Your favourite commentary moment.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pilley-Blade

Reaction score
Passing some time on the way to the game. Me and the daughter were remembering our favourite commentary moments. Really got me mind going back to some classics old and not so old:

'Rolled for Fleck to hit it ....'
'That mans left foot is magic'
'That's the one'
'Jageilka cracks it... oooh!'
'Basham arriving'

What other classics get the goosebumps going?
Just for fun.

Passing some time on the way to the game. Me and the daughter were remembering our favourite commentary moments. Really got me mind going back to some classics old and not so old:

'Rolled for Fleck to hit it ....'
'That mans left foot is magic'
'That's the one'
'Basham arriving'

What other classics get the goosebumps going?
Just for fun.

“Ohhhhhhh! Michael Brown. With. A. Stunnnnner!”

Non blades for me:
"Interesting. Oh! Very interesting!"
And "Look at his face, just look at his face!"

But the all time classic has to be David Coleman's

"Charltaaaaaarn. 1-0"

What I also miss is the crackly phone line you'd get when games were played abroad. It just added to any commentary and gave a sense of battles on far off fields. Wish they'd add that feature to Champion's League games!

Lineker calling us "Sheffield Wednesday" on MOTD last week takes some beating 😂😂😂😂😂

And just for that, Linekar will forever be a jug-eared, shitlining cunt.

Fucking Sheffield Wednes ... United, indeed. He does know they are top of the league, doesn't he? The league that MotD doesn't bother about.

pommpey

Non blades for me:

"Charltaaaaaarn. 1-0"

What I also miss is the crackly phone line you'd get when games were played abroad. It just added to any commentary and gave a sense of battles on far off fields. Wish they'd add that feature to Champion's League games!

Not just me then! The “phone line” commentary made it sound really exotic.

I liked the goal at the pigs, the free kick. Commentator said something along the lines of "I hope its worth the wait" 5 seconds later... "Rolled for fleck to hit it..." (you know the rest)

Also the one on Radio Sheffield in 2003, against Leeds in the cup, 1-0 down, 2-1 in the last 2 minutes, "my voice has gone, and i don't care"

next line in this... Phil Jageilka with a NET BUSTER :)
The commentary of the 2-1 victory over Leeds in the Worthington Cup with two injury time goals takes some beating
and linked to the footage, rather than listening to John Helm faking it, make this one of the greatest youtubes of all time for me. (from 40 seconds on, anyway) but the 1mins 57 onwards. I'll never ever tire of watching. Perhaps shouldn't have looked for it, as already watching again. 'Unbelieveable' (as the next morning picked up on) 😂 😂

Last edited:
Non blades for me:

"Charltaaaaaarn. 1-0"

also when you watch old games on youtube, I forget how little the commentators spoke. Was MUCH better then. We had that annoying woman for Bournemouth. It's just talking for the sake of it most of the time IMO. I'd rather hear the atmos (saying that there isn't much in the prem. I've never heard a Man City song whilst watching MOTD or Sky. Spoiled brats)

"And the history makers become the century breakers, at Bramall Lane"

"John Fleck controls it, beats his man and its in... Sheffield United with the dream finish, to seal automatic promotion from league one"

Possibly the best quotes from our league one season

The commentary of the 2-1 victory over Leeds in the Worthington Cup with two injury time goals takes some beating

I watch that particular clip on YouTube from time to time and it's great medicine for getting when one is feeling down. Best listening to it with headphones on and slightly louder than normal.

One of the best commentaries ever.

One of the best comments must be from Colin Murray on the EFL show.

Murray said “Chris Wilder isn’t turning turning water into wine.......he’s currently turning water into champaign”.

Back
Top Bottom