Without Egan, does Ampadu start?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Showed a raw athleticism we lack
For a fee potentially rising to £33m he should be showing much more than a raw athleticism. That said, Villa's "tactics" of getting the ball to a winger/full back in the channels between our penalty area and the touchlines then sending a head-high cross is was never going to play to his strengths.

Your counting that as a skill are you

Was very harsh as Rambo got there first
So wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunitg

Ramsdale got there first because Watkins and Egan were wrestling. Had Watkins been at full tilt he'd have reached the ball well before Ramsdale, to the point that the latter probably wouldn't have come to clear the ball.

On Ampadu: if he plays well he could be the catalyst for the next evolution of our structure. Currently, we look for overloads down the middle using the wide centre halves and the wingbacks. We could mix that up by using Ampadu instead of the overlapping centre half; either through bringing the ball out through the middle or by creating new angles with the midfielders and wing backs.

For a fee potentially rising to £33m he should be showing much more than a raw athleticism. That said, Villa's "tactics" of getting the ball to a winger/full back in the channels between our penalty area and the touchlines then sending a head-high cross is was never going to play to his strengths.

Ramsdale got there first because Watkins and Egan were wrestling. Had Watkins been at full tilt he'd have reached the ball well before Ramsdale, to the point that the latter probably wouldn't have come to clear the ball.

On Ampadu: if he plays well he could be the catalyst for the next evolution of our structure. Currently, we look for overloads down the middle using the wide centre halves and the wingbacks. We could mix that up by using Ampadu instead of the overlapping centre half; either through bringing the ball out through the middle or by creating new angles with the midfielders and wing backs.

Ampadu could do well in a Lothar Matthaus-type sweeper role. Having an extra man bursting through the middle might have more of a benefit rather than having 4 blokes doing nice passes down the channels but with only one in the middle to aim for

I have to say, I’m loving the self confidence and fearless approach from Ampadu, especially considering the starting berth he fully deserved against Burnley. The same applies to the two youngsters from Derby.
A very refreshing attitude from young players.
Would have no hesitation starting Ampadu, or even Bogle and Lowe. Might even surprise a cocky Leeds side?

Got to be Ampadu.

Can't say a 39 year old Phil Jagielka fills me with much confidence against and young and hungry Leeds side, who let's be reyt, are scoring goals for fun right now.

It's Ampadu's position to lose now.

Look forward to seeing how tough he is to ease my worries that he might be a bit Kilgallon.

We would be truly fucked if Jags started. Good enough for cup games but his legs haven’t got PL minutes in them anymore.

I'm not saying we should have signed Watkins for that money just that we don't have a striker that is fast, strong and can play 90 minutes.

How about JOC to CCB and Robinson to LCB.

That would be me defensively solid than Amped and/or Jags...

If we play Jags instead instea of Ampadu then we may aswell send him back to chelsea

Ampadu has played and dominated games in the middle of a back 3 in the champions league. If he isnt starting the club’s box has gone. ⚔️

I’ve got an overwhelming feeling that Jags will start. Got a feeling Wilder will go for “experience in that department”. I can hear his pre match interviews already.

When the youngsters arrive next week, Brewster and Bagolan will tear up Wilders rule book. These young lads have spent most of their top flight time playing in front of one man and his dog.
They are fearless and all they want is EPL game time. Watch the blades climb ever upward again, using youngsters, who will never win anything, or so someone said. 🙈

Isn't this why we brought Ampadu to play alongside our other defenders?

He's certainly not short on skill or confidence, and given his age, why there's a discussion considering Jags as Egan's replacement is surely academic.....

Back
Top Bottom