Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We will find out In a few weeks Harry then you will know what I'm saying is true...... Wilder been told there isn't any cash.... So he's putting pressure on the Prince in the public domain now..

Good work Chris hope it works and they give you 20mil or so to get your targets

Up the Blades

Let's hope the pigs get the 21 point deduction and they end up back in league one x

I have lost count of the times that we have been told 'Wilder has been told there is no money' for us to go on and spend in the forthcoming transfer window. He must have a massive sofa at home with a shit load of change down the back of it.

We will find out In a few weeks Harry then you will know what I'm saying is true...... Wilder been told there isn't any cash.... So he's putting pressure on the Prince in the public domain now..

Up the Blades

Let's hope the pigs get the 21 point deduction and they end up back in league one x

What a poor attempt, even Stano back on Bladesmad woukd have put more effort in than that.

It depends on how you assess risk. A stronger league position would make it less likely that something could go wrong but it wouldn’t reduce the consequences should something go wrong. If we weren’t financially able to deal with those consequences, it’s simply a risk we couldn’t afford to take.

Depends on any number of factors, a lot of which we aren't privy to (contract clauses regarding player wages and such). But I think if we go into the window from a position of strength, able to pick the best of our targets, then that would be a very sensible risk to take. Much better than going in to the JTW hoping for players that can somehow settle in immediately and turn everything around.

Imagine being in Watford's position. Who do you sign for sensible money that will make an immediate impact big enough to save the season? If we come through the next few games on top then Wilder can be happy to sign a player even thinking they might need time to get in the first team.

From Rob Staton's twitter

Asked Chris Wilder today about a new contract at Sheffield United, given Graham Potter & Dean Smith were both rewarded recently. CW: “I've always said to players, we'll come to them. The same then goes for us (staff)."

Will post clip later #twitterblades @BBCLookNorth https://t.co/WQnL5wEIkD
Just another pig what's trying to think of anything that could rock our boat, he should be asking Chancer how many points does he think the pigs will be deducted 👍

If we were bottom of league we'd find it very hard to recruit in January, as it is we are in a good spot so could encourage people to sign for us (providing there's funds). There is also a saying that's it's good to have "strength in depth" which we have and would enhance, we are at a point now where we have to say do we want success or just be raggedy arsed nobody's.

The problem is though, how do we spend that 20/30m to improve. It's not that easy. It might get us 2 players max and even then not likely to be first XI.
We strengthened the squad depth dramatically, but the first XI, it's not really that much different to last season.
We future proof the squad whilst improving depth, bring in some u25 players in view to replacing the older squad members and blood them in for next season. I can't see a player we could realistically buy now for an immediate impact, maybe a similar player to Mousse as we do not have anyone similar tbf

Up the Blades

Did you want McCabe to win that bad or something? Swear you've said on here a few times that Prince has no money

He said this a few weeks ago when he was the Goals on Sunday sofa.

Yes he did, the quote was along the lines of “if we were out of touch, in the bottom 3 I’d tell them to keep their hands in their pockets”

Well spotted sir, have a like..

Did you want McCabe to win that bad or something? Swear you've said on here a few times that Prince has no money

Didnt say he had no money just that he isn't willing to spend anymore while mccabe is going to appeal the court ruling

But we only have a few weeks to see from what I was told is that the only signing we will make will be from player sales or free transfers.. Which looks like being Rodwell

But that doesn't make me a Pig

The best time to strengthen is from a position of strength.

Liverpool in the 70s and 80s were masters of bringing in two or three players every season to enhance their team and squad.

If you don't invest or strengthen then you stagnate and go backwards.

Reasonable levels of investment in January mixed with common sense is the way to step.

We're in a much stronger position to pick up a couple of younger talented players to cover. I'm thinking along the right side of defence.

Didnt say he had no money just that he isn't willing to spend anymore while mccabe is going to appeal the court ruling

But we only have a few weeks to see from what I was told is that the only signing we will make will be from player sales or free transfers.. Which looks like being Rodwell

But that doesn't make me a Pig
Load of bolloxs

In essence we look likely to stay up, so that means an additional parachute payment if we did go down next season, so this is really investment.

Makes sense for the owners, if Wilder thinks £20-30m can make us a strong, maybe even top 8, Premier League team that only makes everyone's job easier going forward, attracting players, values of existing assets etc. Hope the owners recognise their position.

Still got to be careful to not be the next Fulham or Brighton.

Losses as high as the pigs.

oh aye? Nonsense club imo, think Potter is a good manager but summat amiss with the AMEX involvement. Lowest Sponsorship in the league and yet they own the stadium naming rights and probably funded it too

Up the Blades

The prince is saying there isn't any cash to be made available..

Wilder is putting pressure on public domain so cash may be made available..

Conclusion: we will have to wait and see..

Yep I think you've covered all bases there and come up with diddly squat!

Billy Sharp, when asked last night about the transformation from Adkins to Wilder, said that Wilder told the players "you don't play for the name on the back of your shirt, you play for the badge on the front of it"

It's almost biblical in its powerfulness.

oh aye? Nonsense club imo, think Potter is a good manager but summat amiss with the AMEX involvement. Lowest Sponsorship in the league and yet they own the stadium naming rights and probably funded it too
Losses as high as the pigs.
Their owner is loaded. He’s quite happy to fund the losses. They’re well within the P&S levels allowed for PL clubs.

But they wouldn't be if relegated.
That's what puts them at risk.
They could sell Duffy and Dunk quite easily if they had to balance the books, or the Irish kid. Or several others. What incurred the loss? What proportion was wages and what was transfers?

They could sell Duffy and Dunk quite easily if they had to balance the books, or the Irish kid. Or several others. What incurred the loss? What proportion was wages and what was transfers?

No idea, the recent 5live investigation into the EFL included Brighton as a risk should they go down.

Back
Top Bottom