Will we actually sign anyone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liaminho9

Reaction score
Pretty much the same date as last year, to be right I imagine this has been done for a while, suits all parties for reasons given on this forum before. And thinking about it the most inconvenienced by this deal are United, ok we need a keeper but their are other options. Hendo wants to play he comes here he's first choice, which other Prem club needs a keeper? Both promoted clubs seem happy with who they have. Manchester want to see how their lad shapes up in the Prem they get that. I'd say in this deal we have the upper hand but the deal suits us.
Fair enough. As i say, the delay this summer might be due to the U21's tournament.
England's first game is on the 18th, the tournament finishes on the 30th.

Nicolaus_Copernicus

Reaction score
"We should be favourites to go down because we'll have the lowest budget and we'll have the lowest transfer funds available."

"It'll be low, probably one of the lowest ever spent in the competition. I don't want to put a figure on it but it'll be low."

"What this promotion has enabled us to do is pay off the training ground which is being built, which is important to us, because it means we've got something to show from being in the Premier League."

"We're still paying for some of the mistakes of times gone by and some of the expensive signings. This allows us to clear all of that out and realign ourselves as a club."

"It's huge for a club like this, one that's self-funded. Fundamentally, you live by Premier League revenue or having to sell players."

"To get to the Premier League and not have to sell players is a nice place for us. Now we need to make some smart recruitment and retention decisions to try to overachieve again."

"We'll be looking to recruit smaller numbers, maybe three, four or five - it won't be seven, eight, nine, ten."

"British players are more expensive in terms of transfer fees and wages and we can't afford some of them."

"There's some players we'd love to take even from the Championship but the transfer fees mean we can't go anywhere near them. It means we have to look a bit further afield."

"We've got to strive to be the best we can be and we need to go and attack the Premier League, be a little bit naïve and know we'll get beaten along the way."

"I remember being at Manchester City and seeing Chelsea getting beaten 6-0 so, if it can happen to some of the best players in the world, it can happen to us."

"We've got to keep our nerve and stick to our principles. We've proven a lot of people wrong this year and that should be a motivation for us next year."

"Can we go and attack it? If we can't, we dust ourselves off and go again. We're a club that will be set up so that if we're relegated, it won't be a disaster."

"We have to think like that but at the same time, we have to be ambitious and have a good go at it."

Topplayersleave

Reaction score
What more would a board do apart from provide a budget that the manager is happy with?

I don't really care what the board don't do anymore.
Anybody with an ounce of knowledge about Sheffield United would say the same thing.
Big club, potentially very big club, shit boardroom

Flatulent_Bob

Reaction score
I don't really care what the board don't do anymore.
Anybody with an ounce of knowledge about Sheffield United would say the same thing.
Big club, potentially very big club, shit boardroom
If you didn’t care why claim they are the ones not putting effort in?
What should they be doing that they’re not with regards to the transfers?

sonofbruce

Reaction score
There's been very little transfer activity across the Premiership so far, so why the panic and impatience?

Trust Wilder. The signings will arrive when pre-season starts.

Topplayersleave

Reaction score
If you didn’t care why claim they are the ones not putting effort in?
What should they be doing that they’re not with regards to the transfers?

I believe my original post was to Plymouth Blade.
It's common knowledge, and it's been done to death that Sheffield United's boardrooms are shit, always have been.

I'm not gonna argue the toss about it because there are a billion stats which prove it.

Certain periods under Bassett, Warnock and now Wilder, and maybe John Harris have been the only periods where we've seen even a miniscule amount of success and even that was achieved in each case in spite of a shit boardroom.

Every mid sized club has had some problems, but every mid sized club has also had success, apart from one of course.

Flatulent_Bob

Reaction score
I believe my original post was to Plymouth Blade.
It's common knowledge, and it's been done to death that Sheffield United's boardrooms are shit, always have been.

I'm not gonna argue the toss about it because there are a billion stats which prove it.

Certain periods under Bassett, Warnock and now Wilder, and maybe John Harris have been the only periods where we've seen even a miniscule amount of success and even that was achieved in each case in spite of a shit boardroom.

Every mid sized club has had some problems, but every mid sized club has also had success, apart from one of course.
You were talking about this board and this transfer window. Care you show your working or is there far too much for you to be able to show any evidence that our current board has impacted this summers transfer plans?

Topplayersleave

Reaction score
You were talking about this board and this transfer window. Care you show your working or is there far too much for you to be able to show any evidence that our current board has impacted this summers transfer plans?

No, I was talking about Sheffield United boardrooms in general
I've not made any comments about our spending or potential spending this season

Sheffield United boardrooms in general have been woeful for decades, you can disagree if you want, but my opinion is they've been woeful

Silent Blade

Reaction score

Sheffield United boardrooms in general have been woeful for decades, you can disagree if you want, but my opinion is they've been woeful
Who is the best chairman/board we have ever had?

Genuine question.

Nick Jansky

Reaction score

They have been like the boardrooms of most football clubs, and better than many. You can disagree if you want, but I know loads more than you.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom