Outgoing? Wilder to Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I am not saying he is not paid well here. Grealish is paid well at Aston Villa his club and he’s on about moving every year.
People just need realism and if we do not meet his ambitions financially (player wise) then he’s going to look to move on at some point.

You asked a question about would you move and I answered and to receive a sarcastic reply wasn’t what I was expecting.

It was sarcastic that first part of my reply so I’ll hold my hands up and apologise for that.
Don’t me to offend anyone on here.
As some sort of explanation... I just interpreted your reply as our Chris needing to move on to support his family.

In my opinion, I'm gonna guess that there's three ways that CW will leave SUFC:-

1) To challenge/test himself with a bigger job in a few years time, should he get offered. If not he could be left wondering "what if......."
2) A fallout with the owners and he deems his position untenable.
3) Retirement (hopefully).

I get the impression he's very happy with his lot, and places importance on family/friends. He can't nip out for a weekend pint with his mates living in Surrey.

It was sarcastic that first part of my reply so I’ll hold my hands up and apologise for that.
Don’t me to offend anyone on here.
As some sort of explanation... I just interpreted your reply as our Chris needing to move on to support his family.

Not to worry mate. See where you may have thought that. It’s not to support his family it’s to add extra security forever for them if that makes sense.

These PL footballers some are on mega money from 20 for a good 12 years etc. CW has been a lower league manager 5 seasons ago in League two. CW has had good money (I’m talking football terms) but 2 maybe 3 years. How many years has CW left managing 7 years? Maybe more.

It’s always difficult if someone says right come to Everton. You get more money personally and more money to spend on players.

We all saw the over reaction to us losing a few start of lockdown football fans are very very fickle. Questioning him / tactic changes / players commitment etc.

Think how stupid that sounds our fans who want this unbelievable connection to the players turn on them and question everything for 2/3 results.

Not to worry mate. See where you may have thought that. It’s not to support his family it’s to add extra security forever for them if that makes sense.

These PL footballers some are on mega money from 20 for a good 12 years etc. CW has been a lower league manager 5 seasons ago in League two. CW has had good money (I’m talking football terms) but 2 maybe 3 years. How many years has CW left managing 7 years? Maybe more.

It’s always difficult if someone says right come to Everton. You get more money personally and more money to spend on players.

We all saw the over reaction to us losing a few start of lockdown football fans are very very fickle. Questioning him / tactic changes / players commitment etc.

Think how stupid that sounds our fans who want this unbelievable connection to the players turn on them and question everything for 2/3 results.

Oddly enough... I’d been going on about how happy he his here but he seemed a bit frustrated on the pre match (Leicester) conference... hope I’ve not gone and bloody jinxed it!!

The only place CW will be going I suspect will be to Man Utd in 2-3 years time

I talk to plenty of Man Utd fans and there would be revolts if their club appointed Wilder. He‘s ZERO chance.

Don’t think our fans realise that Wilder is seen in exactly the same light as Sean Dyche....a spit and sawdust manager...that works wonders on a budget.
Dyche has been at Burnley for years and not a single top club has shown any interest...they don’t want him.

Fortunately for us, marketing and fashion plays a huge part in the PL....so Wilder will always struggle to be attractive at PL level.
The highest placed PL club that would probably have Wilder is Burnley and I can’t see him leaving us for Burnley....if Dyche ever leaves them.
I can also see potentially Leeds showing interest if Bielsa ever leaves there.....think he’d be accepted by their fans and win the blessing of an outgoing Bielsa.

Last edited:
Anyone going to play in China/USA/UAE are in the twilight of their career, looking for one last big pay day and the experience of living abroad for twelve months in a sunny climate.

If they’re not nearly finished, their motivation is not drive and ambition, just greed.

But actually playing football is a short career, on the other hand you can be a Manager forever, ask Neil 🤔

If you're offering me 5 times my wage to do the same job, just a lot easier and with much more recognition, in China/UAE/US I'll take it. It would allow me to be financially secure after a couple of years and be able to choose who to come back and work for.

If you're offering me 5 times my wage to do the same job, just a lot easier and with much more recognition, in China/UAE/US I'll take it. It would allow me to be financially secure after a couple of years and be able to choose who to come back and work for.

Axel Witsel. Prime example.

Back
Top Bottom