Mcburnie has to start

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's pretty kneejerk regarding Billy. Outside of those two big moments (missed header & free kick giveaway) he was pretty good again. Used his strength, brought the others into play, lovely first touch..

Unclear what McBurnie has shown us, in 2 years, to demonstrate that he warrants a shirt. I've never seen him play as a lone striker and do well. Don't get me wrong, it's a different side and it could work but I don't think there's a body of evidence to support strong feelings either way for it.

*edit
One thing in McBurnie's favour is his defensive aerial ability. We look extremely vulnerable to aerial bombardment at the back and he is exceptional in this regard.
He should have come on last night for Sharp to help us see the game out.

McBurnie cannot play as a lone striker in the system we are using at the moment. He does not hold the ball up well enough and his movement is not as good as Sharp's.

We have scored 8 goals with Sharp up front using this system. He had 3 assists and some involvement in others. We had 1 in the previous 5 games. He's doing fine.

Although Sharp is doing the job well I don't think we have a striker at the club who has a play style that suits playing up front on their own in the system Slav is trying to implement. I think depending on how he develops Jebbison could play the role in the future in a way DCL does similarly for Everton, but I think all our first team strikers have different weaknesses to their game which rule them out as a long term single focal point of attack.

• Banned
If McBurnie is the answer, what is the question?

He has scored a few goals, some of them crucial, but I can't ever remember thinking that he put in an outstanding MOM performance - Billy on the other hand .....

Could the Question be name an all round striker who can do everything at championship Level and has been mis-used in his current club

Id say Mcburnie could be the answer to that

If we are playing with one striker then Bill isn't good enough on his own

And yes he played well against peterboro
I thought the title of the post was the first part of a sentence ending “….. being a good footballer”.

Imagine my surprise when it was actually a call to have him included in the starting 11.

to be fair, decent assist on Saturday but he is another one who always seems to take the zip out of the game, just by how long it takes him to control a ball and decide what to do with it.

Worst WUM post ever, makes Stegosaurus look good.

Not winding anybody up mate

You give Mcburnie a run in the team and he is better than sharp he was much better than sharp in the 2 years in the prem

If you want a focal point to build a attacks and link up play at this level there isn't any one better than him

That isn't a slight on sharp

Last night McBurnie comes out to warm up.

He spends 10/15 minutes talking to an opposition sub. He hardly ever watches the game, even when Preston have two quick corners in succession.

25,000 people engrossed in the game but not our hero McBurnie.

Last night McBurnie comes out to warm up.

He spends 10/15 minutes talking to an opposition sub. He hardly ever watches the game, even when Preston have two quick corners in succession.

25,000 people engrossed in the game but not our hero McBurnie.

Man talks to former colleague shocker

He should never play again

One of the very few things that McBurnie adds to this team is his height when it comes to defending set pieces.

He's a striker first and foremost and should be scoring goals. I'd rather him be trying to put it in the onion bag at one end rather than trying to keep it out at the other. He shouldn't have to be wiping our defenders arses.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the vast majority of McBurnie's footballing game, and to say he should be starting over Sharp right now given his current form is unfathomable.

One of the very few things that McBurnie adds to this team is his height when it comes to defending set pieces.

He's a striker first and foremost and should be scoring goals. I'd rather him be trying to put it in the onion bag at one end rather than trying to keep it out at the other. He shouldn't have to be wiping our defenders arses.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the vest majority of McBurnie's footballing game, and to say he should be starting over Sharp right now given his current form is unfathomable.

2 assists in his last 2 subs appearances about 40 minutes

Bar Luton when every one was awful

Im not saying sharp is bad he isn't but Mcburnie offers far more if he gets a run in the team

Mcburnie not the answer not mobile enough he slows everything down,he’s ideal to defend set pieces, but he’s judged on his goals and assists and for us it’s not good enough

For me McBurnie should have come on last night for the last 25/30 mins. Sharp for all his hard work was getting nothing from their CBs.

Whether he should start over Sharp is a totally different question.

I do think that as the season goes on, all our strikers will be rotated and all have a say in our rise up the table. It's not silly to suggest Brewster, Sharp and McBurnie can all score 10 each

Back
Top Bottom