+ if it hadn't been for Liverpool paying £60m+ for Alisson?

Or that Southampton would have got so much for Van Dijk if it hadn't been for Man U paying silly money for Maguire?

There are always exceptions to the rule. However I feel that when buying sought-after players, just as when buying any sought-after asset, you have to pay the market rate.

I just struggle to see how people can think Ramsdale is worth more than two of the best keepers in the league, or even (as an alternative example) Ollie Watkins.

Both English, both young, both involved on the fringes of the England set up...however one is a consistent goalscorer at every level he's played at and the other is a keeper who's seen two relegations in consecutive seasons, and had a couple of good spells during those seasons - as well as a couple of absolutely terrible ones.

I still say £20m+ and we'd be mad to say no. We've got a ready made replacement in Verrips, he's plenty good enough for the Championship!

Meanwhile, rumours at Old Trafford is that they may be cashing in on Henderson due to his odd mistakes and apparent attitude problems. If this is the case then I can see Spurs going in for him. Sadly, as we're now a division below, we're out of the equation for a possible return. At least it may prevent Spurs sniffing around for Rammers.

Meanwhile, rumours at Old Trafford is that they may be cashing in on Henderson due to his odd mistakes and apparent attitude problems. If this is the case then I can see Spurs going in for him. Sadly, as we're now a division below, we're out of the equation for a possible return. At least it may prevent Spurs sniffing around for Rammers.
Henderson is a great GK no mistake, but he does have a head on him that goes to the point of arrogance.

Well it is, to a point.

All financial markets are based on the comparative values of other assets within the same market.

Obviously football is a market unlike many others but, in my opinion, the fundamental principles of a capitalist market still hold true.

You only have to look at the knock-on effect caused by deals like Rio Ferdinand, Pogba, Walker, Maguire etc...all huge money fees and changed the market.

Do you really think Kepa would have cost £70m+ if it hadn't been for Liverpool paying £60m+ for Alisson?

Or that Southampton would have got so much for Van Dijk if it hadn't been for Man U paying silly money for Maguire?

There are always exceptions to the rule. However I feel that when buying sought-after players, just as when buying any sought-after asset, you have to pay the market rate.

I just struggle to see how people can think Ramsdale is worth more than two of the best keepers in the league, or even (as an alternative example) Ollie Watkins.

Both English, both young, both involved on the fringes of the England set up...however one is a consistent goalscorer at every level he's played at and the other is a keeper who's seen two relegations in consecutive seasons, and had a couple of good spells during those seasons - as well as a couple of absolutely terrible ones.

I still say £20m+ and we'd be mad to say no. We've got a ready made replacement in Verrips, he's plenty good enough for the Championship!

Kepa went for £70m which is exactly my point. WBA asking for at least £20m for Sam Johnstone who is 7 years (I think) Ramsdale’s senior.
You can bring up decent deals to argue everything. I’d say JOC pre injury was worth every inch £50m based on his talent, form, age and the similar deals happening for centre halves at the time.

The two best keepers in the league are Ederson and Allison, do you think either would go for less than £80m? Do you think City or Liverpool would accept that?
What City PAID for Ederson from Benfica is irrelevant. He’s had what 4 seasons of PL experience since then?
Not saying Ramsdale is worth that, but he’s not worth a quarter of them either.

Verrips plenty good enough for the championship?? You’ve literally never seen him play and you’re basing it off his FC Eminem stats alone. Dangerous

Anyone who thinks £20m for a 21 year old keeper with 2 PL seasons, 3 POTY trophies on the bounce and a senior England call up is a good deal is a fucking nutcase and I’m glad they’re not on our board.

Well it is, to a point.

Why do you think Verrips will be any good in the Championship ?

I think the concern around verrips is legitimate but not due to his ability. He’s performed well abroad and goals are the same size there as here. The issue will be whether he can settle here something he certainly hasn’t done previously and probably won’t do in future. I think it’s probably a wise course to either cash in on him this summer or look for a better foreign loan this summer with a view to maximising his value for next summer.

I think the concern around verrips is legitimate but not due to his ability. He’s performed well abroad and goals are the same size there as here. The issue will be whether he can settle here something he certainly hasn’t done previously and probably won’t do in future. I think it’s probably a wise course to either cash in on him this summer or look for a better foreign loan this summer with a view to maximising his value for next summer.
The players used to call him no hands in training

Well it is, to a point.

Van dijk went to Liverpool before maguire went to man utd

The players used to call him no hands in training
That could still be mental/ not being focused he’s looked good closer to home but I don’t think we’d see that for us

Kepa went for £70m which is exactly my point. WBA asking for at least £20m for Sam Johnstone who is 7 years (I think) Ramsdale’s senior.
You can bring up decent deals to argue everything. I’d say JOC pre injury was worth every inch £50m based on his talent, form, age and the similar deals happening for centre halves at the time.

The two best keepers in the league are Ederson and Allison, do you think either would go for less than £80m? Do you think City or Liverpool would accept that?
What City PAID for Ederson from Benfica is irrelevant. He’s had what 4 seasons of PL experience since then?
Not saying Ramsdale is worth that, but he’s not worth a quarter of them either.

Verrips plenty good enough for the championship?? You’ve literally never seen him play and you’re basing it off his FC Eminem stats alone. Dangerous

Anyone who thinks £20m for a 21 year old keeper with 2 PL seasons, 3 POTY trophies on the bounce and a senior England call up is a good deal is a fucking nutcase and I’m glad they’re not on our board.
Actually I watched 4 Emmen games towards the back end of last season, followed Verrips and Emmen on Insta and kept a keen eye on weekly Eredivisie highlights.

I would have watched more games had I been able to find streams for them, I'm a bit sad like that.

And then there's his stats, which I posted above somewhere.

Add to that; the opinions of several Dutch pundits who have praised him for very nearly saving a catastrophic Emmen side from relegation.

Verrips is a fine keeper and if he's good enough for the Eredivise, he's definitely good enough for the second tier of English football.

I definitely 100% agree with you about JoC, I think we probably would have got about £40-50m for him if he'd stayed fit and had another proven season in the top flight.

As for Rammers...he's actually 23 and he's only had two POTY awards. Good research 👏🏻

On that topic...those two POTY awards came whilst playing in poor, eventually relegated teams. Effectively like being given the award for Tallest Dwarf.

It's not all disagreement though, at least we can both agree I shouldn't be on the board!

Actually I watched 4 Emmen games towards the back end of last season, followed Verrips and Emmen on Insta and kept a keen eye on weekly Eredivisie highlights.

I would have watched more games had I been able to find streams for them, I'm a bit sad like that.

And then there's his stats, which I posted above somewhere.

Add to that; the opinions of several Dutch pundits who have praised him for very nearly saving a catastrophic Emmen side from relegation.

Verrips is a fine keeper and if he's good enough for the Eredivise, he's definitely good enough for the second tier of English football.

I definitely 100% agree with you about JoC, I think we probably would have got about £40-50m for him if he'd stayed fit and had another proven season in the top flight.

As for Rammers...he's actually 23 and he's only had two POTY awards. Good research 👏🏻

On that topic...those two POTY awards came whilst playing in poor, eventually relegated teams. Effectively like being given the award for Tallest Dwarf.

It's not all disagreement though, at least we can both agree I shouldn't be on the board!
Playing well in the Erdivisie doesn’t mean he’ll be any good here. You say it like it’s fact, Alfonso Alves tore the Erdivisie a new one but couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo for Boro in both the Prem and the Champ.

Oh right, I must just have imagined his Wimbledon player of the year award then…

Playing well in the Erdivisie doesn’t mean he’ll be any good here. You say it like it’s fact, Alfonso Alves tore the Erdivisie a new one but couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo for Boro in both the Prem and the Champ.

Oh right, I must just have imagined his Wimbledon player of the year award then…
Yes, yes you did. You did imagine it.

Screenshot_20210612-153756_Chrome.jpg

Ramsdale did win the Radio WDON Player of the Year...which is a bit like being told you're James Shield's favourite player.

And I see you've ignored my evidence-based argument RE: Verrips and just decided to change the angle to something else...for every Afonso Alves you give me I'll give you a Van Nistelrooy, a Kuyt or a Suarez.

Never said anything as fact mate, just exchanging opinions. Would you prefer it if I phrased it this way...

"From the games I've watched him play, the opinions of Dutch pundits and his stats from Emmen...he's definitely good enough for the Championship".

If you disagree with me there then you're doing exactly what you accused me of doing in your first reply...making assumptions on a player you've never seen play.

Not sure why I'm bothering anymore because you just keep proving you're not very good at this 🤷‍♂️

If Spurs put offer in for Ramsdale take Ryan Sessegnon as part of deal. Was Ryan Sessegnon a Fulham player when Slavisa Jokanovic was manager?

If Spurs put offer in for Ramsdale take Ryan Sessegnon as part of deal. Was Ryan Sessegnon a Fulham player when Slavisa Jokanovic was manager?

Scored a hat-trick against us

if man utd are not convinced by henderson spurs will probably go after him before rammy

According to a report from the Sheffield Star, the 21-year-old is not after leaving the Blades, despite their relegation to the Championship.
The Daily Mail claimed earlier this week that Ramsdale was a player Wolves were keeping tabs on, amid speculation about the future of Rui Patricio.

Tottenham Hotspur have also been credited with an interest.

But it looks as though Wolves will have to look elsewhere for a potential Patricio replacement given the Sheffield Star’s information
Really, Wolves shouldn’t be looking at Ramsdale, especially with reports indicating he could cost £40 million.

www.molineux.news

Everton signed Pickford for £25m after only playing one season for Sunderland in the top flight and getting relegated.

don’t believe he’s made his senior international debut by this time either so I don’t see why we would accent anything less than north of £25m for Ramsdale

this was also 4 years ago

We don’t have to sell, he doesn’t want to leave…that puts the price up by several million I would assume.

More than that - it would simply make him 'not for sale'!

I agree with what I assume is the club's thinking - there are other and better ways i.e. by selling other assets, in order to cover the shortfall in revenue next season and provide SJ with funds to play with in the market.

Yes to Berge, not Egan.

Think Brewster may force an exit

Brewster may try; but currently nobody is going to pay anywhere near what we paid for him - so he won’t be going anywhere as we’d not take a huge loss this soon after buying him.

Yes to Berge, not Egan.

Think Brewster may force an exit

Brewster may try; but currently nobody is going to pay anywhere near what we paid for him - so he won’t be going anywhere as we’d not take a huge loss this soon after buying him.
Based on what exactly?

There’s been a shite narrative doing the rounds on social media that’s he’s got a bad attitude, that’s he’s formed a clique and is actively disrupting Wilder, that’s he’s a Billy big time, he wants out, none of them have ever had any substance to support it. In fact it’s gone against what players and staff have said about him, yet folk repeat it and decide he’s that sort of player with nothing to support it.
He’s hardly had a chance at United, he’s had things not go his way, had to try and fit into a shit side that don’t attack, don’t create chances and don’t play to any of his strengths. He’s had considerable personal criticism both from fans, and national media reminding him of his goal return which isn’t particularly his own fault and hasn’t publicly spoken out once.
His confidence has clearly been badly affected and yet not a peep to a local press who would love to talk to him and print why it’s gone so wrong. So, what makes you think he’d “force” an exit?

Last edited:
Based on what exactly?

There’s been a shite narrative doing the rounds on social media that’s he’s got a bad attitude, that’s he’s formed a clique and is actively disrupting Wilder, that’s he’s a Billy big time, he wants out, none of them have ever had any substance to support it. In fact it’s gone against what players and staff have said about him, yet folk repeat it and decide he’s that sort of player with nothing to support it.
He’s hardly had a chance at United, he’s had things not go his way, had to try and fit into a shit side that don’t attack, don’t create chances and don’t play to any of his strengths. He’s had considerable personal criticism both from fans, and national media reminding him of his goal return which isn’t particularly his own fault and hasn’t publicly spoken out once.
His confidence has clearly been badly affected and yet not a peep to a local press who would love to talk to him and print why it’s gone so wrong. So, what makes you think he’d “force” an exit?

I should’ve rephrased my response - I don’t think he’s a ‘bad egg’ or that he will try and force a move, the point i was trying to make was about the financials making it no sense for him to be supposedly leaving.

Based on what exactly?

I think he may force a move if he is so frustrated/unhappy, as most employees would do.

I think he may force a move if he is so frustrated/unhappy, as most employees would do.
As with all the players in the current squad, he'll have his price. If his agent can convince someone to give us £18m+ (ie we get back the initial outlay) then I'm sure we'd let him go. We're not, however, a charity so we're not going to let him go for a pittance.

Back
Top Bottom