CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Arsenal could reportedly move for Barcelona goalkeeper Neto if they are unsuccessful in their attempts to sign Aaron Ramsdale from Sheffield United this summer.​

The Gunners are keen to bring a new stopper to the club ahead of the 2021-22 campaign, and Ramsdale is believed to have been identified as the leading target in that area of the field.

However, Sheffield United could ultimately price the 23-year-old out of an exit, with the Blades thought to value the Englishman in excess of £30m.

According to Mundo Deportivo, the Gunners have identified Neto as an alternative to Ramsdale, with the Brazilian thought to be available for a much lower fee.

The 32-year-old has been with Barcelona since 2019 but has only played on 17 occasions for the Catalan giants, with Marc-Andre ter Stegen the number one stopper at Camp Nou

Arsenal could reportedly move for Barcelona goalkeeper Neto if they are unsuccessful in their attempts to sign Aaron Ramsdale from Sheffield United this summer.​

The Gunners are keen to bring a new stopper to the club ahead of the 2021-22 campaign, and Ramsdale is believed to have been identified as the leading target in that area of the field.

However, Sheffield United could ultimately price the 23-year-old out of an exit, with the Blades thought to value the Englishman in excess of £30m.

According to Mundo Deportivo, the Gunners have identified Neto as an alternative to Ramsdale, with the Brazilian thought to be available for a much lower fee.

The 32-year-old has been with Barcelona since 2019 but has only played on 17 occasions for the Catalan giants, with Marc-Andre ter Stegen the number one stopper at Camp Nou
He doesn't exactly help their home grown quota does he? Isn't that a thing these days?

I know keepers can have longer careers but bringing in the Barcelona reserve keeper at 31 is hardly an inspiring move. It seems to be just to try to give the impression they have alternatives even though they remain interested in Rammers. Just because he's at Barca it means very little. Leeds brought in the keeper from Leeds and he was garbage.

I'm relaxed about this one. If they are not prepared to put serious, too good to be true money on the table, then Rammers will be a real asset for us and I'd certainly not be pushing him out the door. He seems a really good kid too.

Yep south but thats what he will eventually cost...so tjeres no way we sell him for what he cost irrespective of when the payments are made and received

I don't know the exact breakdown but some payments were related to surviving relegation (which obviously won't be triggered) and gaining and England cap (which hasn't yet been triggered).

However, I would have thought they would be more than covered by Bournemouth's cut from the sell-on clause which is likely to be £2.0m -£2.5m.

Sad to see him go for a measly 25m. Hopefully, this opens up some funds to bring in a quality player or two.

Surely a youth / fringe player on loan this way would be part of any deal. If we could push it up to £30M plus a player on loan our way (and with a healthy sell on %) it would be a reasonable deal in my opinion. I'd rather us keep him though all the same.

Well, if Arsenal can't afford to shop at Harrods, or even Waitrose or Sainsburys, it's nice to know they'll go to Neto instead

He doesn't exactly help their home grown quota does he? Isn't that a thing these days?

I know keepers can have longer careers but bringing in the Barcelona reserve keeper at 31 is hardly an inspiring move. It seems to be just to try to give the impression they have alternatives even though they remain interested in Rammers. Just because he's at Barca it means very little. Leeds brought in the keeper from Leeds and he was garbage.

I'm relaxed about this one. If they are not prepared to put serious, too good to be true money on the table, then Rammers will be a real asset for us and I'd certainly not be pushing him out the door. He seems a really good kid too.
Think they’ll be fine on the quota front saka, Smith Rowe, chambers, holding, nketiah, balogun and maitland Niles are all English and most are academy products.

What is our preferred system under SJ?

We don’t have the players of the required quality to player either 3 CB’s (which I suspect will be the preferred system) or 2 CB’s and 2 full backs.

At his last club he played 3 at the back, at watford he usually set up in a 4-3-1-2 and at Fulham in a 4-3-3.

In my opinion we haven’t got the players to adequately play any of those formations to a level that would get us a top 2 place.

We don’t have the players of the required quality to player either 3 CB’s (which I suspect will be the preferred system) or 2 CB’s and 2 full backs.

At his last club he played 3 at the back, at watford he usually set up in a 4-3-1-2 and at Fulham in a 4-3-3.

In my opinion we haven’t got the players to adequately play any of those formations to a level that would get us a top 2 place.
We don't have a wide forward at the club

Agreed.

Basham is no good in a back 4. Not commanding enough. We obviously need a JOC replacement and hopefully that replacement is comfortable alongside Egan in a back 4 in addition to LCB in a back 3.
We're fine at full back

We don't have a wide forward at the club

Why Oliver Burke is being tipped to become one of Sheffield United's most  influential players | The Star

Back
Top Bottom