Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I do think that could increase interest from the Red Bull organisation to take him back under their wing.

I thought that as likely Nagelsmann will get the Bayern job so they'll probably move the coach over from Salzburg or even may get Blessin straight into the top job if they think he's good/ready enough.

I thought that as likely Nagelsmann will get the Bayern job so they'll probably move the coach over from Salzburg or even may get Blessin straight into the top job if they think he's good/ready enough.
Not sure why they’d parachute him in at the top. They’ve got lower level clubs, higher than he’s managing now, so why not continue to look after and monitor him away for a bit. He has only been in role for a year and they don’t need to take the risk. Unlike us.

Not sure why they’d parachute him in at the top. They’ve got lower level clubs, higher than he’s managing now, so why not continue to look after and monitor him away for a bit. He has only been in role for a year and they don’t need to take the risk. Unlike us.

That's why I put "may" mate although if you look at their manager history there's a lot on there that weren't even as qualified as Blessin eg the guy that went straight from the youth team to the full team.

I don't think they'd go for him but wouldn't rule it out.

You've literally no idea what's happening, you're just being impatient.

Happy to help you on this occasion, but I'll charge for future sessions.
Well now he has. This mornings Athletic article covers it in detail exactly what is going on and what's caused the delays, if AdamSufc1997 is really interested he can have a read.

No, just an article today saying that Blessin has made a big impact this season and that he is on top of many lists both in Belgium and abroad. He reacted that he is only concentrating on Oostende in their battle for a European ticket. There is some money behind Oostende and if they qualify for Euopean football he may stay.
Oostende drew today meaning they failed to qualify for UEFA Cup?

Oostende drew today meaning they failed to qualify for UEFA Cup?
They split the league and go into Championship & Europa playoffs don't they? I can never get my head around European league structures. PurpleRain will know better.

No they still have a chance, numbers 5 to 8 also play play-offs and the winner can qualify for Europe. If a team in the top 4 wins the cup then it is a direct ticket for Europe, otherwise number 5 has to play number 4 for the remaining ticket.
When are the play offs?

No they still have a chance, numbers 5 to 8 also play play-offs and the winner can qualify for Europe. If a team in the top 4 wins the cup then it is a direct ticket for Europe, otherwise number 5 has to play number 4 for the remaining ticket.
I see Standard Liege (6th place) play Genk (4th place) in the cup final next week

Well now he has. This mornings Athletic article covers it in detail exactly what is going on and what's caused the delays, if AdamSufc1997 is really interested he can have a read.
Nice, ta. Haven't touched my Athletic subscription for months... I may (or may not) read this!

Nice, ta. Haven't touched my Athletic subscription for months... I may (or may not) read this!
Nice article and well written but doesn't say anything we don't know. Just United have looked at lot's of managers and still could be anyone from Blessin to Appleton

Nice article and well written but doesn't say anything we don't know. Just United have looked at lot's of managers and still could be anyone from Blessin to Appleton
It mentioned upto 20 odd managers under consideration, due diligence now being completed on each to ensure once we’ve identified who we want we move quickly and get it done within a day or so. But they won’t be rushed from doing their checks to ensure we get the right man.

It mentioned upto 20 odd managers under consideration, due diligence now being completed on each to ensure once we’ve identified who we want we move quickly and get it done within a day or so. But they won’t be rushed from doing their checks to ensure we get the right man.

It’s far more comprehensive than that, also covering the player sales but I don’t think it’s right to share verbatim. Good journalism costs. They do free trails so you ought to have a look and see if it’s worth a couple of quid a week to you. Given the summer we’re likely to have I reckon it’ll be well worth it and that’s just for the SUFC content.

It’s far more comprehensive than that, also covering the player sales but I don’t think it’s right to share verbatim. Good journalism costs. They do free trails so you ought to have a look and see if it’s worth a couple of quid a week to you. Given the summer we’re likely to have I reckon it’ll be well worth it and that’s just for the SUFC content.
The Athletic dont know anymore than us or other journalists
Just thrashing around to keep your subscription.
Arabs are good at subtifuge

The Athletic dont know anymore than us or other journalists
Just thrashing around to keep your subscription.
Arabs are good at subtifuge
Sorry the last line is lost on me, but the technical breakdown of games and ability to discuss tactics at the level they do is unsurpassed. They certainly know more than most on here given the guff that gets posted and clamber for this side to play 4-4-2.
They also seem to have an in road with the board and get information from that side which again is more than most, Biggs was crying about it on national radio and James Shield wrote a mardy piece bemoaning it, and again certainly more than on here.
It’s journalism, it’s from a certain viewpoint but it’s information that is of interest.

Sorry the last line is lost on me, but the technical breakdown of games and ability to discuss tactics at the level they do is unsurpassed. They certainly know more than most on here given the guff that gets posted and clamber for this side to play 4-4-2.
They also seem to have an in road with the board and get information from that side which again is more than most, Biggs was crying about it on national radio and James Shield wrote a mardy piece bemoaning it, and again certainly more than on here.
It’s journalism, it’s from a certain viewpoint but it’s information that is of interest.

You work/write for Athletic don't ya 😉 dont deny it

Thanks Bob, agree that it's not right to rip the content and share. I'll have a shufty :)

Is this list just who we want,or who we want and who wants us?

Well I suppose in a way,the leaked stories about what financial/player recruitment conditions the new guy will be expected to adhere to next season is good,as it will enable us to rattle quickly through the names most likely at the top of the list to get to the more realistic ones who are not averse to working like that.

Back
Top Bottom