Brian Deane interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hope people enjoyed this, I'd welcome any feedback and also any other players you'd like me to chat to?

There's a excellent interview with Brian on the club site today, sometimes you don't want to meet your heroes but he comes across as such a great guy.
A shame he's not involved with a club with what has to say.

Loved Deano, he used to go to Just Micro to buy games, me and my mates would be in there 'trying' games whilst wagging it. 🤣

If he's interested, get him involved with one of the clubs in the Blades World group. Maybe the French club. He's already dipped his toes in club management in Norway and I think he would have a lot to offer.

While on that point, what about adding a Scandinavian (Norwegian) club to the stable. Plenty of decent footballers from that part of the world.

I find him really boring to listen to, obviously a nice guy but not a great story teller. He’s my Blades hero as well, so I’m not ‘anti-Deano’ or anything.
Heresy. Deano is king.
Long live him I say. 🙄😂 He obviously hedges around the 2 departures from the Lane. His own wish to leave after 6 months that season is always glossed over.

Heresy. Deano is king.
Long live him I say. 🙄😂 He obviously hedges around the 2 departures from the Lane. His own wish to leave after 6 months that season is always glossed over.
One of my heroes as a kid and the main image I associate with early Blades fandom, just dull as dishwater 😂

There's a excellent interview with Brian on the club site today, sometimes you don't want to meet your heroes but he comes across as such a great guy.
A shame he's not involved with a club with what has to say.

For all the youngsters, when we had Deano in the early years of the Prem you went to places like Liverpool, Man United, Spurs etc and genuinely felt that he would cause them major, major problems. Maybe a reflection of the fact there was more competition across the league in those days, but it was a marvellous feeling.

Always struck me as a quiet, respectful and classy guy off the field. A hero to many a Blade. I know Henderson was a fantastic player for us and a great guy, but there’s only one “Deano” really.

For all the youngsters, when we had Deano in the early years of the Prem you went to places like Liverpool, Man United, Spurs etc and genuinely felt that he would cause them major, major problems. Maybe a reflection of the fact there was more competition across the league in those days, but it was a marvellous feeling.

Always struck me as a quiet, respectful and classy guy off the field. A hero to many a Blade. I know Henderson was a fantastic player for us and a great guy, but there’s only one “Deano”
Probably thought of by outsiders as a target man type striker but couldn't be any further from the truth, brilliant with the ball at his feet brilliant finisher and would often be out wide putting In fantastic crosses, that's how I remember him as a 8- 12 yr old lad , my absolute blades hero 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Back
Top Bottom