CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Link is from 2 years ago?
Here’s a more recent one that looks like they’ve just copied from the link I put up

So, your guess is as good as mine. I was just responding to the comment that we’d be fucked if we don’t go up this season, it’s too hot to care.

He’s a you g footballer who wanted to play football but isn’t playing football.
Not everything needs writing down on social media!
Do you think he’s not going to play football next season? Don’t you think he’s going to be a first teamer? Of course he is.

Not sure why Arsenal seem to think we have been renamed Bargain Bin FC.

If you can't afford it shops elsewhere.

Don't go to Waitrose with your Aldi Budget and expect to come out with a full bag.

Rambo keen on the move according to The Times. Not surprised, solid PL club with a reasonable chance of silverware at some point.

Got to be north of £30m though for me, £25m sounds light.

How would the “times” know he is interested, did they just nip into the teams hotel for a chat, phone him up between training sessions or send him a text. Some of the crap that gets reported is a joke, yes sometimes agents plot moves and salary increases but only 2/3 days ago did Ramsdale commit himself to us for this season at least; saying that he wanted to help us back into the premiership.

Last edited:
What makes you say that? Are you mates with new manager? Where is that reported?
Who do you think is going to play, Moose and Billy?
😂
He’s either going to play or we’ll sell a £20m asset. There isn’t a £10m asset we wouldn’t sell if they aren’t going to play, nevermind doh or that. Simply put he won’t need to kick off to get a move if he isn’t in the managers plans.
You got anything to support your view that he’s looking to force a move? Anything at all?

Who do you think is going to play, Moose and Billy?
😂
He’s either going to play or we’ll sell a £20m asset. There isn’t a £10m asset we wouldn’t sell if they aren’t going to play, nevermind doh or that. Simply put he won’t need to kick off to get a move if he isn’t in the managers plans.
You got anything to support your view that he’s looking to force a move? Anything at all?
Proper keyboard warrior you ain’t you. You have literally contradicted yourself twice now

Re-read what I actually said and come back.

In fact don’t

Proper keyboard warrior you ain’t you. You have literally contradicted yourself twice now

Re-read what I actually said and come back.

In fact don’t
I think he may force a move if he is so frustrated/unhappy, as most employees would do.
No warrior attitude here, if anything you’re being the aggressive grumpy one.
You said that you think he may force a move.
The question remains what makes you think that as there’s nothing to suggest he would as the facts don’t support why he would need to?
Please enlighten us as to why you believe he would act so unprofessionally when he’s only acted professionally so far according to all comments coming out the club.

I suppose the board may be looking at it as they brought in verrips (not wilder) as a future replacement for dean but he got no game time. If verrips is ready now and they can flip ramsdale for 11m profit in a year then why not. Imo not bad business but I would rather not sell rammers, can think of 10+ players that should go before him

Surely they could get Henderson cheaper than that
A deal for Henderson would be a LOT more than for Ramsdale. As well as a higher fee (£40-50m), his current salary is x4 Ramsdale's and he'd seek ~£200k/week from a move. Extend that over 4-5 years and it's a big deal!

You'd also question whether Henderson would agree to the move. Arsenal are miles away from the top 4, never mind competing for the title. It would be a backwards step for him, especially as he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter unless Leno moves on.

If we received £30m for him then realistically we can replace Ramsdale in this division. Possibly Woodman? I just hope any money we receive is put back in to strengthening the team.

We have to be realistic, we got relegated, we have to raise money from player sales, it’s been intimated that’s needs to be around £40m so there are only two players in the squad who can get us to that value with a couple of sales and that’s Berge and Ramsdale. If Arsenal bid between £25m - £30m for Ramsdale then to Arsenal he will go.

It‘s unfortunate but that’s the way football works now. And with parachute payments we should be able to get a top half Championship quality keeper in, we aren’t going to be starting Fodders.

We have to be realistic, we got relegated, we have to raise money from player sales, it’s been intimated that’s needs to be around £40m so there are only two players in the squad who can get us to that value with a couple of sales and that’s Berge and Ramsdale. If Arsenal bid between £25m - £30m for Ramsdale then to Arsenal he will go.

It‘s unfortunate but that’s the way football works now. And with parachute payments we should be able to get a top half Championship quality keeper in, we aren’t going to be starting Fodders.
egan ?

If £30m for Ramsdale, do you not think we have one player besides Berge who we could get £10m for?

How would the “times” know he is interested, did they just nip into the teams hotel for a chat, phone him up between training sessions or send him a text. Some of the crap that gets reported is a joke, yes sometimes agents plot moves and salary increases but only 2/3 days ago did Ramsdale commit himself to us for this season at least; saying that he wanted to help us back into the premiership.

Ever heard of an agent ?

Sell Rammers for £35 Mill bring in Verrips is outstanding business

Yes Ramsdale has been great 2nd half of last season , but any goalkeeper that has the potential to be a bomb scare is not worth that much and we should be snapping there hand off for the right price

Jack Butland was the same age and arguably better when he was @ stoke in the Prem

Bet stoke wish they sold him after he went to Palace for a bag of chips and a curly wurly 2 years later

Are arsenal selling Leno? Or is ramsdale going there to compete with him? If its the latter, 1 I don't get why arsenal would spend £20m+ on a number 2 goalkeeper that might become number 1 when they've already got a very decent goalkeeper as it is. They need players in much different areas. Ben White I can understand because they need a centre half.

I'd be truly staggered if Ramsdale was sold over summer. The club have no need to sell and they should in fact earmark him as one to keep at all costs.

I must admit I was worried by his form at the start of last season but how he settled and developed to the extent that he's now in the England squad was incredibly impressive. Why would the club sell now unless of course they want/need the money to fund other signings (which we've been told is not the case) when his value is likely to only increase further.

If we didn't get relegated then we would have been building our team around a spine of Ramsdale, Berge and Brewster. All players under 24 who had room to improve get better as they got experience.

I think we will definitely lose one of either Ramsdale or Berge and possibly both.

That will push our average squad age up quite considerably unless we bring in some of our promising youth players.

A decision will need to also be made regarding Verrips as it's doubtful he will come back to be a back up keeper.

We are going to have to make some unpleasant decisions regarding players this summer I reckon.

if they offer a decent amount I’m sure he’d like the opportunity to go and play there. I’d like him to stay after he really kicked on towards the end of the season.

But there’s a situation where we make a profit and sign a bee gk for half the price abs aren’t much worse off if we use the difference on the improving the squad. It’s the same with berge as well unfortunately.

someone mention about but Danny ward might be a good shout if he wants to leave Leicester for some first team football.

Back
Top Bottom