Youth on the bench

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CopenhagenBlade

Reaction score
I’m a bit confused by the use of youth team players in the match day squad. It seems as they get one chance and then are never seen again. Most notably is Hackford, who even got on the pitch against Palace and did ok but since then , nowhere to be seen. Surely, when we are not filling the bench and they were deemed good enough once then they should be given more opportunities to be part of the squad?

Wilder said its all about bubbles.
They can't easily get games in 23s if brought into match squad bubble.
What the hell has Michael Jackson's monkey got to do with our subs bench.....the world's gone made godamit

Reactions: Dkc
I think the U23’s are playing on Thursday afternoon at BDTBL, so presumably that would prevent those involved from being on the bench tonight?

Another one for you, young Frankie Maguire makes the bench tonight. Highly doubt he will feature though.

What the hell has Michael Jackson's monkey got to do with our subs bench.....the world's gone made godamit
I'd be a bit worried about having a chimp on the bench. He would be an absolute nightmare if he had to come on and defend a corner*.

1612971487050.png

*Feel free to add your own jokes about him being better than Ramsdale.

This is the problem you see, if all of our players were perfect there would be no room for improvement would there........ 🥴

Wilder said its all about bubbles.
They can't easily get games in 23s if brought into match squad bubble.
Doesn’t that work both ways through? Maguire played for the under 23s two days ago.

Back
Top Bottom