Zivkovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I honestly dont get why the lad has not.been given a chance against Leicester and Everton it was clear we needed something different and he would have given us a chance I.M.O

For me issues with Zivkovic are the same as Mousset. We simply don't use a style of play to suit either of them. Our neat (albeit at times ponderous) style simply isn't suited to pacey forwards.

Both seem to be the Plan B when we are either losing towards the end of a match, and we expect them to unlock an oppositions sat back defense out of nothing. Or when we are winning towards the end of a game and we look to stretch the game by punting it into the channels.

For me both could be good players for us, but we just at the moment don't play a system that suits them.

I'd definitely start Zivkovic against Southampton, give him a proper run out and see what he can do.

I think David McGoldrick has been our best player since the restart but I think co-commentator Ally McCoist hit the nail squarely on the head. His comments bordered on the obvious but he touched on the fact that with Didzy spending so much time outside the box, it’s reducing our effectiveness in front of goal. Well against Everton I had to say this was true. I personally think now we’ve sort of got the measure of the Prem, we need to go back to having a permanent man in hole with 2 strikers up front......Didzy could be that man.

Love to see him get a start now that there's nothing to play for. Looks like he always wants the ball and runs his bollocks off when he's brought on. I could see him and McGoldrick making a decent partnership using Didzy's hold up play and passing and Zivkovic's pace to latch on to the end of some nice through balls. Thoughts?

He had three touches yesterday, not sure he’s done anything for a start.

For me issues with Zivkovic are the same as Mousset. We simply don't use a style of play to suit either of them. Our neat (albeit at times ponderous) style simply isn't suited to pacey forwards.

Both seem to be the Plan B when we are either losing towards the end of a match, and we expect them to unlock an oppositions sat back defense out of nothing. Or when we are winning towards the end of a game and we look to stretch the game by punting it into the channels.

For me both could be good players for us, but we just at the moment don't play a system that suits them.

I'd definitely start Zivkovic against Southampton, give him a proper run out and see what he can do.

TBF to be Mousset, when we had him firing on all cylinders he was brilliant. That was in the same team and system as now.

Why clamour to play a player who will be packing his bags and leaving us Sunday evening?

Another signing that was pointless, along with Retsos, Verrips, L Freeman.
How were they pointless? If we didn’t sign them and there was an injury/loss of form we would’ve been up the creek without a paddle

Is it just me that thinks he looks fast but really shit at football.
I don't really know what you've seen to form that opinion, hes only played more than 20 mins in one game for us, and that was against man united. We all know how that game went. The lad hasn't had any time on the pitch to show anything.

I don't really know what you've seen to form that opinion, hes only played more than 20 mins in one game for us, and that was against man united. We all know how that game went. The lad hasn't had any time on the pitch to show anything.
I haven't seen anything thats the point. Limited time I will accept but he can't be showing much in training either.

I’d like to see him given a start or at least a good 30 minutes against Southampton. All I’ve seen him do so far is run around. I couldn’t tell you anything about his heading, shooting or dribbling from his cameos so far

Would be amazed if he's here next season.
Not had a chance, which speaks volumes, and was playing in the backwater of China, says it all.

Would be amazed if he's here next season.
Not had a chance, which speaks volumes, and was playing in the backwater of China, says it all.

I suspect this will be the case. H ehas looked willing when he's come on but the fact he's basically 5th choice and gets 5-10 minutes says it all really. I've not seen anything from him which would make me think we should spend millions on him.

He had three touches yesterday, not sure he’s done anything for a start.
He's not had the opportunity to show us whether he's shit or brilliant. And 3 touches in 5 minutes isn't bad going

Back
Top Bottom