Outgoing? Wilder to Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No need for him to say that, and no reason he should. We should be able to tell enough by everything else he says and does. But at the same time, he's not a mug. He'll know that his love for the Blades could lead to him being taken advantage of and it's in his and our best interests to make sure the owner/owners are kept on their toes. You don't do that by making public declarations about how happy you are and how you're not going anywhere.
All I was try to say he could stop all speculation in a moment IF he wished too.

He's happy where he is. Hes said that before and there is no need for him to keep saying it over and over again every couple of months just to satisfy some of our insecurities.

There is nothing to comment on, and he will remain SUFC manager until such time as either 1) we sack him 2) he resigns cos he's bored of us, or 3) a huge club ala Man Utd come calling for him. Non have happened so far, or even remotely look like happening any time soon, so chill. He's here for the long term and hallelujah for that.

He's happy where he is. Hes said that before and there is no need for him to keep saying it over and over again every couple of months just to satisfy some of our insecurities.

There is nothing to comment on, and he will remain SUFC manager until such time as either 1) we sack him 2) he resigns cos he's bored of us, or 3) a huge club ala Man Utd come calling for him. Non have happened so far, or even remotely look like happening any time soon, so chill. He's here for the long term and hallelujah for that.

If he's not backed by the board is another possibility.
To keep progressing you need to keep adding to your Squad and replacing players, Henderson is not ours, Basham is in his 30's(I am not saying replace Bash) Jags might retire at the end of the season, Do we require strengthening up front ?
January will be the 1st indication with the biggest indication being in the close season in what type of players if any we are after.
We don't really know much about the Prince financially.
Not trying too put a downer on things but for me the Non backing by the board will be the biggest danger to Chris & Alan leaving,
The next 8 months will tell us alot about where we are financially.

If he's not backed by the board is another possibility.
To keep progressing you need to keep adding to your Squad and replacing players, Henderson is not ours, Basham is in his 30's(I am not saying replace Bash) Jags might retire at the end of the season, Do we require strengthening up front ?
January will be the 1st indication with the biggest indication being in the close season in what type of players if any we are after.
We don't really know much about the Prince financially.
Not trying too put a downer on things but for me the Non backing by the board will be the biggest danger to Chris & Alan leaving,
The next 8 months will tell us alot about where we are financially.
I'd add to that if t.v money is diverted into buying the club rather than investment in the playing side that might be a problem ,luckily enough McCabe's arrogance means that the January transfer window probably won't be affected

In the last 10 minutes there have been 3 posts on different forms of social media that have all claimed to be ITK about United.

1. Wilder is greedy and will leave for big money
Source: Wilders mate......... Just not the case but he is ambitious

2. Wilder is on 26k a week
Source: Someone who works at the club.... Isn't far off the mark

3. The Prince is not giving Wilder any money in January...... We don't need any money in Jan 5th in the premier league and the players that are going to improve us will cost 20mil plus.... So best wait till next summer when every man and is dog knows about little old Sheffield utd
Source: Local scout

Embarrassing times in S6

They’ll be rolling out the body language experts soon.
They’re signing Ben Marshall anytime now... honest you can tell he wants to be there.

CW's success will obviously have been noted by other clubs, including I'm sure, some big ones this season. TBH any interest will be very useful to him personally when negotiating improved terms (again!) and also professionally when agreeing playing budgets. The Board would be mad to risk not keeping him happy and will hopefully have learned lessons from the last two JTWs when he wasn't and then was backed.

In a similar way to why those who demanded the UK take 'no deal' off the table during Brexit negotiations are all either totally incompetent in the art of negotiation (never remove your BATNA!) or they need their heads seeing to, why on earth would CW remove one of his main levers in getting what he wants by declaring he won't consider moving? Him having publicly flirted with Sunderland and West Brom in previous seasons show he's as canny in negotiating as he is brilliant in his team building and tactics.

I understand the thing of will he won’t he move to Everton. But we have one of the best managers in the world if a Tottenham / Arsenal came up I don’t see how he could turn that down. At this rate he’s got to be favourite for the next England job!

I understand the thing of will he won’t he move to Everton. But we have one of the best managers in the world if a Tottenham / Arsenal came up I don’t see how he could turn that down. At this rate he’s got to be favourite for the next England job!
No chance of him being the England manager. He's got a personality.

Go to a Spurs or an Arsenal or an Everton, where if he fails to motivate overpaid prima donnas he’ll be out on his ear before the end of the season.
Or stay and try to make Sheffield United a force to be reckoned with...regularly challenging the top six, maybe winning a trophy or two and going down in BDTBL history and legend.
Decisions, decisions

If we don't back him in terms of new contracts for current players and signings of a quality that pushed the current first XI he'll leave. Fuck all to do with any other factor

Go to a Spurs or an Arsenal or an Everton, where if he fails to motivate overpaid prima donnas he’ll be out on his ear before the end of the season.
Or stay and try to make Sheffield United a force to be reckoned with...regularly challenging the top six, maybe winning a trophy or two and going down in BDTBL history and legend.
Decisions, decisions
That's what drives Wilder monkey ! he's ambitious yes but can satisfy that at the lane.
His words not mine .

I think the key to keeping CW, AK and the rest of the coaching staff will be dependant on us staying in the Prem.

If any club came in and offered them a massively improved contract then we simply just have to match it. Pay them whatever to keep them here which IS achievable if we are a PL club.

I don't care what the amount would be - just pay it !

I'm not sure what the issue/drama is every time a job looks like coming up.

CW is at his dream job already. He was backed massively in relative terms in the summer and no evidence that won't continue and we are flying.

On top of that he must be on a decent whack already. When Bruce got the Newcastle job is was stated he was going to be the lowest paid manager in the Prem on £1.2mill a year meaning CW is on more than that already even before any negotiation if clubs come sniffing is undertaken. Not bad for your dream job.

My personal opinion is he's not going anywhere unless he either 1) thinks he's taken us as far as he could, 2) The board seriously piss him off (highly unlikely), 3) He gets an offer from one of the English giants or 4) He gets offered the England job.

CW's success will obviously have been noted by other clubs, including I'm sure, some big ones this season. TBH any interest will be very useful to him personally when negotiating improved terms (again!) and also professionally when agreeing playing budgets. The Board would be mad to risk not keeping him happy and will hopefully have learned lessons from the last two JTWs when he wasn't and then was backed.

In a similar way to why those who demanded the UK take 'no deal' off the table during Brexit negotiations are all either totally incompetent in the art of negotiation (never remove your BATNA!) or they need their heads seeing to, why on earth would CW remove one of his main levers in getting what he wants by declaring he won't consider moving? Him having publicly flirted with Sunderland and West Brom in previous seasons show he's as canny in negotiating as he is brilliant in his team building and tactics.
What did I miss - how did he publicly flirt with Sunderland or West Brom?

Sad bastard that I am I had a quick check through the posting history of the one tower twat of the original post. Guess what, he describes himself as a “Sheffield Woolyback” My guess is that the poster is a student from the Pork side of town, glory hunting in Scouseland. It looks like he’s more of a sad bastard than me.

I had a bit of an epiphany (having tablets for it), and I think he will, sadly for us, end up at Man Utd.
The more I think about it, the more I think he would be a perfect fit, where his 'my way or the highway' style is already engrained in the club from the Ferguson era.
Just a question of time I think, assuming we continue to do well.

As much as I f*cking hate West Ham, he gave off the impression he has a lot of respect for them as a club and I think they'd be well-suited. The fans would love him. I would absolutely hate it.

As much as I f*cking hate West Ham, he gave off the impression he has a lot of respect for them as a club and I think they'd be well-suited. The fans would love him. I would absolutely hate it.
I've more chance of winning the lottery than that happening and I don't do it 😂

Why on earth would he want to be a manager there. From a ground that’s intimidating for the opposition, fans that are passionate and right behind the team to a soulless athletics ground with fans that hate their owners and think they should be in the champions league.

Back
Top Bottom