Derby fans aren't happy (and I don't blame them)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As a pay on the day fan (can’t afford or commit to a season ticket) I’m not happy either. If it continues to rise in such a way I’ll be going to less games as the seasons go by, and ultimately be priced out bar the odd game unless circumstances change drastically.

yeah 41 quid in south stand sorry mr abdullah united fans arnt mugs and wont pay those prices
Having been (effectively) accused of been a Pig by Alcoblade after offering concerns about how our clubs run…I’m offering a high5 to the Prince and his team for milking us dry. Let’s be right, it’s becoming a very concerning path that we are taking.

Shameful pricing. The club don't care at all for POTG 'customers' and simply happy to take advantage of away fan loyality.

I'm clinging on to the hope the club dont apply a similar hike to future ST pricing.

Kiss of death, much?kissofdeat_lykrea5x.gif

Shameful pricing. The club don't care at all for POTG 'customers' and simply happy to take advantage of away fan loyality.
Some of the POTG fans could become regular fans / future ST holders if the prices were reasonable

I'm clinging on to the hope the club dont apply a similar hike to future ST pricing.

That is the big worry one I have been concerned about

And yet the Derby fans clapped along with it. And have benefitted from it. We couldn't afford to sign Waghorn (wages) at the time they were lower table and we were pushing to come up. They should have been relegated not Wycombe who presumably are not gaming the wage levels.
The FL has shown it cant put pressure on these clubs to change - so maybe we need to do that via their supporters. What do we owe Derby County fans, years of 'hospitality' at the baseball ground in one of the worst rusty throwbacks ever?
But hey lets shaft our club to be fair to other fans who support clubs that cheat!
Aye
By your criteria (financial shenanigans / poor facilities etc) you rarely (if ever) watched SUFC in the last Century?

In an ideal world I agree but the owners reply might be

I’ve shown ambition by putting my money where my mouth is
so now I’m waiting for the fans to back it up and show their ambition by putting their money where their mouth is.

We’re kind of copying the Chansiri model and it’s a concern. If you buy a season ticket the pricing isn’t too bad.
We’ve kept all our best players this season and added some new talent.

Who would have thought we’d have 80 million pounds worth of players sat on the bench against Preston.
That statistic is incredible and something we’d have only dreamt of a few year ago.
Genuine question (for once) to all & sundry-
How much money have the owners actually put “where their mouth is”

Fans have been moaning about ticket prices since the 90s, but continue to go to matches. Is there any wonder that prices are still rising?

Prices for POTG are bad. Really bad - to think that someone would have to pay £35+ to sit on the kop for ANY Championship game. It isn't on.

I live 160 miles away (not Swindon anymore but still close, Newbury) and a season ticket where I attend 75% of the time is better value. (And that's what I'm doing).

For someone like me, (miles away) who can't/won't pay for a season ticket (whereas I can); games are prohibitively expensive. We shouldn't underestimate ourselves, we ARE Sheffield's strongest club and we WILL be back in the top flight before the other lot. Let's make it as easy as possible for anyone in Sheffield, and beyond to get on board.

Pigs adult matchday prices. Juniors and concessions v reasonable.

KOP
Cat A: £26
Cat B: £24
Cat C: £22
Cat D: £20

North and Grandstand
Cat A: £29
Cat B £27
Cat C: £25
Cat D: £23

South
Cat A: £32
Cat B: £30
Cat C: £28
Cat D: £26

Prices for POTG are bad. Really bad - to think that someone would have to pay £35+ to sit on the kop for ANY Championship game. It isn't on.

I live 160 miles away (not Swindon anymore but still close, Newbury) and a season ticket where I attend 75% of the time is better value. (And that's what I'm doing).

For someone like me, (miles away) who can't/won't pay for a season ticket (whereas I can); games are prohibitively expensive. We shouldn't underestimate ourselves, we ARE Sheffield's strongest club and we WILL be back in the top flight before the other lot. Let's make it as easy as possible for anyone in Sheffield, and beyond to get on board.

You describe perfectly how our club encourage strong-arm fans into buying STs

Blafes prices are too high, but its all about demand. Now we are playing well and scoring goals, blades fans will still buy tickets. The club knows this, and they will squeeze it all they can.
It is still a shabby way to treat away fans in any league. We need the away end full to make the game better all round.

