Wilders clough moment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wak1889

Reaction score
He needs to walk now and accept that this is partly his own making , the Leicester interview has killed the team, no amount of motivating will work now because the players know that regardless of what Wilder says in the dressing room, he actually knows the players arent good enough and they know he knows , it was akin to clough telling the leeds players they were cheats, everyone knew it and thought it but telling the players wasn't the smartest move.

He needs to either resign (preferred) or be removed TODAY... absolute shambles, he's lost the plot big time and we are now in the record books for all the wrong reasons. 😠
Thing is I’ve never wanted a manager/team to turn things around as much because of how well they’ve done to get here and last season but this season is diabolical I’ve seen a poor Blackpool in PL far far superior to us I feel for Wilder you can tell with his emotion but somethings got to change

Some of you need to get a grip ... we're playing pretend football in the biggest pretend league in the world.

If we go down with 2 points I'm still happy for CW to stay on, he's the best man to take us back up. Let's see how we go when we get proper football back. CW built a proper team, with proper players and a proper club, he's had the biggest part of that (the fans) taken away through no fault of his own.

Some of you need to get a grip ... we're playing pretend football in the biggest pretend league in the world.

If we go down with 2 points I'm still happy for CW to stay on, he's the best man to take us back up. Let's see how we go when we get proper football back. CW built a proper team, with proper players and a proper club, he's had the biggest part of that (the fans) taken away through no fault of his own.
Biggest part taken away from him with fans yes. Mid-lower end (competitive) budget given to help with that and some big fees paid though

I agree with most however fans have effected every club I appreciate we’re not good enough but 2 points breaking records left right and centre is terrible

What would the fans at BDTBL and the travelling support be telling the team now?

maybe they have missed that as much as us supporting them.

Honestly, you can't seriously believe it would be very much better with fans in the ground? This is how it is.

On the other hand I see no point in appointing anyone else unless Wilder decides he's had enough, in which case whoever takes over should just be given to the end of the season unless it's known they're going to be the manager in the division below next season too.

I would be quite happy for Wilder to have another crack at the Championship, but it's up to him to prove he's not just an untanned version of Phil Brown. I was going to say "pale imitation" but it might have been misinterpreted

I'm still in the camp that Wilder should at least get a crack at the championship bevause no ones saving us this season.

But if he was sacked, I'm not really sure I'd be able to mount a decent argument against it.

I think momentum works both ways. A lot was said about this during our success, not sure Wilder can get this group turned around in the Championship.

I re-watched the Leicester interview and he really went to town on them.

I get he was disappointed having put together some great results before that performance but from the perspective of the players receiving a public slagging off to that extent, you can see why they might have tossed it off from that point on.

He needs to walk now and accept that this is partly his own making , the Leicester interview has killed the team, no amount of motivating will work now because the players know that regardless of what Wilder says in the dressing room, he actually knows the players arent good enough and they know he knows , it was akin to clough telling the leeds players they were cheats, everyone knew it and thought it but telling the players wasn't the smartest move.

Bang on, said it in my thread. That was the turning point...... add much as the injury to JOC hurts us, this is more than that.

I love the man and what he has done for the club, but I get the impression he knows that the race is run.
If he continues, he, the club, and all of us will be basket-cases in a few weeks, let alone in 20-odd matches time.
What the club must do is ensure that CWAK leave ONLY when his successor has been identified and an agreement is in place. Who that is, I have no idea. Does anyone?
Being more rudderless than we already are will serve no purpose.
Gutted that it's come to this, IF it actually has.
UTB

He needs to either resign (preferred) or be removed TODAY... absolute shambles, he's lost the plot big time and we are now in the record books for all the wrong reasons. 😠
We cannot afford to sack him and his team as well as paying to bring in a new manager.
This is not virtual game but a business

I re-watched the Leicester interview and he really went to town on them.

I get he was disappointed having put together some great results before that performance but from the perspective of the players receiving a public slagging off to that extent, you can see why they might have tossed it off from that point on.
Can somebody remind me what he said please?

Proper football that’s another season plus one away
We won’t be watching to full stadiums ( half capacity maybe) before 2022

The players rode the wave of momentum and the passion of the fan base to go from league one players to Premier league players, there's no fans and now the players have reverted to what they were 4 years ago utter shit no one could win with these players playing like this lol.

Pigs out in force today
Funny you should say that. Had 3 text messages from them today and almost certain these three had caught coved and died. Thought it was Easter when you came back from the dead. 2 wins and they’re looking forward to the next World Cup draw to see what pot they’re in. Never care what they say, we are The Blades, Premier League.

Thanks Badge. If the demise started from here and this is the reason then the character of the team is weak. Everyone is entitled to be criticised if they don’t perform well at work. He didn’t single any one out and the only thing they could be slightly miffed about is saying that they are league 1 & championship players which from a motivational view I probably wouldn’t have used but it is true. I have thought long and hard trying to figure out what has happened and I think or suspect that after finishing so well last season they were expecting some kind of financial reward which didn’t materialise. Also because of CW’s refusal to break the wage structure it must be incredibly demotivating to walk out on to the pitch every week and know that your opposite number is earning 5/10/15k per week more than you. Lundstrum was the first to challenge this but I suspect this mood has also spread like a cancer throughout the squad. Also taking in to account poor recruitment (CW has proved a liability with money) investing in development players instead of established premier league quality (because of the wage structure) has cost us dearly. The stubbornness with team selection / recruitment etc. CW needs to learn from if he is to bring us back up and establish us in the premier league 2021/2022 season.

Honestly, you can't seriously believe it would be very much better with fans in the ground? This is how it is.

On the other hand I see no point in appointing anyone else unless Wilder decides he's had enough, in which case whoever takes over should just be given to the end of the season unless it's known they're going to be the manager in the division below next season too.

I would be quite happy for Wilder to have another crack at the Championship, but it's up to him to prove he's not just an untanned version of Phil Brown. I was going to say "pale imitation" but it might have been misinterpreted

With fans in the ground all season we wouldn't have got to this stage, we'd have picked up points along the way.

Double-edged sword with no fans in, while our team loses a big part of what CW had built up, it's played right into the hands of the Premier prima-donnas, they've got no pressure on them (from our fans or their own fans) in nothing more than glorified training games. We saw last season the prima-donnas did not like playing United and especially at the Lane.

Lots of new members wanting Wilder out...pig infiltration..can someone get rid of this nonsense.
Absolutely, the only possible rationale for someone wanting to sack a manager that has taken 2 points from the last 60 available, or 3 wins in the last 28 games, is that they are a pig, I mean what other club would even consider the possibility, it's ridiculous to even suggest it, let's keep him until the end of the season and shatter every record going, fewest points, most defeats, longest winless run, fewest goals, most 1-0 defeats, fewest clean sheets, because he's a blade so let's keep him he's one of our own , let's keep him

Listened to that again and I’m not sure it’s enough to ‘lose a dressing room’.

However. CW says he’s a ‘near and now’ manager and ‘not bothered...’ about previous results or achievements. So from his vantage point and by his own principles, it wouldn’t be any surprise if he leaves once a severance package is sorted out. This would be a very sad day but there’s no ‘sugar coating’ it. The downturn in performance and results since pre lockdown is astonishing and something is clearly not right. UTB.

Back
Top Bottom