Will we actually sign anyone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With the likes of Luton Town wanting upwards of £7.5m for the likes of James Justin, we aren't going to afford to do that to be honest. ;)

Don't be too despondent Nic, even you, as a sometimes arch miserablist, will know that players will be brought in, even if they're currently playing in the Canvey Island Galatico league. Good times ahead mate, take that digit out of your bumhole and wave it for all you're worth.

Don't be too despondent Nic, even you, as a sometimes arch miserablist, will know that players will be brought in, even if they're currently playing in the Canvey Island Galatico league. Good times ahead mate, take that digit out of your bumhole and wave it for all you're worth.

......it's got poo on it. :(

Last summer’s business:
– 18 June, Dean Henderson signed on loan
– 19 July, John Egan signed
– 24 July, David McGoldrick signed
– 13 August, Ollie Norwood signed

As a reminder, today is 15 June.

Exactly! Henderson will sign on loan next Tuesday 18th June, and the other 3 will re-take their vows on 19th and 24th July and 13th August.

With the likes of Luton Town wanting upwards of £7.5m for the likes of James Justin, we aren't going to afford to do that to be honest. ;)
We can afford it - we are guaranteed at least £100m in the Premier League. Whether our hopeless owners will pay what it takes to bring in quality players is another matter.

If you’re right, we’ll be relegated by March.

Depends how good you think our current players are. I still think our last season current / squad has at least a 50% chance of staying up.

Just bloody infuriating that our board won’t put sensible investment in. (By sensible I mean around 35-40 million)

Our players will be signed in August after everybody else has had their fill

Then there'll be a couple of bargains knocking about that nobody else will look at and Wilder will pick up for nothing and turn them into £2 million players, hell we might even have a £3 million player on our hands for nowt.

Depends how good you think our current players are. I still think our last season current / squad has at least a 50% chance of staying up.

Just bloody infuriating that our board won’t put sensible investment in. (By sensible I mean around 35-40 million)
We have some good players who played out of their skin to get promotion - but as a team not good enough for the Premier League, where the pace and quality are far superior to the Championship. We should be spending around £50m on 3 or 4 quality players. But we won’t.

We have some good players who played out of their skin to get promotion - but as a team nowhere near good enough for the Premier League, where the pace and quality are far superior to the Championship. We should be spending around £50m on 3 or 4 quality players. But we won’t.

I get your idea re £50m for 3/4 players but we were never likely to spend £50m and we need more than 3/4 players. If we're looking for 2 players per position, which is fairly standard, then we need 2 forwards as we only have two at the min. We need another attacking mid, another centre mid, another right-sided centre back, another left-sided centre back and left wing back but that could possibly be covered by one player - unless Kean Bryan is considered good enough and that's unlikely. We also need a keeper of course. So that's seven new players although not all will be starters.

I think it'll be £30m tops, probably spending at least around £18m on forwards, with McBurnie hopefully one.

That's how I see recruitment but who knows, maybe we'll spend less and still stay up but we'll need the free transfer marker then and that can mean higher wages.

Every one is pissed off with the board what the fuck is it all about after all the effort we put in !!!!!!!

Our first signing last season was on 18th June. It was Dean Henderson.
And that was only a loan. Perms didn’t happen until July but as that’s been mentioned several times and ignored those wanting to bash the manager and board will just ignore the fact and keep posting this shit.
Same as those who are wanting £50 million spent on transfer fees, spunking all the money now and leaving nothing for any other investment or January.

In answer to the op I have no idea.
If we sign no one we will be relegated.
I trust Wilder to get what he needs although not necessarily what he wants.
The 2 wankers in court will determine our future.
Don't hold your breath.

Oh fuck off. Look at the total amount of signings so far and you’ll see not much business has been done.

Where do you get this ‘CW usually does his business early’ crap from? He tracked Leonard for over a year, Hogan for 6 months, Norwood came in well after the perminant transfer deadline.

Keep your hair on, we will sign who we want to sign.

All this filth coming from someone who wanted us to sign David fucking Wheater

It was a question that most grounded Blades are thinking. Lots to do to the team, never mind the squad.

All this filth coming from someone who wanted us to sign David fucking Wheater

It was a question that most grounded Blades are thinking. Lots to do to the team, never mind the squad.
Do you not think there is a reason that hardly any signings have been made?
Also do you think anyone we’re likely to be in for will make a snap decision to join us before he’s knows what else is on the table, given most of this league will pay more than us?
Those club that go early are either the big boys, or those paying over the odds to get it done. We aren’t the former and can’t afford to be the latter.
Your expectation are unrealistic and criticism unfounded at this point.
Also Wilder doesn’t do his business early.

With one bizarre Evans-shaped exception, which kind of adds fuel to the fire of questions about that particular one...

Stevens was I think any earlyish signing two years ago, though I imagine it’s a slightly different issue if a player is out of contract and we’re by far the biggest club after them.

How is it that so many people know what our budget is?

Do you not think there is a reason that hardly any signings have been made?
Also do you think anyone we’re likely to be in for will make a snap decision to join us before he’s knows what else is on the table, given most of this league will pay more than us?
Those club that go early are either the big boys, or those paying over the odds to get it done. We aren’t the former and can’t afford to be the latter.
Your expectation are unrealistic and criticism unfounded at this point.

Again, it was a question, not a statement nor criticism. Do keep up.

Back
Top Bottom