CONFIRMED Richairo Zivkovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seems to be a done deal if you look at his last Instagram pic comments.
Dutch people wishing him well at the blades etc...

Put someone like this lad with that pace up against defences of the likes of Brighton and Burnley and I can see him missing at least 10 one on ones per match.

Where are the folks from the new song department when they are needed? Come on chaps, "Richairo Juliano Živković" - piece of piss putting that to music, surely?

Where are the folks from the new song department when they are needed? Come on chaps, "Richairo Juliano Živković" - piece of piss putting that to music, surely?

We’re looking abroad
We’re looking abroad
From Zivkovic
To Mo Besic
We’re looking abroad

Yeah yeah, I know that we got Besic from Everton. Don’t @ me!

According to Wikipedia, he can represent a number of countries:

Through his parents he is eligible to represent Serbia (and also Montenegro), Curaçao or the Netherlands, as of yet he has not represented either nation at the senior level, but he has appeared in the Dutch youth national team system.

A Curacao international sounds quality! Reminds me of Georges Santos representing the Cape Verde Islands! SANTOS, SANTOS, SANTOS!

According to Wikipedia, he can represent a number of countries:

Through his parents he is eligible to represent Serbia (and also Montenegro), Curaçao or the Netherlands, as of yet he has not represented either nation at the senior level, but he has appeared in the Dutch youth national team system.

A Curacao international sounds quality! Reminds me of Georges Santos representing the Cape Verde Islands! SANTOS, SANTOS, SANTOS!
Sounds like a load of BOLS to me!

Because it's an unnecessary spend and new player integration given our comfortable position for someone who probably won't get on the pitch?

I might have different thoughts if it was someone who'd be a strong alternative to Mousset.

And Leon is still under rated. He's still in decent shape and knows how to cause defenders problems. And he's earned his place here.

I'm with you on this one Ricky; it's clear we need another striker with the same profile as Mousset - someone with pace to stretch high lines and give us a bit of an outlet when Mousset isn't on the pitch.
I'm sure we all hoped Robinson would do that job, but we obviously overestimated his pace, and he hasn't really been an effective alternative.

I'm not entirely convinced by the idea of letting Robinson go without a replacement, but if said replacement doesn't have the tools to replicate Mousset's game, I agree that we should keep our money in our pocket.

I'm with you on this one Ricky; it's clear we need another striker with the same profile as Mousset - someone with pace to stretch high lines and give us a bit of an outlet when Mousset isn't on the pitch.
I'm sure we all hoped Robinson would do that job, but we obviously overestimated his pace, and he hasn't really been an effective alternative.

I'm not entirely convinced by the idea of letting Robinson go without a replacement, but if said replacement doesn't have the tools to replicate Mousset's game, I agree that we should keep our money in our pocket.
Zivkovic is in my opinion, a direct mould of moose. He's absolutely rapid (if I'm honest, I'd say he's faster than moose) tricky, has a decent shot at times. Personally think we're getting a bargain here, especially once he's had some training with the backroom staff. Think he can be quite potent given the right training.

Zivkovic is in my opinion, a direct mould of moose. He's absolutely rapid (if I'm honest, I'd say he's faster than moose) tricky, has a decent shot at times. Personally think we're getting a bargain here, especially once he's had some training with the backroom staff. Think he can be quite potent given the right training.

I agree.

Looking at the videos of him available online, he doesn't have the strength or build of Moose, but as you mention, appears to be potentially faster. Not like for like, but they will both be able to the same job.

I'd be pleased with this signing as he looks a work in progress and looks very quick.

I've thought for a while this season that we lose a lot of our attacking threat if we don't have Mooses speed up top, as it allows the opposition defence to feel comfortable and push on to our midfield making it all very congested. Example being Watford at home who were more than comfortable with us, until we put Moose on with his pace, and within 1 minute we had nearly scored after he ran down the wing and crossed it for Fleck. After that Watfords defence dropped back and we had them on the ropes.

It's not all about pace up top in the PL, but it certainly helps to have that option, and we need an alternative for Mooses afterburners.

Can't understand the negativity towards this
Look at what wolves have done with traore and in so many games this season we've lost any attacking threat once moose has done his stint

Think its fantastic to see the work the recruitment staff have been putting in and these targets remind me very much of last seasons in regards being what we need to push on from an already good ( understatement )foundation for the season

We have to start taking a chance on these types of players, we can't forever rely on the English Leagues. OK, he might be a Luton Shelton or an Ahmed Fathi but he might also be a gem in the making.

Also gives Moose the motivation to sort his fitness out.
He will know he’s quite unique here, but it must be very frustrating for the manager that he isn’t up to 90 minutes and struggles with the pressing element of the game.
A super fit Moose would be some player...so having another one in to push him for the speed merchant role might make him knuckle down and perhaps get himself over to Dubai post season so he is well ahead for pre season (like Lunny, Baldock and JOC did if I recall correctly)

Yep. But doesn't mean he can't have a positive impact from the bench.
He was laughable when he came on against Liverpool (I know it’s Liverpool but that’s the type of defender he’ll be facing week in week out)

Rather take a gamble which, let’s face it is gonna cost us next to fuck all. If he’s shit we can just cut the loan off early.

Wasn't he the Dutch Walcott - a 'wonderkid' who turned out to be really quick and not much else?

10:12

BLADES CLOSE IN ON NEW SIGNING
Sheffield United
are closing in on a deal to sign Dutch striker Richairo Zivkovic.
Chris Wilder, who this morning allowed Callum Robinson to join West Brom on loan until the end of the season, has been looking to add some more pace to his attacking options.
The Changchun Yatai forward is expected to join on an initial loan, although the final details of the move are still being finalised with his Chinese club.

I would have thought that even if it's just a loan that if he does well we'll be in pole position to sign him in the longer term. As others have said, in that last 30 minutes when we need a change and a like for like injection of pace for the Moose, then this guy could be the man. Also Robinson hasn't convinced and letting him go would leave us short of options so this seems a great option till the summer when we can decide whether he's worth keeping and presumably paying a fee.

Back
Top Bottom