CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

well original seems confident rammy isnt going anywhere although he wont tell us his source but i think if arsenal offer us the 32m i think he will go ive always rated rammy from watching him at the cliffe years ago but every player has his price and if by selling him it enables us to bring 3 good players in either buying or on loan i think its a good deal for us mind the arsenal fans are unforgiving if he has a start like he had with us last season they will crucify him and could damage his confidence for years

If Arsenal bid £32m it won’t be Rammers deciding if he’s leaving…it’ll be us and his agent. No way we’re turning that sort of money down for him with the hole in the finances that we need to plug.

I like the fact that Kaveh seems to genuinely despise Darmesh too. I suspect it’s not a schtick, it’s because Darmesh is like a five-year-old on Christmas Eve having spent all day drinking Sunny D and eating popping candy
I cannot abide either of these two bell ends.

stopped watching sky sports news years ago and was blissfully ignorant to it all and then work started playing it on a screen in the office.

They took what was left of the usual dreary sports news bores and made them wear roll necks and thick rimmed glasses like some Essex wide it’s going to a call centre interview..

bet under the desk they’re not wearing socks either with dress shoes.

I cannot abide either of these two bell ends.

stopped watching sky sports news years ago and was blissfully ignorant to it all and then work started playing it on a screen in the office.

They took what was left of the usual dreary sports news bores and made them wear roll necks and thick rimmed glasses like some Essex wide it’s going to a call centre interview..

bet under the desk they’re not wearing socks either with dress shoes.

I can get behind this hatred and ranting 100%

Whatever is happening with incomings and outgoings I just wish something would get a fucking move on.
2 weeks away from the start of the season and nothing so far. I acknowledge that the window has been generally quiet but we really need to strengthen in a couple of key areas.
Add to that the inevitable covid related chaos and that we have barely kicked a competitive ball in anger.
I am dialling down any expectations I had for a strong start at this rate.

Whatever is happening with incomings and outgoings I just wish something would get a fucking move on.
2 weeks away from the start of the season and nothing so far. I acknowledge that the window has been generally quiet but we really need to strengthen in a couple of key areas.
Add to that the inevitable covid related chaos and that we have barely kicked a competitive ball in anger.
I am dialling down any expectations I had for a strong start at this rate.
I think if no one leaves, we have a great squad for the championship. I hope we sell no one.

I think if no one leaves, we have a great squad for the championship. I hope we sell no one.

It's just strength in depth at CB and lack of creativity in midfield that worries me mate. I concede though that Slav may have seen something in the youngsters to help with all of the above. Other wise I agree about the rest of the squad.

I am also a bit worried about lack of game time. 3 pre season friendlies seems a bit light to me, but again I don't know what is happening in training etc.

It's just strength in depth at CB and lack of creativity in midfield that worries me mate. I concede though that Slav may have seen something in the youngsters to help with all of the above. Other wise I agree about the rest of the squad.

I am also a bit worried about lack of game time. 3 pre season friendlies seems a bit light to me, but again I don't know what is happening in training etc.
Centreback is the kicker for me even if Gordon has come on leaps and bounds over the summer although there’s no evidence to support that as of yet we’d still be one centreback short and the others definitely aren’t ready.

I am not sure what our preferred system will be under Jokanović, judging by what is said about his previous clubs we may get a slow start with gradually improving performances and results.
I am very confident any gaps that he identifies will soon be resolved.
Again hope we sell no one.

we really do need a couple of midfielders in to challenge fleck and norwood think ben davies will come in at centre back we might just get away with that but would like another in as well there

Aaron Ramsdale: Arsenal consider third transfer bid for Sheffield United goalkeeper​

Arsenal have seen two bids for Sheffield United goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale turned down this summer; Arsenal to make third offer with initial fee of £18m plus add-ons which could take deal to above £25m
Reports of an incoming bid worth £30m are wide of the mark, Sky Sports News has been told.

Really hope we don't accept that. General consensus seems to be that Ramsdale would be going there as backup keeper at least for the foreseeable so assuming addons would probably be appearance based, bit of an insulting offer.

Aaron Ramsdale: Arsenal consider third transfer bid for Sheffield United goalkeeper​

Arsenal have seen two bids for Sheffield United goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale turned down this summer; Arsenal to make third offer with initial fee of £18m plus add-ons which could take deal to above £25m
Reports of an incoming bid worth £30m are wide of the mark, Sky Sports News has been told.
If that’s true it’s an offer that should be rejected out of hand together with a warning not to waste our time any more.

definetly no deal at that price thought united had told em 32m minimum

If Arsenal bid £32m it won’t be Rammers deciding if he’s leaving…it’ll be us and his agent. No way we’re turning that sort of money down for him with the hole in the finances that we need to plug.
True but the issue with that is Arse won’t bid £32m they are as tight as a ducks arse and as usual assume they can disrupt the player enough to force a move

if that report of a third bid of £18m plus add ons are true, (which we might not even get the add ons) taking the total to £25m then tell them to just fk off and stop embarrassing themselves. £18m is less than we paid for him

True but the issue with that is Arse won’t bid £32m they are as tight as a ducks arse and as usual assume they can disrupt the player enough to force a move

if that report of a third bid of £18m plus add ons are true, (which we might not even get the add ons) taking the total to £25m then tell them to just fk off and stop embarrassing themselves. £18m is less than we paid for him
That's fine. They won't get him then :)

from arsenals perspective that seems far more realistic than them going to 30m plus to be honest.

hardly worth it if we have to find a replacement, and possibly not enough to convince ramsdale that he’d be a guaranteed starter there??

Might depend on if berge has any suitors whether we are minded to sell him.

Utd haven't paid anywhere near £18m for him to date.

I really hope this is true and from the horses mouth. We know if he goes only a fraction of the money will be reinvested in the squad so it will be a massive boost to start the season with the best goalie in the division.

Really not where the evidence for that statement comes from?

Under McCabe it was certainly the case but there’s absolutely zero evidence any fees under this regime wouldn’t be reinvested. In fact I’d hazard a guess based on the value of transfer fees the Prince has authorised that that statement would prove untrue.

Arsenal, you're drunk. Go home!

Really not where the evidence for that statement comes from?

Under McCabe it was certainly the case but there’s absolutely zero evidence any fees under this regime wouldn’t be reinvested. In fact I’d hazard a guess based on the value of transfer fees the Prince has authorised that that statement would prove untrue.
Theres zero evidence it would be reinvested too. Why does it seem to be common wisdom that we need to raise money....just so that money is reinvested ?

I thought Bernard Lego was there no1 spending £40 mill on a back up is mad

Just sign Nicky weaver or something like most big teams do as a bench filler mascot

Back
Top Bottom