Will we actually sign anyone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What more would a board do apart from provide a budget that the manager is happy with?

I don't really care what the board don't do anymore.
Anybody with an ounce of knowledge about Sheffield United would say the same thing.
Big club, potentially very big club, shit boardroom

I don't really care what the board don't do anymore.
Anybody with an ounce of knowledge about Sheffield United would say the same thing.
Big club, potentially very big club, shit boardroom
If you didn’t care why claim they are the ones not putting effort in?
What should they be doing that they’re not with regards to the transfers?

There's been very little transfer activity across the Premiership so far, so why the panic and impatience?

Trust Wilder. The signings will arrive when pre-season starts.

If you didn’t care why claim they are the ones not putting effort in?
What should they be doing that they’re not with regards to the transfers?

I believe my original post was to Plymouth Blade.
It's common knowledge, and it's been done to death that Sheffield United's boardrooms are shit, always have been.

I'm not gonna argue the toss about it because there are a billion stats which prove it.

Certain periods under Bassett, Warnock and now Wilder, and maybe John Harris have been the only periods where we've seen even a miniscule amount of success and even that was achieved in each case in spite of a shit boardroom.

Every mid sized club has had some problems, but every mid sized club has also had success, apart from one of course.

I believe my original post was to Plymouth Blade.
It's common knowledge, and it's been done to death that Sheffield United's boardrooms are shit, always have been.

I'm not gonna argue the toss about it because there are a billion stats which prove it.

Certain periods under Bassett, Warnock and now Wilder, and maybe John Harris have been the only periods where we've seen even a miniscule amount of success and even that was achieved in each case in spite of a shit boardroom.

Every mid sized club has had some problems, but every mid sized club has also had success, apart from one of course.
You were talking about this board and this transfer window. Care you show your working or is there far too much for you to be able to show any evidence that our current board has impacted this summers transfer plans?

You were talking about this board and this transfer window. Care you show your working or is there far too much for you to be able to show any evidence that our current board has impacted this summers transfer plans?

No, I was talking about Sheffield United boardrooms in general
I've not made any comments about our spending or potential spending this season

Sheffield United boardrooms in general have been woeful for decades, you can disagree if you want, but my opinion is they've been woeful

Sheffield United boardrooms in general have been woeful for decades, you can disagree if you want, but my opinion is they've been woeful
Who is the best chairman/board we have ever had?

Genuine question.

They have been like the boardrooms of most football clubs, and better than many. You can disagree if you want, but I know loads more than you.

He admitted he was a pig on the wind up in his first week of posting?
God knows why he’s still carrying it on after all this time.

No he didn't.

I've known him my whole life, over 50 years but you think you know better.
Crack on pal.

Surely for Topplayersleave it doesn’t matter as he history dictates future in this area, otherwise how is his argument above relevant to our current board and this season?

Looking for any excuse to have an argument aren't you
Like a pre-menstrual fucking woman

Our boardrooms have been shit, that's it, end of. You know it, I know it and everybody else knows it.

The main reason why we are no longer considered a top club by anybody has been down to our boardrooms selling our chances away for the last 90 years, and not investing properly.
Deny it all you like but everybody knows it's true

No he didn't.

Crack on pal.
Not much of an endorsement,coming from someone who thinks Wooden Seats is a bona fide Unitedite.

Not much of an endorsement,coming from someone who thinks Wooden Seats is a bona fide Unitedite.

So I'm a liar?

I've told you previously he's a lifelong Blade.
I'll put your apparent absent mindedness down to your age.
Are you sure your not a pig?
You throw that insult around quite readily. I'm beginning to think it's a deflection technique, eh Piggy.

He actually did but then backtracked and said he was being sarcastic.

Is he as dull in real life as he is on here?

Hes hardly dull on here is he? If he was dull no one would take any notice of his opinions would they?
In real life as you put it he's as good and loyal a mate you could wish for.
Generous to a fault and great company.
You'd be lucky to find better.

Hes hardly dull on here is he? If he was dull no one would take any notice of his opinions would they?
In real life as you put it he's as good and loyal a mate you could wish for.
Generous to a fault and great company.
You'd be lucky to find better.

He reminds me of somebody who used to be on here called Micalijo, I’ve wondered whether its him back with a different name. He made similarly stupid club hating comments, but I can confirm he was a Blade. Not sure about TPL, if he is he isn’t much of one.

Looking for any excuse to have an argument aren't you
Like a pre-menstrual fucking woman

Our boardrooms have been shit, that's it, end of. You know it, I know it and everybody else knows it.

The main reason why we are no longer considered a top club by anybody has been down to our boardrooms selling our chances away for the last 90 years, and not investing properly.
Deny it all you like but everybody knows it's true

And what does that have to do with the question, “will we actually sign anyone?”

And what does that have to do with the question, “will we actually sign anyone?”

I've already explained that my original message was answering Plymouth Blade, the rest have been answering you who changed our discussion into yours.

If you think a good boardroom or a shit boardroom doesn't affect signings, or the standard of player any club signs then carry on thinking it.

My proof is in the history books, 94 years without a trophy, never played in Europe, less years in the top flight than any other similar sized club during the last 40 years or so, more years in the bottom two divisions than any similar sized club over the last 40 years

If that's not damning evidence for continually shite boardrooms I don't know what is

No he didn't.

Crack on pal.

So you’re over 50 years old and only just started posting on here . A loyal and real blade😂 I’ve got to say I’ve got my doubts about you too , are you one and the same.

Of worth that will quantifiably strengthen the team. Just a thought 💭

We need about six players and no signs off by movement yet. CW normally does his business early.
the window shuts in 53 days and we kick off in 55, e needs to sign at least 8 players so a player a week should do it

Back
Top Bottom