Sheffield United vs Southend United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SOUTD
SOUTD
SOUTD
Status
Ratings for this match closed

Comments

Echo comments that have already been made. Sammon & Done should have replaced Sharp & Adams. If Baxter consistently played like he did yesterday, we would have one problem solved. Would seriously look at playing Collins up front, that was a cool finish yesterday. I cannot see what improvement, swapping Harris for Wallace has made.

Apart from Baxter who was easily out MOTM no one had a consistent 90 minutes. Toss up between Long, Collins, Hammond, and Adams for worst player on the day

Feel sorry for Sharpy again covered all the pitch from left/right wings to Midfield. If only he stayed up front and purely bog lined and didn't have to do other peoples jobs. Him and Baxter were diamonds floating in a sea of shit yesterday.

sharp needs to stay in the middle doing feck all out wide motm for me was bash covered well for the slow Collins Hammond is he really a prem player ?

Hammond steadily improving game by game according to our ratings! Adams needs a rest. Do we have a big problem with Done. Sammon and Woolford under-employed. Edgar back soon. Reed must be cheesed off. Too many players, not enough in form.

Very disheartened, especially by Adkins comments post match. Hammond is NOT fit and adds nothing to this squad. He was the best player on the park (for Southend). My 15 year old grandson, who like me is a season ticket holder says he doesn't want to go to the next match (and maybe the one after that, etc). Very sad.

MOTM for effort was Sharp but can't score of late. Baxter worked hard and showed touches of class, Coutts playing better than ever. Hammond getting fitter but no better. Windy conditions caused Long's unlucky punch.

Long was practicing punches because of gusting winds in pre-match warm up. This is not the normal routine so was aware that it could cause problems so as to be prepared for the eventuality. No help from midfield to clear George's punch, Their player seemed unchallenged or unhurried before shooting.. Not enough use of subs despite tiring or injured forwards.

If Hammond is the one supposing "breaking down the play" why was both he and Coutts marking blades of grass in the middle of the park when Southend was on the attack... if he is the one that is supposed to be ticking things over in the middle why so many poor passes...

Having hit the woodwork three times I suppose I've got to say we were unlucky. Overall though, for me, it simply wasn't good enough. Good on old Collins for grabbing a goal on his 200th appearance.

that must be the most pedestrian midfield we have ever had,the fastest coutts ran was when he was substituted and hammond is 2 stone over weight.every team that comes to the lane over runs our midfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom