Zivkovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HackeyBlade

Reaction score
Love to see him get a start now that there's nothing to play for. Looks like he always wants the ball and runs his bollocks off when he's brought on. I could see him and McGoldrick making a decent partnership using Didzy's hold up play and passing and Zivkovic's pace to latch on to the end of some nice through balls. Thoughts?

I think he's worth trying for the start against Southampton. Everywhere I looked today Didzy was there couple it with Zivkos speed and enthusiasm right now it might be a good combo.

I won't lie I have been disappointed in how late he comes on to the game, I do wish we gave him more time.
He looks a good player.
My only criticism of Wilder is that I think he leaves it too late to make subs sometimes. The game today was crying out for him but instead we brought Billy on and gave him 5 minutes towards the end.

I think he's worth trying for the start against Southampton. Everywhere I looked today Didzy was there couple it with Zivkos speed and enthusiasm right now it might be a good combo.
Didzy has the footballing brain to see the runs being made, could be a revelation with Zivkovic making the runs behind defenders

My only criticism of Wilder is that I think he leaves it too late to make subs sometimes. The game today was crying out for him but instead we brought Billy on and gave him 5 minutes towards the end.
I didn't see this as a game for Billy. We needed help creating openings. That's not him.

He's the one when the game is open but we're struggling to take the chances.

I didn't see this as a game for Billy. We needed help creating openings. That's not him.

He's the one when the game is open but we're struggling to take the chances.
Agreed. Coupled with the fact they were constantly playing out from the back, needed someone with a bit of pace to be there to intercept some of the more risky passes

Agreed. Coupled with the fact they were constantly playing out from the back, needed someone with a bit of pace to be there to intercept some of the more risky passes

That's what I would love to see from our lads up front. Pace, head on attack and please for the love of God someone willing to have a pop from out the box. I know our style doesn't always allow for this but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I have a fear that the teams will figure us out by next season and find ways of dealing with us.

I would have put Clarke on and got the defence turned. It may seem a bit basic but the passing sideways/backwards never threatened them. Even just by lumping a few into the box and Clarke smashing a few on the ground we may have unsettled them. They had an easy night. Bringing Sharp on was the wrong move as we did not even get in the box at all.

That's what I would love to see from our lads up front. Pace, head on attack and please for the love of God someone willing to have a pop from out the box. I know our style doesn't always allow for this but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I have a fear that the teams will figure us out by next season and find ways of dealing with us.
Players such as Fleck and Norwood who have got a good shot on them look unwilling to have a pop at goal and I can't fathom why. We look so toothless up front it's worrying, we run down the flanks and then just stop as if they aren't sure of what to do next, which ends in either a very speculative ball in the box or all the way back to Henderson

i personally would like to see Hackford on the bench and given the 20 minutes at Southampton

Best kid we’ve had since Maguire. 16 year old lightening quick forward who has been training with the first team since he was 15. Made Garcia at city look like dog shit when he played against him. Hence why city are now on his trail.

Best kid we’ve had since Maguire. 16 year old lightening quick forward who has been training with the first team since he was 15. Made Garcia at city look like dog shit when he played against him. Hence why city are now on his trail.
I'd be cautious of putting him in too early. Also think it would be very unfair to put him in when we haven't had a proper look at Zivko

Start him and McB against Southampton and see how they get on. He looks to have something about him, but it's hard to judge with a few minutes here and there.

Totally agree Zivkovic has not had any chance at all to impact a game.

Should have been given at least 30 mins in the game yesterday evening as it was clear that we wouldn't score in a month of Sundays unless something changed rapidly.

Totally agree Zivkovic has not had any chance at all to impact a game.

Should have been given at least 30 mins in the game yesterday evening as it was clear that we wouldn't score in a month of Sundays unless something changed rapidly.
With the amount of risky balls they were playing out from the back we were crying out for pace to put them under pressure and force errors and Zivko should have been on to do exactly that, not the last 5 minutes where the heads had already completely dropped

With the amount of risky balls they were playing out from the back we were crying out for pace to put them under pressure and force errors and Zivko should have been on to do exactly that, not the last 5 minutes where the heads had already completely dropped

Totally agree also thought we were crying out for him against Leicester too.

Am I right in thinking that I read Zivko and Retsos were told they wouldn't be offered a permanent contract? Or was that just Retsos?

Along with Ravel Morison this signing didn't make a lot of sense to me.
His career seems likely to end up just like Ravel's, he's had a lot of chances at sides, but he's always been a talented youngster that just never seems to get anywhere.

Retsos seems to be an unfortunate victim of Blades success.
Had the season fizzled out early, and Blades not been challenging for Europe, I would've expected to see him put in the side instead of Basham, to see whether or not Wilder fancied him as his replacement.

Players such as Fleck and Norwood who have got a good shot on them look unwilling to have a pop at goal and I can't fathom why. We look so toothless up front it's worrying, we run down the flanks and then just stop as if they aren't sure of what to do next, which ends in either a very speculative ball in the box or all the way back to Henderson

Because we don't have anyone on the pitch who has the skill or courage to run at a player, dribble past them, and let fly at goal. I thought Mousset was going to be that player, but he obviously isn't.

We need to change things up a bit along that front line. Please don't tell me we don't play wingers, because whether we call the person a "winger" or a wide attacking midfield player is irrelevant. We need pace and dribbling skills to open up teams that hold on to the ball and are content to move it sideways and backwards all evening.

Love to see him get a start now that there's nothing to play for. Looks like he always wants the ball and runs his bollocks off when he's brought on. I could see him and McGoldrick making a decent partnership using Didzy's hold up play and passing and Zivkovic's pace to latch on to the end of some nice through balls. Thoughts?

I don’t think we have seen him enough to even really comment whether he is good or bad. CW sees him everyday and feels his role Is what it is.The really good players don’t sit on the bench for long. Eg Fleck has come on twice as the first sub because he’s the best one on there.

I would love to see Zivkovic get a decent go on the pitch.
The fact that he hasn’t had a decent go tells me CWAK have already come to a decision. Hackford is the real deal and future.

Along with Ravel Morison this signing didn't make a lot of sense to me.
His career seems likely to end up just like Ravel's, he's had a lot of chances at sides, but he's always been a talented youngster that just never seems to get anywhere.

Retsos seems to be an unfortunate victim of Blades success.
Had the season fizzled out early, and Blades not been challenging for Europe, I would've expected to see him put in the side instead of Basham, to see whether or not Wilder fancied him as his replacement.
If Bash does go, as rumours may suggest, then there is still a chance that we might bring Retsos back.

I think his departure was more about money than anything else and the departure of our no6 would leave a gap that needs plugging and funds will have to be found for it.

If Bash does go, as rumours may suggest, then there is still a chance that we might bring Retsos back.

I think his departure was more about money than anything else and the departure of our no6 would leave a gap that needs plugging and funds will have to be found for it.

I don't think we were prepared to pay the fee agreed to keep him due to the change in financial circumstances. Not sure a move for Retsos at a lower price is off the table though and probably depends on some players leaving first.

Back
Top Bottom