So Derby fans are moaning about ticket prices when they have been cheating financial fair play for years. Isn't this a chance for our club to try and redress their cheating albeit by a little bit?
(Apparently another 9 point deduction is pending for them soon - although I did hear this news from a Wednesdayite)
And also I would be totally calm with charging more to away fans whose clubs have been involved in financial cheating and/or gone into admin and not paying their bills (pigs, Derby, Birmingham, Leicester, Leeds etc).
I don’t think the Derby fans have had much input into the financial strategy of the football club.

Genuine question (for once) to all & sundry-
How much money have the owners actually put “where their mouth is”

Many of fans insisted we wouldn’t buy anyone in the transfer window because we lack ambition.
Many insisted we’d sell off all our most saleable assets including Berge.

Eventhough we’ve not sold any players we’ve still brought in players
It means we now have a massive 30 man squad….all need paying….most on very high PL wages.

Against PNE we had nearly 80 million players sat on the bench in a 2nd tier level game.
Thats pretty obscene…this season we’re the Man City of this league….and have a big advantage.

We’ve sacked a manager and targeted the “on paper” best replacement and also allowed him to bring in his back room staff from Spain.

We’re still showing ambition to achieve instant promotion.
My concern is if we fail to gain promotion then a down sizing strategy will be required.
When we start offloading players and massively reducing salary costs…..it’s at that point our fans will question why they are paying high ticket prices.
This season even with high POTD pricing our gates will still be the best in this league but if we fail to gain promotion then once we start balancing the books based on our reduced income then gates will edge nearer the hardcore 20K.

Blafes prices are too high, but its all about demand. Now we are playing well and scoring goals, blades fans will still buy tickets. The club knows this, and they will squeeze it all they can.
It is still a shabby way to treat away fans in any league. We need the away end full to make the game better all round.
no they wont blades fans wont be taken for mugs scoring loads of goals or not they wont be ripped off financially

The reality is we need to get shut of wasters likes of mcburnie, moose, Brewster etc who are on massive wages and offer very little to the team.

The problem is they are that bad nobody will take them and the Prince is a 10 Bob millionaire... so our long suffering fans are paying for their ridiculous wages until their contracts run out

Wait till the season ticket renewal prices next year £££££££££££££

according to nh the club are taking another look at their pricing policy they need to but good that their listening to fans who either cant afford or cant commit to buying a season ticket

Personally id like vendors inside to get their act together ... absolutely overpriced understaffed.... crap. Couldn't get a drink in Cricketers alas one bitter one lager on draught otherwise cans and bottles at overpriced prices... beer running out at Railway oo .... fucking shambles! Al this and parking shambles this year somebody making a fortune!!!@

Many of fans insisted we wouldn’t buy anyone in the transfer window because we lack ambition.
Many insisted we’d sell off all our most saleable assets including Berge.

Eventhough we’ve not sold any players we’ve still brought in players
It means we now have a massive 30 man squad….all need paying….most on very high PL wages.

Against PNE we had nearly 80 million players sat on the bench in a 2nd tier level game.
Thats pretty obscene…this season we’re the Man City of this league….and have a big advantage.

We’ve sacked a manager and targeted the “on paper” best replacement and also allowed him to bring in his back room staff from Spain.

We’re still showing ambition to achieve instant promotion.
My concern is if we fail to gain promotion then a down sizing strategy will be required.
When we start offloading players and massively reducing salary costs…..it’s at that point our fans will question why they are paying high ticket prices.
This season even with high POTD pricing our gates will still be the best in this league but if we fail to gain promotion then once we start balancing the books based on our reduced income then gates will edge nearer the hardcore 20K.
Good points. A shame DCFC didn’t follow them !
Now about to go into Administration with points deductions of as much as 19 points quite possible.
I feel that those running our club are doing a good and sensible job. If that means charging more for matches than some on here think is right, then so be it. I don’t want us to follow Derby and possibly others into oblivion.

Good points. A shame DCFC didn’t follow them !
Now about to go into Administration with points deductions of as much as 19 points quite possible.
I feel that those running our club are doing a good and sensible job. If that means charging more for matches than some on here think is right, then so be it. I don’t want us to follow Derby and possibly others into oblivion.
Why not just charge £1,000,000 per ticket? We only need 1 fan per match and we’re laughing.

Back
Top Bottom