Wilders not the problem

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gozza

Reaction score

I have to say I did have doubts about whether we needed another manager in the past. But I feel we are more likely to do better if Wilder stays and yesterday it was just one of those days and Wilders not playing up front so we can't blame him for not taking the chances. We played positive and sadly it was just sloppy clearance and marking which cost us the game.

I've seen a few people say it now, which is a good point that Southampton kept Hasenhuttl and have benefitted massively. Leicester did too when they sacked Pierson just to reemploy him immediately and then he kept them up.

I do think we've got to change the shape though, whether it is a 3-4-3, 4-4-4 or 4-2-3-1. I think stating the obvious, we can't replace O'Connell either unless we somehow manage to replace him with a limited budget in January or he himself, when he comes back from injury.

I feel he is to blame for recruitment, it shows how badly we need a new left footed centre back and we never got one, Ampadu can probably do a job there though to be fair, but he is right footed so his overlapping ability will be limited. I think the bigger issue though is actually midfield, we play with 3 and we have 4 to choose from. 2 are good enough to play each week, the other two, Lundstram doesn't want to be there, but actually played decent yesterday. Norwood just looks Championship quality sadly. So we need a lest one midfielder in January no matter what the situation by then.

The players still look like they want to play for him so it's not about motivating them. It's solely about finding confidence which is definitely easier said than done.

I hope you enjoy the video, all best Gozza.

4-4-4 would give us a man advantage , as long as that man is a striker who can score.

The Sheffield clubs are at the bottom of their respective divisions because of their players. In Wednesday's case, they gambled financially on promotion, lost, and so they've now had to let the best players go. In United's case, the club went up due to the brilliant management skills of Wilder, but the bulk of the players weren't good enough at this level. The only way United could afford to replace those players was to shop abroad, which Wilder hasn't done. If United go down then there's probably nobody better to get the club back up, but it's useless unless extensive scouting networks are established overseas.

The Sheffield clubs are at the bottom of their respective divisions because of their players. In Wednesday's case, they gambled financially on promotion, lost, and so they've now had to let the best players go. In United's case, the club went up due to the brilliant management skills of Wilder, but the bulk of the players weren't good enough at this level. The only way United could afford to replace those players was to shop abroad, which Wilder hasn't done. If United go down then there's probably nobody better to get the club back up, but it's useless unless extensive scouting networks are established overseas.
The tread is about Wilder not what is happening with your lot.

The players are clearly behind him still and so am I. Don’t care if we go down so long as we fight and show pride. For me last night was the first time we’ve done that for a while. Need a leader though in midfield.

What ever happens this season. I would not sack Wilder.
If the worst happens, he would be the one to meet the challenge of getting us back up, and also this is part of his learning. He would be a stronger and better equipped manager to deal with the Premiership.
So no matter on how few points we finish on?

Disclaimer.. I still think Wilder can keep us up (sort of)

Could it be something to do with him being a Truffle Botherer?

If Bellypork comments on here, as a fan of that team, maintains his respect then he’s entitled to draw comparisons.
I don't see how Wednesday blowing a budget to get nowhere is relevant. Take that topic to a the Wednesday thread.
Wilder did it (twice) within a structured way while identifying the right players at the right costs.

Yes, I would still keep Wilder. We have had some shit over the years.
Wilder has pride, this will be hurting him, he will bounce back and I would rather he did it with us.
I maybe in a minority with this view.

I don't see how Wednesday blowing a budget to get nowhere is relevant. Take that topic to a the Wednesday thread.
Wilder did it (twice) within a structured way while identifying the right players at the right costs.
He’s hardly brought in the right players for this season at whatever cost.

Yes, I would still keep Wilder. We have had some shit over the years.
Wilder has pride, this will be hurting him, he will bounce back and I would rather he did it with us.
I maybe in a minority with this view.
Then maybe we both in the minority. It’s not his pride I’m relying on, it’s his previously demonstrated ability to react..

Just taking a bit longer this season. Because staying up is more important than being prepared for Championship football next season. There’s no chance this team will get us back up.

He’s hardly brought in the right players for this season at whatever cost.
I have my views, others have theirs. Our wage structure is also a reason why we lost some of our main transfer targets.
If rumours are to be believed regarding salaries, we appear to want a Premiership team on Championship wages.

The tread is about Wilder not what is happening with your lot.

Because

It was an explanation of why Wednesday's team is currently so poor. In this city all we hear about is the criticism of managers, when in my opinion it's the teams. What you say about Wilder's recruitment up until the PL is spot on, and it underlines my point. One of the reasons for United's rapid rise, and the construction of a cohesive team, was because of Wilder's intimate knowledge of the lower leagues. At this level he needs to be able to do the same with the foreign market, as that's where the affordable players are. Had he had that knowledge, and the necessary scouting networks in place, I think that his recruitment would have been quite different and more successful.

You do realise that if Wilder's not the problem when we're doing badly then he's then not the reason when we're doing well? I mean, you can't have it both ways. He can't have all the influence on one of those things and none on the other. Just saying.

Ofcourse we're by no means relegated and this can turn around very quickly for us it's just looking very very unlikely right now.

I've said many times I don't care if we get relegated just as long as we put up a fight. I can handle going down for simply 'not being good enough' but to sit bottom, looking relegated and showing no spirit is a difficult pill to swallow.

If we finish on minimal points with a fight then Wilder should keep his job, if we simply just give up I think some difficult conversations are going to be held with him and the board.

Because

It was an explanation of why Wednesday's team is currently so poor. In this city all we hear about is the criticism of managers, when in my opinion it's the teams. What you say about Wilder's recruitment up until the PL is spot on, and it underlines my point. One of the reasons for United's rapid rise, and the construction of a cohesive team, was because of Wilder's intimate knowledge of the lower leagues. At this level he needs to be able to do the same with the foreign market, as that's where the affordable players are. Had he had that knowledge, and the necessary scouting networks in place, I think that his recruitment would have been quite different and more successful.
Wilder has been fantastic for this club, restored a lot of pride. He has shown it is possible to move up the leagues and keep the budget tight.
Now it is a different challenge, a new level for Wilder to learn from and learn quickly.
I am sure he will get past this, again, our wage structure could be a hindrance.
Missing the fans at BDTBL has also cost the team points.

You do realise that if Wilder's not the problem when we're doing badly then he's then not the reason when we're doing well? I mean, you can't have it both ways. He can't have all the influence on one of those things and none on the other. Just saying.
Spot on. He is the manager and will also need to take the flak for our current position.

Ofcourse we're by no means relegated and this can turn around very quickly for us it's just looking very very unlikely right now.

I've said many times I don't care if we get relegated just as long as we put up a fight. I can handle going down for simply 'not being good enough' but to sit bottom, looking relegated and showing no spirit is a difficult pill to swallow.

If we finish on minimal points with a fight then Wilder should keep his job, if we simply just give up I think some difficult conversations are going to be held with him and the board.
How much fight do you suggest the team have offered over the first ten games? (I’m going for not very much)

How much fight do you suggest the team have offered over the first ten games? (I’m going for not very much)
I can agree with that and they need to sort it quickly. I mean obviously I don't want us to be in this position but I really can't argue with it.

Back
Top Bottom