Worst away ground for results whilst supporting blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeTillIDie

Reaction score
Mine has to be Coventry and strongly followed by Forest at my age of 26!
Jesus I've been to Coventry away three times and seen 3 losses..
First time in 2006 with Warnock I remember McSheffrey and Adebola tearing us apart. (promotion season I think)
Second time with Clough at Northamptons ground and I think we lost 1-0 Jim O'brien in an awful game.
Third time was the worst under Adkins where we lost about 3-1, it was end of the season and alot of fans were angry.

Forest away I've been three times and seen two losses and one draw.

Would like to hear yours :D

Think we managed a point on my ninth visit to the Baseball Ground when Deano scored in the top flight. Up to then 0 out of 8 (including a cup exit). Conceded lots of goals too.
Did win next time out when Carl Veart scored if I remember correctly, wearing the yellow and purple jesters kit.

Mine has to be Coventry and strongly followed by Forest at my age of 26!
Jesus I've been to Coventry away three times and seen 3 losses..
First time in 2006 with Warnock I remember McSheffrey and Adebola tearing us apart. (promotion season I think)
Second time with Clough at Northamptons ground and I think we lost 1-0 Jim O'brien in an awful game.
Third time was the worst under Adkins where we lost about 3-1, it was end of the season and alot of fans were angry.

Forest away I've been three times and seen two losses and one draw.

Would like to hear yours :D

Having only bothered to go to Coventry once I have excellent memories, I even got a hand on Katchuro's shirt until it was snatched from my finger tips.

Wembley wins hands down for obvious reasons.

Preston has been a pretty unlucky ground for me.

I usually found the better the drinking beforehand the worse the result.

Derby for me, it must have taken at least half a dozen visits before I saw us get anything other than being beaten.
I think the first time I saw us get anything there was that first away match of the first division under Basset when Deane scored a late equaliser in front of our fans.

Been to Stevenage twice and not seen a single goal, two 0-0's.

I wasn't there for the 4-0 defeat though so every cloud and all that

New Wembley!
I've never walked out a happy chap, although i enjoyed the Hull game for a short period, we never even showed up against Burnley, we were so bad it looked like Kenny had been out drinking all day with the rest of us!, oh and the Simmenson penalty!!! I'm so hoping we don't end up there come May, not sure I can take another coach journey back, pissed and depressed!!!

Dorwich....we got trashed 4-0 and me and my mate had been down east coast and timed it to see the blades at carrow road..., was a fooking pillar in our way and snotty tractor boy mk2 shitward steward wouldn't let us ferking move to some empty seats just below......the result didn't help either...

Saltergate was always a 'mare, went 4 times in 1980 ... lost 2-1 in the league in January ... Anglo-Jock cup in the summer, lost 1-0 ... league lost again, i think 1-0 again ... cup replay in December 1980 lost 1-0, Steve Neville had a goal disallowed right in front of the celebrating Blades fans - we also lost at the Lane in April of that year 0-2 (many Blades would have had us losing by many more to ensure the pigs didn't go up!).

Drew the summer after in the Group Cup ... Dec 82 back in the league lost 3-1, seem to remember Danny Wilson scoring a free kick for them, at the time he was rumoured to be on Porterfield's radar as a new signing for us. A couple more pre-season friendly draws followed in the mid 80s before our next league encounter in the promotion season 88-89, we lost at the Lane of course on New Years day 1-3, then lost at Saltergate again at Easter 2-1.

Finally saw us win at the 10th time of asking in a preseason game, about 2003, when Colin's mob managed a 1-0 win (I think Parkinson scored)

How has nobody mentioned Highbury yet?

There won't be many people left alive who have have seen us win there.

Last edited:
Most defeats I've seen is 4 at any ground which is actually better than I expected. Leicester (7 games), Forest (8 games), Wednesday (9 games) and Preston (11 games).

Lost 3 out of 3 at Birmingham though so that wins it for me!

Baseball ground just wins it for me closely followed by Old Trafford and Wembley. Not seen a United win at Norwich, Ipswich, and oh fuck it we have been shite away from home most seasons.
p.s it might just be me what's bad luck.

Drive to Brunton Park (Carlisle). Rain. John Burridge. Five steps. Indirect free-kick. 0-1. Drive home.

There's only about half a dozen or so grounds I've been to more than once, but the only 0% record I have out of them all is at Birmingham. Lost 1-0 in 2000/01 and 2-1 last season

How has nobody mentioned Highbury yet?

There won't be many people left alive who have have seen us win there.
Proper football ground that that was. Pissin it down, lost 4 - 1 after going 1 - 0 up. Dave Bassett 1990 ish.
Facilities such as food and drink were better than what the lane has now. The toilets were of a standard that you would see in a shopping centre or motorway services. Dry and warm H&C running water, hand dryers. Atmosphere in the stands ok as well.
Always say Highbury was the best ground I visited.

Back
Top Bottom