CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ramsdale might well be tempted by a massive salary increase. Sixty k a week for a young lad from the northern wasteland is a big jump. Plus he will get the pleasures available in the capital city.
All that money and bright lights? Easy to turn a young mans head.
Our club wages policy is even hurting us in the championship?
Are you saying we should compete with Arsenal as a championship club?.
We couldnt do that when in prem..
I would think our wage structure now as a relegated prem club will be up near the top of the salaries league.

Are you saying we should compete with Arsenal as a championship club?.
We couldnt do that when in prem..
I would think our wage structure now as a relegated prem club will be up near the top of the salaries league.
I am suggesting that if we need to buy quality players, we will still be held back by our wages policy. We are competing with Arsenal because they want Ramsdale, and they don’t have a problem paying him a bigger salary than we could afford.
It’s no coincidence that we lost out on Championship targets last year, mostly because of the lower salary we were able to offer.

I am suggesting that if we need to buy quality players, we will still be held back by our wages policy. We are competing with Arsenal because they want Ramsdale, and they don’t have a problem paying him a bigger salary than we could afford.
It’s no coincidence that we lost out on Championship targets last year, mostly because of the lower salary we were able to offer.
No. However they have a problem affording him it seems.

i think our board were prepared to sell rammy for 30m then realised bournemouth will have to be paid a couple of million so raised it to 32m 🤔🤔

Aaron isn’t going anywhere…under contract and he wants to stay.

if you don’t believe me ask him

time to move on
I really hope this is true and from the horses mouth. We know if he goes only a fraction of the money will be reinvested in the squad so it will be a massive boost to start the season with the best goalie in the division.

As much as I like Rammers, i think for £30 million plus, I’d take the money and run. We would be rinsing them. Plugs a massive hole in our lost revenue, have faith we would bring in the right replacements
I'm not too sure about plugging a massive hole. I don't know the ins and outs of the original deal we had with Bournemouth but I'd expect we still owe them a fair chunk of the transfer fee plus they probably have a 15-20% sell on fee. We would also have to enter the market for a replacement keeper of sufficient quality to get promoted and, once back in the Premier League, be good enough so we don't have to splash the cash again. All in all I wouldn't expect too much change out of £30M

I would imagine some of the 18m fee we paid will of been based on us staying up? I’m sure Wilder said the Brewster deal was like this also. Possibly also includes being capped for England etc.

I'm not too sure about plugging a massive hole. I don't know the ins and outs of the original deal we had with Bournemouth but I'd expect we still owe them a fair chunk of the transfer fee plus they probably have a 15-20% sell on fee. We would also have to enter the market for a replacement keeper of sufficient quality to get promoted and, once back in the Premier League, be good enough so we don't have to splash the cash again. All in all I wouldn't expect too much change out of £30M
Probably need to deduct whatever they still owe us for David Brooks

Aaron isn’t going anywhere…under contract and he wants to stay.

if you don’t believe me ask him

time to move on

He’s not going to say anything else right now is he? He’d look a right bell end if he starts telling people he really wants to go to Arsenal and then it doesn’t happen.

If a bid is accepted, he’ll happily sign for them.

He’s not going to say anything else right now is he? He’d look a right bell end if he starts telling people he really wants to go to Arsenal and then it doesn’t happen.

If a bid is accepted, he’ll happily sign for them.
So you know he will happily sign for them do you wow that’s a hell of a statement. I will let him know 😂

So you know he will happily sign for them do you wow that’s a hell of a statement. I will let him know 😂

So if Arsenal have a bid accepted you honestly think he’ll turn down a big pay rise and the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country? I don’t need to speak to Ramsdale to know he would leave, he’d be fucking mad to stay with us!

wasnt the rammy fee tied in to the brooks deal ? but in any case bournemouth got a 15% sell on clause think thats why weve increased our price to 32m

So if Arsenal have a bid accepted you honestly think he’ll turn down a big pay rise and the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country? I don’t need to speak to Ramsdale to know he would leave, he’d be fucking mad to stay with us!
He wants game time more than anything else not sat on his backside in the stands at Arsenal ...he wants to play in front of his fans...he won't go

Remember last year when we put a bid in for one of their child strikers? They laughed in our faces.

50 million or fuck off. We’ll loan him to villa instead to play second fiddle to Martinez…

He wants game time more than anything else not sat on his backside in the stands at Arsenal ...he wants to play in front of his fans...he won't go

I just can’t see Arsenal spending £30m+ on a back up goalkeeper. I’m sure if he speaks to Arteta, he’ll be given assurances that he’ll be given a chance to compete to be number 1.

So he doesn’t want to go to London to play for Arsenal, with a huge signing on fee, huge salary, huge stadium and fanbase, but not so long ago he could not resist the bright lights and jet set lifestyle on offer in….. Bournemouth?

Behave, if Utd accept a bid, he‘ll be gone, his agent will see to that. 🤦🏻

So he doesn’t want to go to London to play for Arsenal, with a huge signing on fee, huge salary, huge stadium and fanbase, but not so long ago he could not resist the bright lights and jet set lifestyle on offer in….. Bournemouth?

Behave, if Utd accept a bid, he‘ll be gone, his agent will see to that. 🤦🏻
Part of me from seeing the media reaction to the £30m plus bid is thinking we should probably sell him. I'm not sure I agree with the ‘he’ll be a £40m plus player’. He had a very average first half of the season, we were all ready to give Verrips a go in November.

Now we want £35/40m. Shows how quickly football can change!

Back
Top Bottom