Incoming? Will Vaulks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah, says he's scored 79 in 80 games on Wikipedia. Get him in.

Put one in onion bag for Rotherham toneet.

Will Vaulks (Rotherham United) right footed shot from outside the box to the bottom left corner.

Another midfielder? Doubt it
Bottom line is our midfield is woefully short of goals, so something needs to change. Whether that is personnel or tactics it needs addressing. No one is bullet proof.

he's more of a utility man than a CM he can play both in midfield and defense

The fact that we are continuing to look to divisions below us tells us all I need to know.

I agree, we need to take a similar approach to Wednesday and sign players like George Boyd from the division above. After all, signing young, hungry players from the division below hasn't really got us anywhere in the last two seasons.

I agree, we need to take a similar approach to Wednesday and sign players like George Boyd from the division above. After all, signing young, hungry players from the division below hasn't really got us anywhere in the last two seasons.

You can't go wrong with has-beens on their way down - see the Massive for case in point. You'd have thought Utd might have tried that approach before!

The last two seasons has no bearing on it, I am talking about the here and now. The January signings have hardly been a runaway success and if we are to push on we need better quality signings, of course if your happy with Leonard, Holmes etc....

The last two seasons has no bearing on it, I am talking about the here and now. The January signings have hardly been a runaway success and if we are to push on we need better quality signings, of course if your happy with Leonard, Holmes etc....

Without money we will be continuing to sign these players. It’s not down to CW it’s down to the board.

CW even if he wanted too couldn’t have signed Boyd. These players are in a bracket we cannot afford.

What about Evans? You seem to have missed him off your list. Fleck, Clarke and Baldock were all signed from League 1, they don't seem to be doing too badly in the 'here and now'. One of the last players we signed from the Premiership was Dean Hammond, of course if you're happy with us signing players like that.....

My point was that the players from the premiership that we can afford and/or would want to sign for us will most likely be players on their way down. We've done that before and we ended up in League 1. I'd rather us sign players on the way up, if that means getting them from the Conference then so be it. If we had signed Jamie Vardy from Stocksbridge i'm sure you would have moaned about us signing players from the leagues below.

And by the way, let's not write Holmes and Leonard off yet. Some on here have made that mistake before.

What about Evans? You seem to have missed him off your list. Fleck, Clarke and Baldock were all signed from League 1, they don't seem to be doing too badly in the 'here and now'.

Likewise Dele Alli.
Blackman and Stevens were in League 2 last season. I hope we continue to pick diamonds from the lower leagues with a point to prove.

What about Evans? You seem to have missed him off your list. Fleck, Clarke and Baldock were all signed from League 1, they don't seem to be doing too badly in the 'here and now'. One of the last players we signed from the Premiership was Dean Hammond, of course if you're happy with us signing players like that.....

My point was that the players from the premiership that we can afford and/or would want to sign for us will most likely be players on their way down. We've done that before and we ended up in League 1. I'd rather us sign players on the way up, if that means getting them from the Conference then so be it. If we had signed Jamie Vardy from Stocksbridge i'm sure you would have moaned about us signing players from the leagues below.

And by the way, let's not write Holmes and Leonard off yet. Some on here have made that mistake before.

Fair enough LJ, Evans has done quite well though I am not sure he would be part of a promotion winning team in the Championship. For every Hammond there is the lad at Fulham banging in the goals. I am happy enough to sign players from the leagues below providing they are of the right quality, I've championed a few myself. As far as I can see the January transfer signings have kept the ship steady but has it improved us ?. I suppose what it all boils down to is the board showing a bit more ambition. Can I just say that I am a fan of Holmes and was happy with his signing, I really hope it works out for him, but evidence so far ?

Likewise Dele Alli.
Blackman and Stevens were in League 2 last season. I hope we continue to pick diamonds from the lower leagues with a point to prove.

Is this where we start compiling a list of players signed from leagues below that have been flops too Eddie ?

Is this where we start compiling a list of players signed from leagues below that have been flops too Eddie ?

We've had a few that haven't worked, but we're not in a position to pay the likes of Steven Fletcher and Jordan Rhodes £90,000/week between them.

And we already have a couple of them...

Can't have to many utility men.
In fact lets become a team full of utility men, get Jags back and thats goalkeeping covered, he could swap with Moore half way through the 1st half. Moore could have a go in central defence (is there a rule against that).
That will baffle opponents.

Absolutely. One newspaper rumour, McCabe OUT. Bargain basement.

Couldn’t give a fuck where they come from, it’s whether they’re good enough. James Wilson has come from the Prem and he’s crap. Donaldson has played numerous games at this level. Baldock and Fleck haven’t and they’ve been outstanding. Need to get it right. If Vaulks is the man, then so be it.

Until the ownership structure changes this is where we will be shopping. There and in the reserves of the Championship. Sometimes you can assemble a surprisingly effective team that way but it’s a much harder way of doing it.

Some are talking about him being lined up to replace Fleck. I thought there was some history between him and Hendo!!?! Can anyone enlighten me cheers

Weve had interest in him for a while. I know that from the RUFC end.

There was a possibility of a swap involving Leon and WV in January, but Leon wanted to go to Wigan so that put an end to that one.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go in for him in the summer as he only has another year on his contract, and Miller's won't want him walking out for free the following summer. Could be a goer this one in a few months if we care still in the championship. If we go up, we will move on to other options I think.

Coutts replacement? From what I've seen and from a few Rotherham mates, he's more of a tackler, gets about the pitch but not the best on the ball. In tough away games him Norwood and fleck could work.

Back
Top Bottom