The Pink Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's be honest if we're looking for an unlucky kit it's surely them red and white stripes!

Oh for fuck's sake do I need to type that was a JOKE !!!??????
I actually think the seasons where we’ve had white as the dominant colour we’ve been much more submissive

I’m basing this on the Adkins season and this season. So it’s basically fact

Home kit - broad red and white stripes for shirt (thin black stripes between red and white stripes permitted), black shorts (white also permitted) white socks (red or black also permitted).

1st Away kit - Yellow with red trim shirt, black or white shorts, yellow or black/white socks.

2nd Away kit - all white (with red trim) or black shirts, white or black shorts (red permitted), socks same colour as either the shirt or the shorts.

3rd option for away kit - all purple like the Beerschot shirt.

It's not fucking difficult United.

Personally, I'd swap your 2nd away kit with your 1st but what really annoys me is that we don't use the red and white striped kit wherever possible. It's who we are.

Personally, I'd swap your 2nd away kit with your 1st but what really annoys me is that we don't use the red and white striped kit wherever possible. It's who we are.
Yes yes yes a million times. just wear the fucking stripes unless it's absolutely not possible.

Strange how you hardly ever see anyone wearing it.
Go on a park where kids train and there are tonnes of kids wearing it, same with a holiday football school my lad did last week, tonnes of kids had them on. It might just be because it's pink and it stands out but I notice a lot more of these than any of the other kits we've had in recent years.

Adults shouldn't wear football shirts anyway unless it's fancy dress or they're playing football so if you see one just have a word with them and let them know.

Home kit - broad red and white stripes for shirt (thin black stripes between red and white stripes permitted), black shorts (white also permitted) white socks (red or black also permitted).

1st Away kit - Yellow with red trim shirt, black or white shorts, yellow or black/white socks.

2nd Away kit - all white (with red trim) or black shirts, white or black shorts (red permitted), socks same colour as either the shirt or the shorts.

Not sure why you chose White Shorts with a Yellow Shirt?

My preference is Red Trim on Yellow:

1618829572907.png1618829581242.png1618829589630.png

And Black Trim on White:

1618829654695.png1618829736120.png1618829772412.png

HOME:
Red/White Shirt
Black Shorts
White or Black Socks

AWAY:
Yellow Shirt, red trim
Yellow or Red Shorts
Yellow Socks

3RD:
White Shirt, Black Trim
White Shorts, Black Trim
White Socks

That pink kit is the worst ever and I have been a Blade since 1957. bring back the early seventies kit. the best kit in my humble opinion.
Purple and gold. Not just our worst kit, one of the worst kits I've ever seen. I don't mind the pink one, but nobody sane liked the purple and gold one.

That pink kit is the worst ever and I have been a Blade since 1957. bring back the early seventies kit. the best kit in my humble opinion.
In the nicest possible way I don't think the target market for this seasons' away shirt is Blades who've been following us since 1957. Any kids I've spoken to about it love it and they are the ones whose parents buy them.

The club needs to understand the distinction between a shirt designed to be worn for a football match and a fashion top. Stripes aren't good as a fashion item so for those strange people who like to wear football shirts when they go shopping a plain top is better and the neon colours aren't great. Pink is great for fashion, I'd say the green one too. White possibly, as long as it's opaque enough so you don't see some fat bloke's nipples through it. Then you only need one away strip for football, which could be neon or anything really. The problem is that fans want to see the shirt they've bought worn during a game.

The club needs to understand the distinction between a shirt designed to be worn for a football match and a fashion top. Stripes aren't good as a fashion item so for those strange people who like to wear football shirts when they go shopping a plain top is better and the neon colours aren't great. Pink is great for fashion, I'd say the green one too. White possibly, as long as it's opaque enough so you don't see some fat bloke's nipples through it. Then you only need one away strip for football, which could be neon or anything really. The problem is that fans want to see the shirt they've bought worn during a game.
Trying to get inside the psyche of grown humans who wear football kits as fashion items is probably a dangerous place to try and go.

You're in the wrong game mate. One of the Mrs' mates is it freelancer and designs some of the pig kits (or did do last time I heard anything). He's pretty shit at his job as they're always Blue and White and look shit with a stupid badge on them. I'll get his number and you can give him some tips.

You're in the wrong game mate. One of the Mrs' mates is it freelancer and designs some of the pig kits (or did do last time I heard anything). He's pretty shit at his job as they're always Blue and White and look shit with a stupid badge on them. I'll get his number and you can give him some tips.

Get me the job designing their kits. I'm not fussy 🤣

Do you work for Umbro?

I get it ,I know it's all about getting income for the club.
But the shirt proclaims who it is you support, or at least it used to. and while I admit there aren't many other clubs that I know of who wear pink. in fact, off the top of my head I can't think of one.
Without the badge on it outside of Sheffield, who the hell is going to know who it is you support, so what's the point.?
Unless you don't want other people to know of course ........ :tumbleweed:

Last edited:
I get it ,I know it's all about getting income for the club.
But the shirt proclaims who it is you support, or at least it used to. and while I admit there aren't many other clubs that I know of who wear pink. in fact, off the top of my head I can't think of one.
Without the badge on it outside of Sheffield, who the hell is going to know who it is you support, so what's the point.?
Unless you don't want other people to know of course ........ :tumbleweed:

In the last couple of seasons there've been plenty of pink kits. Leicester had one last season, Man U had one a couple of seasons ago, Real Madrid and Barcelona did too.

Bournemouth had a neon pink kit a couple of years ago, QPR, Boca Juniors, and Everton had one about 10 years ago. They're not that rare, there's usually at least one team a season, though that doesn't stop it being a bit crap obviously.

I'd just rather we play in our established away colours, or a fluorescent one.

Back
Top Bottom