Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 1st Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WOLV
WOLV
WOLV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1574892093199.png v. 1574892099350.png
EPL Week 14 - Sunday 1st December 2019 - Molineux

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...verhampton-wanderers-vs-sheffield-united.478/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Attwell
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 11.28.03.png

Away Fans Guide:

Attachments

• plawayfansguide19.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

played their full strength team and blown a 3-1 lead. hope they're not fully physically and mentally there on sunday. honestly can't see us getting anything from it if they are

Ive said early in the thread that I don't like this one but the fact they've played last night, won't be in training today and will be more tired than is gives us a slight advantage in that regard. Hopefully we can get something but I'm not backing us.

A team as well organised as us and equally play a system which suits their players like we do by signing and keeping players suited for the system.

Jimenez and Doherty are the danger men, the latter arrives late and Stevens and Norwood have a big responsibility watching out for him.

Traore very erratic and much depends whether it's his day. Not too bothered about the rest of the forwards and midfield.

Coady will be dreading Moseet's pace and/or McBurnie's aerial challenges; the ex-Blade is over-rated in this sweeper role once he is exposed alone. Their system caters for McGoldrick dropping deep.

Wolves played a first team on Thursday and will be knackered on Sunday. Good time to play them.

1-1 Draw.

I don't think they've won any of their Sunday games following away fixtures in this season's Europa league, including against Burnley, Newcastle and Villa.

With Callum Robinson being the feature player in the pre match interviews, could this be an indication that Mousset is out?

I'm trying not to read too much into it as Jack was the feature player for the Man Utd match.

With Callum Robinson being the feature player in the pre match interviews, could this be an indication that Mousset is out?

I'm trying not to read too much into it as Jack was the feature player for the Man Utd match.

Fit for Sunday.

Egan and Moose both fit for Sunday.

Wolves are probably the only team this season who can match us in regards to knowing the system/style of football they want to play.

Added to the seriously good form/run they're on, this will be our toughest away game of the season so far. No doubt about that.

I'm hoping they have a European hangover. A point would be brilliant. They're the form team and I think we're going to have a very difficult Sunday.

Anybody making their way up from London on the train tomorrow? / any consensus of pubs for a pre match pint ?

My first visit to Molineux was the last game of the 1971-72 season, Dont know why the match was played on a Friday, we won 2-1 (Dearden, Currie). Next day I watched Birmingham win 2-1 at Wendy. Birmingham then needed a draw at Orient to gain promotion with Norwich. They won 1-0

1575140431035.png

So Wolves are currently on the 2nd longest unbeaten run in the league after Liverpool.
Come on Blades let kill this run, and then eyes on ending the longest in the new year.

David Coote is the ref.
I like the term 'bald as a coote'.
That refers to the vagina.
Another word for the vagina begins with c.

The referee is therefore a c word.

Moussett won’t start I don’t think.

On the bench at best.

I have mixed memories about going to Molineux .

I was there for an excellent win in '68 but also for a disappointing defeat in the FA cup in '66 . At that time , we had a very good side which included the likes of Badger , Reece , Mick Jones and Birchenall and I went there strongly fancying our chances . However , they had a forward called Peter Knowles who , I believe , came from the Wath on Dearne area .

On that day , he turned in a superb performance , tearing our defence to shreds and scoring ( I think ) 2 goals and we were comprehensively beaten 3-0.

Some time after , he quit football altogether and became a Jehovah's Witness at quite a young age , which was football's loss as he was clearly a great talent and his performance that day is up there with some of the best I ever saw from an opposition player .

Today's the day! COYRAWW!!

Let's keep that unbeaten away record going. Fight tooth and nail and grab at least a point (hopefully more!)

Going for a hard fought 1-1 🤞

So after last weeks thrilling match, this afternoon we travel to Wolves. Our terrific resilience on the road will certainly be tested today. Admittedly they draw a few, which a repeat of today would do nicely for me. But I think this is as tough of a match we have so far faced on the road...

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

.Mousset fit to play?

Egan ok now?

Unchanged from last week apart from the 2 obvious returnees?

We'll need to be on it today, and we have remarkable chance or going 5th and reigning in Chelsea in the process. :) We don't want any crappy Europa League. Only the CL will do lol. However I can't really see a victory. In fact I think a defeat is more likely. 2-1. But I'll keep the optimistic view and say 1-1.

Travel safe Blades.

UTB

My first visit to Molineux was the last game of the 1971-72 season, Dont know why the match was played on a Friday, we won 2-1 (Dearden, Currie). Next day I watched Birmingham win 2-1 at Wendy. Birmingham then needed a draw at Orient to gain promotion with Norwich. They won 1-0

View attachment 65713

That's Steve Daly, I used to sit next to him at school. Only male teacher at a left legger school used to drag him out of class to play football. Bet the lad could hardly read and write eventually joined Man City

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom