Will we actually sign anyone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

gaffablade

Reaction score
Of worth that will quantifiably strengthen the team. Just a thought 💭

We need about six players and no signs off by movement yet. CW normally does his business early.

Of worth that will quantifiably strengthen the team. Just a thought 💭

We need about six players and no signs off by movement yet. CW normally does his business early.

Oh fuck off. Look at the total amount of signings so far and you’ll see not much business has been done.

Where do you get this ‘CW usually does his business early’ crap from? He tracked Leonard for over a year, Hogan for 6 months, Norwood came in well after the perminant transfer deadline.

Keep your hair on, we will sign who we want to sign.

A few journey men needing small fees and one or two we can get with small installments up front I suspect.

Last summer’s business:
– 18 June, Dean Henderson signed on loan
– 19 July, John Egan signed
– 24 July, David McGoldrick signed
– 13 August, Ollie Norwood signed

As a reminder, today is 15 June.

I blame rolling news and social media. These days everybody is constantly glued to SSN or Twitter or Facebook (and dare I say internet forums?) just waiting for news. Something- anything. Thats why stupid rumours like Ribery get blown out of all proportion; people are so desperate to get their fix of a new piece of “rolling news”, they’ll swallow more shit than a building site portaloo.

Lets just get a few things in perspective;
- The majority of players are still on holiday. The international ones have literally only just finished their season this last week. I believe the U21s still haven't. Now I’m not going down the “poor overworked footballer” line, BUT; they do have a small window out of the year to go away on holiday with family, friends or both. Its about the only time of year they can go on stag do’s and get married- look at Fleck. Point being, its highly likely that the majority of players we are looking at are either out of the country; about to go out of the country; or are back in their home towns having a few beers at Auntie Brenda and Uncle Keiths BBQ.

The clubs and agents will be talking. But how can medicals be done when the players aren't here?

Do we really want CW or anyone else blabbing about who we’re after just because a few people cant amuse themselves for a few weeks over the summer?

Or do we just trust him?

Barring a very small number, hardly anybody in the Premier League or Championship have signed anyone. If we’re in a crisis because we’ve not signed anyone, then theres about 35 other clubs in one as well.

Henderson will come back on loan. Probably sign Hogan too.

Rest will mainly be squad players I reckon. Can see the day one lineup looking very much like the one that finished the Ipswich game minus Madine.

There are some reet fannies about and some people on here are bigger attention whores than Bella Delphine
You're gender assumption unnerves me, it's 2019 and we are still seeing posts like this,this board is rife with such prejudices, only this morning we had a poster, wanting to shoot elderly people,it's just not on.Yours Mr Outraged

No
We are going with what we have got, and if we are within a chance of staying up in January we might get a loan in from Fleetwood.

only this morning we had a poster, wanting to shoot elderly people
The carbon emissions from the gun shot would upset the greens. A second use of a biodegradable carrier bag would be much more planet friendly. It’s not a bad idea as I understand the gassy farts let out by us oldies is the main cause of global warming.

What's the point of promotion if we are expected to spend money? Surely we'll mop up lower league players and hope for the best?

With the likes of Luton Town wanting upwards of £7.5m for the likes of James Justin, we aren't going to afford to do that to be honest. ;)

Last summer’s business:
– 18 June, Dean Henderson signed on loan
– 19 July, John Egan signed
– 24 July, David McGoldrick signed
– 13 August, Ollie Norwood signed

As a reminder, today is 15 June.
Players do have holidays during may & June,there will be loads of activity behind the scenes .agents try to create business by throwing rumours around managers especially the ones who are buying try to keep things under raps until a deal is about done.
We're aware of this I have just repeated what we all know !.A big yawn !! wake me up when things start happening

Back
Top Bottom