Gillingham vs Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GILLS
GILLS
GILLS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed

Comments

Freeman and Coutts stood out yesterday what an asset they could be if current for continues.
Thought Duffy did a lot better than many suggest as well, always busy and looking to attack. Not everything worked but I noticed that had more to do with other players miscontrolling his passes or missing the 1-2 with him. Admittedly he did stutter on a few things

Surprised with the ratings of Duffy and Lafferty I thought both were very poor, the only real negative of yesterday was their performances. Sharp gets a five off one person even though he created one goal and scored the other. Granted his overall performance was not fantastic but for me he can sit on halfway smoking a fag if he bags a goal and an assist every game.

Moore dropped a pretty straight forward cross, lined the wall up badly for their goal too.
Wright dropped a clanger when their man got through one on one.
Agree with Danny Boy re Duffy, Lafferty improved 2nd half.

This was the type of performance we were expecting from Wilder's team. It seems to be improving as the players get used to each other, understandable really.

Overall, that was a very good away performance and the win was fully deserved. Watched the match with a Gills supporter who acknowledged that we were the better side and deserved the win. Thought that Coutts and Freeman were men of the match, with Basham also playing well. The one on one save by Moore early on in the game probably saved the day. Billy was cool under pressure with the penalty.

Hopefully a sign of things to come. Liked the formation and the way we pressed was excellent. We also now have players fighting for positions in the first XI which is good.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom