Outgoing? Wilder to Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger

From a week ago.
No chance Everton would wait till the summer to appoint someone like Wilder.

The Arab could really make himself Mr Popular couldn't he..... wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if he did something stupid.

And hasn't Wilder said the only one he'd leave for is Everton?

We'd be fucked the second he left.

He has said Everton is the only club he would leave us for. But it won't be this summer not for a few years yet.

Like firing Wilder? No chance.

If Wilder felt like he was being interfered with and the ability to do his job was being impaired, he'd leave without hesitation.

It wouldn't surprise me. We've had 4 good years. That's at least 3 too many by our usual standards....

If Wilder felt like he was being interfered with and the ability to do his job was being impaired, he'd leave without hesitation.

It wouldn't surprise me. We've had 4 good years. That's at least 3 too many by our usual standards....

I take your point, but he "hesitated" long enough the summer before last to sign a new deal and soldier on despite the court case. The Prince has already shown he's willing to back Wilder in the transfer market; I think Wilder must realise that if we stay up this season it could be the start of something (even more) special.

As for Everton...they have to either back Silva long enough to turn things around or get rid soon-ish and get someone else in. I just can't see them deciding now that Silva has the rest of the season but Wilder's coming in next summer. What if Silva goes on a run and they qualify for Europe?

I take your point, but he "hesitated" long enough the summer before last to sign a new deal and soldier on despite the court case. The Prince has already shown he's willing to back Wilder in the transfer market; I think Wilder must realise that if we stay up this season it could be the start of something (even more) special.

As for Everton...they have to either back Silva long enough to turn things around or get rid soon-ish and get someone else in. I just can't see them deciding now that Silva has the rest of the season but Wilder's coming in next summer. What if Silva goes on a run and they qualify for Europe?

What if we print this thread off on soft paper, we can then make use of it?

At some point he will go, especially if he keeps us up and gets more plaudits etc etc

I personally don’t think it will be for a few years yet, he is already a legend but I think he will want to cement us as a permanent fixture

Of course he could have issues with the prince that only he knows etc which could force him to rethink that but he comes across, at least to me as, I wouldn’t leave unless I had to etc etc

Plus even if tempted how long would he get at Everton?? They seem to think they should be on the verge of challenging for Champions league

If Wilder keeps winning and keeps getting backed by the owner/ board, then he won’t want or need to go anywhere.

Yes Everton are a big club and as I said a few weeks back, were only really looking at the top 8 clubs which could currently threaten to take Wilder.

Despite some of the doom and gloom above, there is no suggestion at all that Wilder has had or is likely to have any disagreements with the board. In fact the Prince personally backed the purchase of McBurnie.

Were a club on the up and if we continue the way we’re going, then steady improvements will happen on the pitch, at the training ground and in extending the ground.

There seems to have been quite a bit of ‘interfering’ at Everton since Farhad Moshiri took over.
He’s not glamorous enough for Everton. Allardyce would have done a better job than Silva is doing.

I wonder what part of sheffield they heard this from...Pork talk thread about us is full of them hoping he leaves us for a bigger club after every other wish of theirs has fallen flat.

Also his dad and uncles are all scousers who support Liverpool!

Do we consider that Wilder is on a similar salary to the average premiership manager I.e. Sean Dyche at Burnley? If so how much?

Wider has is dream job already. He must have been happy with his new deal to sign it so recently.
How many clubs have a manager who is allowed to manage? How many have a supportive owner who seems happy to be the silent partner, basking in Wilders success?
How many PL clubs insist on a director of football having the last word? How many owners lack patience, and give unqualified support when a result goes against them?
Sheffield United is his club. He will continue to build it in his own image and his own style.

As to the future, perhaps Klopp will move on to a new challenge in 10 years time. Southgate might retire in the same period and Wilder will be able to choose.

Sheffield United. Liverpool. England.

Pigs are constantly telling all who will listen (each other) that Everton are after him. There's no substance to this other than hope. Then that thread appears... with no substance.

Not interested whatsoever.

More chance of Real Madrid being interested than Everton.
Why would he take a step sideways?

Pork talk start rumours that are eventually picked up by Everton fans that will now be taken as prof by those starting the rumour on pork talk in the first place! Where has Chris said he’ll only leave for Everton? As for him leaving because he’s Kevin’s mate, I know for a fact Chris went for the job on more than one occasion. If he was such big mates he’d have been in place years before.. and didn’t Basset Push for him to be considered rather than Kevin “bumping into him in a bar” as Kevin has claimed????

There seems to have been quite a bit of ‘interfering’ at Everton since Farhad Moshiri took over.
He’s not glamorous enough for Everton. Allardyce would have done a better job than Silva is doing.
Allardyce DID do a better job than Silva and without anything like the backing Silva or Koeman had.

Brought him in when they were languishing under Koeman, had them in the top 4 for form second half of season and they finishined a respectable top half.

Of course that run is crap, so he's not renewed, they bring in media darling silva who has spent 250m and taken them to a relegation battle again.

Not a chance. Everton are 'corporate' and will have their own scouting/recruiting team who will make those decisions. Chris is not like any other manager - he puts happiness (of himself and family) before money, of which he's got plenty. Also, he's part of the Blades family and wouldn't dream of kicking us in the balls for a few bob more (like Bruce or the Cowley Brothers). He knows the journey we've been on and shared it, even though he may have been at Halifax, Oxford or Northampton.

The only 'attraction' of going to Everton is that he'd be given time. They gave David Fucking Moyes eleven years - with absolutely no return - and applauded him when he went to Man. Utd. Thick cunts.

Not a chance. Everton are 'corporate' and will have their own scouting/recruiting team who will make those decisions. Chris is not like any other manager - he puts happiness (of himself and family) before money, of which he's got plenty. Also, he's part of the Blades family and wouldn't dream of kicking us in the balls for a few bob more (like Bruce or the Cowley Brothers). He knows the journey we've been on and shared it, even though he may have been at Halifax, Oxford or Northampton.

The only 'attraction' of going to Everton is that he'd be given time. They gave David Fucking Moyes eleven years - with absolutely no return - and applauded him when he went to Man. Utd. Thick cunts.
You cannot be seriously bracketing the Cowley brothers with Bruce in that respect?
There's a world of difference in their careers and situation as well as finances.

You cannot be seriously bracketing the Cowley brothers with Bruce in that respect?
There's a world of difference in their careers and situation as well as finances.

Not really, but the Cowley brothers were taking Lincoln on their own 'rags to riches' journey but then fucked off with nary a backward glance - something I can't see CW doing.

Wednesdayites should have realised what Bruce would do, but were too thick to see it.

Not really, but the Cowley brothers were taking Lincoln on their own 'rags to riches' journey but then fucked off with nary a backward glance - something I can't see CW doing.

Wednesdayites should have realised what Bruce would do, but were too thick to see it.

The same Chris Wilder who took Northampton to the League Two title then left in the summer to a bigger club in the division he'd just been promoted to? Think you're way off the mark with that one: both in terms of the Cowleys and Wilder. Both did the right thing for them at the time.

Back
Top Bottom