Would you be happy helping Wednesday out?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Been talk of the Prem taking out a huge loan to distribute to the "lower" league teams to help them through the crisis. This would enable "lower" league clubs like our neighbours to take money from the "ELITE" league and come to some pay back payment arrangement in the future. I personally would love to see them crawling on their knees for some dosh. Of course it wouldn't be from us personally but can you imagine the fun we would have throwing this at them. "We saved your arse".

I can't see how many of the huge loss making championship clubs can survive without premier league bail outs.

How shit could this season possibly be? Our best season in modern history, potential (likely) european qualification, shit loads of cash and exposure whilst the pigs were in danger of points deduction, relegation and total obscurity.

Until the football gods struck!

How shit could this season possibly be? Our best season in modern history, potential (likely) european qualification, shit loads of cash and exposure whilst the pigs were in danger of points deduction, relegation and total obscurity.

Until the football gods struck!

Tis the United way.

We've had very nice things for three and a half years uninterrupted. It's only fair we get a kick in the teeth to level things out a bit.

Seems like the mistake was made back when the Premier League became an entity distinct from the EFL.

I'm not opposed to the principle of money from the top being used to help those at the bottom. I wouldn't make it about Wednesday if what we'd really be doing was helping out clubs much lower down the tiers but I'd need to know a lot more about what specifically was being proposed to take an actual stance on it.

Remember that joke from years ago?
Pick a window...

That will be it won't it. Pigs lent Championship money, get relegated, get re promoted because 5 champ teams went bust.

I say yes lend money if a club has a plan, don't lend if fraudulent and going out of business anyway. No money until any outstanding disputes are resolved.

Given the choice of a 20minute tram journey or a 10hour round trip risking life and limb to some southern shanty town then Rotherham, Doncaster and both north and south Barnsley, can have a helping hand to the Prem for me.

So it is a loan? Just asking to confirm.....no freebies, no undetermined dates when the money is to be repaid, strict conditions that need the whip hand of the EFL to validate, then ensure, the obligation is upheld. What penalties are to be imposed on Champ, Div 1 or 2 clubs if they don't repay as they've agreed to? I don't want to create conditions that effectively kill off any club, but I do want a reasonable set of rules that allow clubs to continue whilst upholding any debts they have.

Regarding the present and future of the S6 paupers, as much as I enjoy the banter, even the delusion, that emanates from the 'Dickensian' side of town, I wouldn't want them to go under, just maybe another relegation, then followed by another, until they have neck ache from looking up the league tables and realising the extent of their predicament.

The pigs are used to being sold, so the best they can hope for is a new owner who actually knows what they're doing, at least that's a first step...then they'll need a manager capable of reassembling their squad - it'll mean losing most, if not all, of their current squad, but such is life - ah, life is about to get a whole deal more miserable than it already is, but it's an accident that's been waiting to happen for many years, and it took the Thai 'Arthur Daley' to bring about the chaos and nightmare that has become endemic at the Sty. Chancer was the basket case they deserved, and how they've bent over again and again to receive his offerings, such is the 'generosity' of silly-bollocks as he tore into them and relieved them of their money. The single most worrying thing is that they appear to have learnt not a thing regarding the incompetency of their owner, they just return over and over, as if possessed of a masochistic desire for punishment. Well they've not been disappointed, the pain just keeps on coming, as do the pleas of ol' Chancer to continue coughing up the hard earned pennies that the S6 Massive imagine is spent 'wisely'...what a fucking mockery of decent people that is!

Last edited:
Given the choice of a 20minute tram journey or a 10hour round trip risking life and limb to some southern shanty town then Rotherham, Doncaster and both north and south Barnsley, can have a helping hand to the Prem for me.
Bit of an ironic post given the events of the tram journey that did risk life and limb and the location you end up at visiting Wednesday.

Would I help out Wendy.........wait for it.............................................................................................,,,NO CHANCE!!!!!!!...,,,,..,.....,,,,,

It's a NO from me
Not Championship clubs

Too many clubs have gambled & lost,
c'est la vie,
they've tossed the dice & lost, ...........................................................tough,

Maybe non-league

If they were so broke that they were playing in the local park, I wouldn’t even lend em my coat for a goal post.

Why would my hard earned cash go into paying for one of their overpaid underperforming players? A bonkers suggestion rewarding incompetence and greed..

Back
Top Bottom